Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2022, 13:36   #256
BHPian

Re: The Android Head-Unit buying guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Using Woodman Xtreme 3.0 for more than 4 months now.
Does it support 360° camera? Did you purchase it from their website or from a dealer?
JoaTMoN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 17:24   #257
BHPian

I purchased Android HU recently which has below genuine specs verified with CPUX app. (Some Chinese units have even managed to fake specs even on CPUZ hence CPUX)
1. RAM - 4 GB - Mentioned 4 GB
2. ROM - 64 Gb (Usable 24GB) - Mentioned 64 Gb
3. Processor - MTK 8227L - Mentioned T5

This is a good budget system with good performance. Video up to 1080x1280 plays smoothly. Multiple apps like Hotstar with maps/youtube with maps works without any lagging/hanging. I have installed multiple apps like Hotstar, Zee5, and Sonyliv along with the AGAMA launcher. The system is not lagging at all. The best is the AGAMA launcher. The in-built launcher is not up to my liking. In agama, there is a lot of customization available along with the theme and logo of your car. Refer to the pic. Wireless android auto works flawlessly with Zlink app.

All steering-mounted buttons are easily paired and work as desired. They have also provided a 178-degree reverse camera from Blaupunkt as bundled. It is kinda clear but no dynamic trajectory support.

Google Assistant is not working and which is a major issue for me. Whatever the command is given to Google Assistant, it opens in the web browser. Eg. If I say open youtube, it opens chrome browser and shows search results for open youtube. Any help
in solving this would be really great.

How I ended up purchasing this product -
I was looking on the 'hiwoodman' website regularly and was able to bargain extreme 4 for 26K if I pay him immediately within 5 minutes via gpay. However, my mind was not ready for this deal as only a 2Gb RAM system is not worth spending that much amount as after 2 years it will be so much laggy that it would be used only as an FM player.
Then I inquired on the India mart website. The next day I got a call from Mr. Harsh from Vijay Auto Accessories, he had the above android HU. He talked sense and explained that it could be any brand but the HU would be of the specs as mentioned. I made up my mind to go ahead with this considering the price he quoted for the specs. Also, he said that you can check on any app of your choice or by activating developer options (For RAM). Then he said that his shop is at the Opera House. I wasn't ready to spend my weekend spending in Mumbai's traffic so I told him if he can come to Miraroad, it is okay, else let us leave it. Immediately Mr. Harsh was ready for it. Also to my surprise, He also accompanied his technician all the way from Operahouse to Mira Road.
Attached Thumbnails
The Android Head-Unit buying guide-hotstar-maps.jpeg  

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-agama-launcher-pip.jpeg  

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-overall-look-finishing.jpeg  

X-Saint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 20:41   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Saint View Post
I purchased Android HU recently which has below genuine specs verified with CPUX app. (Some Chinese units have even managed to fake specs even on CPUZ hence CPUX)
1. RAM - 4 GB - Mentioned 4 GB
2. ROM - 64 Gb (Usable 24GB) - Mentioned 64 Gb
3. Processor - MTK 8227L - Mentioned T5
I jumped the gun too early and purchased the Extreme 4.0 360 from hiwoodman.com - paid 36k for 2Gb/32Gb model. Its decent and came with the frame. Their support is decent too. It is very clearly the same system and same software that you are showing. They pushed me hard to purchase and claimed 1.6Ghz Octa core processor, DDR4 RAM for lag free performance, Indian brand etc. I peeled off the woodman sticker on the panel by the way. It's been about one week since i installed it, the 360 is yet to be configured properly, takes time and my local installer has been busy. Not used the system well enough but liked the audio quality.
What did your purchase cost you?
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 05:51   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I jumped the gun too early and purchased the Extreme 4.0 360 from hiwoodman.com - paid 36k for 2Gb/32Gb model. Its decent and came with the frame.
How did you get it at 36k? It shows 38.5k after discount on their website.
Old 28th December 2022, 11:47   #260
BHPian

I have a 2016 Scorpio S10 with the stock infotainment unit.

I really want to upgrade to something that has Android Auto and CarPlay, however my stock unit displays the readings from the inbuilt OEM TPMS sensors and also other information regarding the mileage, service alerts etc.

I know that an Android headunit with Canbus integration will show the mileage, service alerts etc, but I am not too bothered about that. But I really do not want to miss out on the TPMS alerts and as this is the stock inbuilt system, I don't want to have to replace all the sensors with aftermarket just to get this working.

So does anyone know of any Android unit that will sync nicely with the existing TPMS? Also do not want any lag at all. I don't care about watching videos or YouTube, just a reliable unit with a good screen, looks reasonably OEM and has wireless Android Auto and CarPlay.

Am I dreaming or does such a unit exist?
s4ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 17:17   #261
BHPian

Quote:
I jumped the gun too
What did your purchase cost you?
This has costed me 20K but including flip key remote locking (RD Security Systems) , Blaupunkt Dual Horn(S92 BL), and Blaupunkt reverse cam. Android HU price he quoted was 16k.

However now I found out that this system doesn't support 'OK Google' hands free. One has to press the icon and then only it activates
Did some research and found out that on this system it can't be activated. For me, hands free voice commands while driving is must. So asked the guy about the same. He has agreed to replace the HU with the one which supports voice commands with the same configuration.

He will come on Saturday or Sunday with a few HUs which supports voice commands. I will choose the one I like and he will install.
Attached Thumbnails
The Android Head-Unit buying guide-img20221224wa0022.jpg  

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-img20221223wa0030.jpg  

X-Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 17:27   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
Bargain with them on their chat support. I managed to bargain woodman xtreme 3 with reverse cam for 24K. Attached is the print screen.
Attached Thumbnails
The Android Head-Unit buying guide-img_20221228_172619.jpg  

Old 28th December 2022, 17:33   #263
BHPian

Quote:
It is very clearly the same system and same software that you are showing.
If software you are referring as the launcher with Hyundai Logo then I have installed Agama Launcher premium cracked version from Google as I like it's looks and features it offers. This can be installed easily in any android hu.
Old 28th December 2022, 17:42   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
So does anyone know of any Android unit that will sync nicely with the existing TPMS? Also do not want any lag at all. I
My HU has a separate tab in settings for TPMS. Unfortunately my car doesn't have inbuilt or aftermarket TPMS. My installer is from Mumbai. However you can check with him if he can get it installed at Pune (as mentioned location in your profile). If you want will share his number in PM/DM.
X-Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 23:14   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Negotiated over chat but clearly i was not that good as X-Saint below.
Quote:
This has costed me 20K but including flip key remote locking (RD Security Systems) , Blaupunkt Dual Horn(S92 BL), and Blaupunkt reverse cam. Android HU price he quoted was 16k.
Thats cheap but please check the lag. I purchased one more system from hiwoodman.com for my older swift at 18k with two reverse cams but that one is quite laggy compared to the Extreme 4.0. Also their Android Auto is not that easy and is flaky. Comes by sometimes and other times does not. Their screen mirroring works well but then one needs to touch the phone everytime.
Quote:
Bargain with them on their chat support.
Awesome.
Quote:
If software you are referring as the launcher with Hyundai Logo then I have installed Agama Launcher premium cracked version from Google as I like it's looks and features it offers.
Ok, they provided Agama too pre-installed. All their system files are in Chinese and they call themselves a Indian brand. That part i did not like about Woodman.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 10:12   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Negotiated over chat but clearly i was not that good as X-Saint below.
He told me you got only the player, and that you already had the connectors and panel from the previous HU, and hence the discount.
Old 1st January 2023, 11:22   #267
BHPian

Quote:
He told me you got only the player, and that you already had the connectors and panel from the previous HU, and hence the discount.
He might have mixed me with someone else, i got an additional freebie in the form of a solar essential oil diffuser as well. I got a panel for TUV300, with the cable for it along with an extra cable to fit it in my Toyota Qualis. I initially planned to install it in my Qualis but wanted an ability to move it to the TUV if i ever sold the Qualis. However i finally installed it on the TUV since installation itself was pricey.
Old 1st January 2023, 15:11   #268
BHPian

Quote:
However i finally installed it on the TUV since installation itself was pricey.
How much did it cost you for installation? For me he quoted 3,500.
Old 1st January 2023, 15:47   #269
BHPian

Quote:
How much did it cost you for installation? For me he quoted 3,500.
Chennai guys quoted me 4k but when i went, he said cannot do as time consuming and have other commitments etc. I found a guy nearby who charges 2500. There are no manuals whatsoever and their support is also hit and miss. Multiple phone calls and lot of trial and error and youtube videos to sort out some simple stuff. My 360 alignment is still pending to be completed. The reverse cam is a bit flaky and comes on occasionally in reverse gear, often i need to manually select it. But the sound is great.
Old 1st January 2023, 23:08   #270
BHPian

Quote:
There are no manuals whatsoever and their support is also hit and miss. Multiple phone calls and lot of trial and error and Youtube videos to sort out some simple stuff. My 360 alignment is still pending to be completed. The reverse cam is a bit flaky and comes on occasionally in reverse gear, often i need to manually select it. But the sound is great.
After seeing this, I think I'll try and do the installation and calibration myself. It looks a lot simpler than I thought, although it would be a time-consuming work.

Last edited by JoaTMoN : 1st January 2023 at 23:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks