Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2007, 16:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Did someone mention my name?
OT:
yeah,
atlast.... were you busy with the mumbai speedrun/meet.
Old 8th February 2007, 16:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did someone mention my name?
OT:
yeah,
atlast.... were you busy with the mumbai speedrun/meet.
And any plans for hyderabad trips in the comming months. We all would love to meet you.
Old 8th February 2007, 16:25   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

No no, not busy.

There are so many knowledgeable experts here, I take it easy.
Old 8th February 2007, 16:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No no, not busy.

There are so many knowledgeable experts here, I take it easy.
Talk about empowerment, thats what good managers have in their skillset .

Hey sam, your expertise is required here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...t-woffers.html

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 8th February 2007 at 16:36.
Old 8th February 2007, 16:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi guys,
will the hertz DSK 165 fit in the front door of accent? actually it really fits in my budget. ... so please can anyone help me out with the price for hertz rears or should i go for jbl. also might replace the subs so please suggest with prices..in 4-6k.
Rishabh, DSK165s are 6.5" and will not fit the stock locations in the Accent's front doors without some modding. The stock locations are 5.25". The 5.25" Hertz Dieci model would be DSK130. It would be about Rs.5K or Rs.5.5K

If you have subs, you will be OK with 5.25" or 6.5" coaxials in the rear. The Hertz Dieci models would be DCX130 (5.25" co-axials; 4.5K to 5K) or DCX165 (6.5" co-axials; 5K to 5.5K). I guess Gunbir or JB will have to confirm the prices

For 6.5K you can look at the JBL 12" basstube or the 10" sub-in-a-box (not sure if this is available now). Or get a Pio sub and build a box. Unless you go for 2 Pio subs, you will not be able to get 2 subs and box/es for 6.5K.

The JBL component & co-axial details would be on the website I mentioned earlier.

As much as possible please listen before you buy. You can also probably think of Alpine's entry level models, if you can be sure they are genuine.

I remember reading on another thread that the JBL prices on Rediff are with B&W. The Hertz prices I mentioned are also with B&W.

Quote:
hi,
how much do damping mats cost? also how to water proof the doors? i opened the door trim, the oem speaker surrounds were eaten away by water. the metal part was rusted. so before installing the comps i would like to wp the doors. please help..
Damping your doors would run to 3K to 4K. Damping the boot (+ boot lid + license plate) also means the total (doors + boot) damping would be 5-6K. If you damp the door outers (what you see when you open the plastic door-panel trim) that should take care of waterproofing. The OE speakers are just paper and will not hold up to a lot of water. The cones of the Hertz/JBL speakers will be treated to hold up to some water splashing. But it is best to prevent water getting on them. A flap of plastic foam/AC foam over the woofer's magnet inside the door (the woofer magnet will not be protected by the damping) should prevent water from getting on the speaker directly. For the rest, don't roll down your windows in the rain. That's what I do

Rishabh, the JBL subs are way better than the Pio subs. But why do you want two? You sub budget of 6.5K will not accommodate 2 of them (JBLs). The Sealed Box (12") is 8K, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 8th February 2007, 17:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

the viva can take 6.5 in the front door easily with the stock adapter which comes along the car in which the stock speakers are fitted.....with cutting them a little bit.....no major change is required....
Old 8th February 2007, 17:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

Actually all you need to fit 6.5" in the accent/viva front doors is an mdf spacer ring, no cutting shutting really needed.
Old 8th February 2007, 18:52   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post

Rishabh, the JBL subs are way better than the Pio subs. But why do you want two? You sub budget of 6.5K will not accommodate 2 of them (JBLs). The Sealed Box (12") is 8K, if I'm not mistaken.
hi hydra,

The budget i was referring to is for one sub. sorry my mistake. suggestions now??

thanks alot for being so helpful and detailed.

rishabh
Old 8th February 2007, 19:42   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and 1 more thing, i have vented enclosure for my pio 306c sub. please clear my doubts. what will be the effect on the sound if i use a sealed enclosure with the above sub. dont know why but the idea of using sealed enclosure does not sound right to me. i have never listened to a sealed encl. i have an enclosure for two 12" subs with partitioning which im not using. it should be1 to 1.25 cu/ft(vented). if i plug the vent and make it a sealed enclosure , will it sound better?l
Stuff a clean old cotton sock in the port. the stuff you would use for sports. I used a brand called Thor-Lo. worked fine. The details are a long sordid story. :-)

Last edited by navin : 8th February 2007 at 19:43.
Old 8th February 2007, 20:03   #25
BHPian

hi sam,

what is the price of gto1204br?

thanks
Old 8th February 2007, 20:05   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

should be Rs 9,990/- I think.
Old 27th February 2007, 15:21   #27
BHPian

hi guys,

finally im upgrading my ICE setup.

here goes-

My current Ice setup:-

HU - pio 6850
Amp - pio gm-x944 and desi alpine(given away)
rear fills - infinity ref9613l 6x9s 100w rms
fr tweeters - pio Ts-s20(given away)
Sub - 2 pio 304f(given away) 1 pio 306c
fr spkrs - oem(not using)

Now my new setup:-

HU - Pio 6850

Amp - using the 944 only

Fr Spkr - Hertz Energy Esk 165 components. Tweeters on the dash woofer in stock location with mdf spacers.

Rear Fills - infinity ref9613l 6x9s.

Sub - Hertz Energy es 380 15"

Sub Enclosure - .75" Mdf ported(will post the specs later as im getting it installed rightnow.

Port - AZ Audiocomp.

Dynamat Extreme damping(I guess) - fr doors and rear tray.

Replaced the stock tray with .75" mdf tray.

I got the comps installed yesterday. i was really blown away by the clarity and bass. was only listening to them. man they rock.

Also im only using my pio 944. 2 ch bridged to drive the Sub. 2 ch to fr comps. rears on the HU.

Im getting the installation done by DRIVEN in mayapuri. They are really doing a good job.

Thanks alot gunbir for helping me decide and getting the stuff installed. i really appreciate your help. Thank for the time you devoted to my install. Cheers

Also thanks to Hydra, LBM, Navin, Sam(alpabetical order LOL) and all others for your advice. Without you guys i would have never known what ICE is all about.

I will post pictures in the evening if anyone wants.

Thanks,
Rishabh Sehgal

Last edited by clipto333 : 27th February 2007 at 15:33.
Old 27th February 2007, 16:26   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome. Enjoy your music
Old 27th February 2007, 17:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

hmmm must be enjoying the hertz and the kappa.....man if you can change the 944...and get a better to extract the fullest from the good stuff...
Old 27th February 2007, 17:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
hmmm must be enjoying the hertz and the kappa.....man if you can change the 944...and get a better to extract the fullest from the good stuff...
hi,

the next step is to install a monoblock. Rightnow im out of cash. maybe in a month or two ill buy another sub and a monoblock.

i guess the audiocomp port is out as im going for a sealed enclosure. lets see what we decide. in 10 - 20 min it'll be final.

thanks
rishabh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks