Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2019, 21:11   #871

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Hi a4anurag,
Yes you are correct, am referring to Jasdeep Brar of BBW distributors. The only issue of changing the woofer post tuning would be the additional money that would needed to be spent there I am not sure what to do here.
Old 17th August 2019, 10:41   #872
BHPian

Firmware update on Blaupunkt has disabled MapMyIndia navigation. Help!

Hi Guys, I have a Blaupunkt San Diego 530 head unit.
I decided to go for a firmware update to resolve some issues with it hanging on occasion.

I ran the update successfully etc, used a separate SD card for the update.

Now, when I re-inserted the MapMyIndia card into it, it only reads it as a regular multimedia card and won't boot up the software. Earlier it showed the navigation icon on the screen. Now that has been replaced by an SD card icon.

What can I do to make it point to the navigation software?

Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th August 2019 at 07:53. Reason: Formatting
Revvhead is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th August 2019, 19:58   #873
BHPian

JVC Double Din Head Unit with Android Auto

What exactly is the entire confusion between JVC KW-V940BW and JVC KW-V940BWM, one has two camera input while other has only one, One has Wireless Android Auto, while other has only with wire, Amazon is selling the JVC KW-V940BW while Flipkart is selling JVC KW-V940BWM, Both almost same price, Wireless Android Auto should be more advanced and preferred. JVC KW-V940BW is shown only on JVC USA site and JVC KW-V940BWM is shown in JVC India site. Can anyone please clarify?
Old 26th August 2019, 22:50   #874
Senior - BHPian

Re: JVC Double Din Head Unit with Android Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkumarmp View Post
What exactly is the entire confusion between JVC KW-V940BW and JVC KW-V940BWM, one has two camera input while other has only one, One has Wireless Android Auto, while other has only with wire, Amazon is selling the JVC KW-V940BW while Flipkart is selling JVC KW-V940BWM, Both almost same price, Wireless Android Auto should be more advanced and preferred. JVC KW-V940BW is shown only on JVC USA site and JVC KW-V940BWM is shown in JVC India site. Can anyone please clarify?
If the seller is a private one rather than Cloudtail / Fulfilled by Amazon the chances are that the US site one is a gray market import.
Old 29th August 2019, 20:38   #875
BHPian

Hello,

I have Mahindra Thar and upgraded the Audio setup last year with the following:

- Head unit : Pioneer DXT-156UB
- Amp : Focal Performance Auditor+ AP-4340SI
- Speakers: Sony XS-FB693E 3-Way Coaxial
- Sub woofer : Focal Auditor 10" RIP-250S DB

2 Channels ran the Sony co-axials and 2 channels ran the Sub woofer

One day, I had given the car to the service center for a regular service, and when it came back the sub woofer stopped working. Showed to a car speaker guy in here in Pune, he said the coil has burnt and showed the same to me. He said the Gain on the Amp must have caused this.

I went around and bought the same sub woofer again as the audio quality from it is just amazing and 10" fits well between the side bench seats of the Thar. I ran it on considerably lower gain and bass settings and it was working fine. After 6 Months I gave my car for another service, and the moment the car got back this sub woofer went Kaput as well. More so this time the sub woofer got jammed and the cone refused to move.

I went to the same speaker guy, and this time he said the Amp is overpowering the sub woofer and it'll be better if i get a bigger 12" sub woofer.

I do not believe that 2 sub woofers could go bust because of an overpowering Amp. Also is it just a coincidence that this happened when my car went for a service?

Now I'm skeptical to buy a new Sub woofer and fear burning it as well as I'm not very familiar with the ratings.

Please if you could suggest if I should change the setup, or getting a suitable amplifier.
Old 29th August 2019, 21:32   #876
Senior - BHPian

Hide a camera somewhere inside your car. My guess is that some service personnel are using the audio setup in your car to crank up the volume and blast music at the max setting, so your sub burns out or otherwise goes bust.

Or be present and watchful during the entire service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damanbir View Post
Hello,

I have Mahindra Thar and upgraded the Audio setup last year with the following:

- Head unit : Pioneer DXT-156UB
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 21:39   #877
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I do not believe that 2 sub woofers could go bust because of an overpowering Amp. Also is it just a coincidence that this happened when my car went for a service?.
Subwoofers rarely die from be fed too much power. Usually they complain (distort) so much that there is a natural tendency to turn the volume down before a coil burns out.

I suspect someone is abusing the subwoofer, not caring that there is a lot of distortion and that's why the coil is burning out.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 14:22   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Subwoofers rarely die from be fed too much power. Usually they complain (distort) so much that there is a natural tendency to turn the volume down before a coil burns out.

I suspect someone is abusing the subwoofer, not caring that there is a lot of distortion and that's why the coil is burning out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Hide a camera somewhere inside your car. My guess is that some service personnel are using the audio setup in your car to crank up the volume and blast music at the max setting, so your sub burns out or otherwise goes bust.

Or be present and watchful during the entire service.

Thank you, I was around the service center half the time, but then had to leave for work.

I guess a little more precaution is required.

Also, I am not willing to spend another 8k for the Focal Auditor Sub, So should I go in for the cheaper JBLs/Sony/Pioneers as a trial to see if they go burn again.
Old 30th August 2019, 14:24   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, I was around the service center half the time, but then had to leave for work.

I guess a little more precaution is required.

Also, I am not willing to spend another 8k for the Focal Auditor Sub, So should I go in for the cheaper JBLs/Sony/Pioneers as a trial to see if they go burn again.
The thing is, with impedance matching and all, a full set of Focals (or Pioneers, or JBLs etc) will sound rather better out of the box w/o extensive tuning than a mix and match sort of kit. Or at least amp and sub of the same brand.

Why don't you go create a scene at the dealer, say your sub failed twice after two services at his place, and ask to examine cctv footage? If mechanics have been using your car as their personal boombox the 8k can come out of their wages.

Last edited by hserus : 30th August 2019 at 14:33.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 16:56   #880
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So should I go in for the cheaper JBLs/Sony/Pioneers as a trial to see if they go burn again.
You can use a quick connect speaker connector from Neutrik. Commonly called the "Speakon" connector. See link for image.

http://www.electronic-discount.be/pr...hop.htm?lng=en

Then you can disconnect the subwoofer each time your car goes for servicing.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 17:26   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If the seller is a private one rather than Cloudtail / Fulfilled by Amazon the chances are that the US site one is a gray market import.
Thank you sir, Finally received the item, apparently the Amazon seller misrepresented the product as the JVC-KW-V940BW while the item sent was JVC-KW-V940BWM, still cant understand why the US version has Web Link and wireless android auto while the Asia/Oceania version doesn't, it was not sold by cloudtail, third party seller "Audio Expert" iem has India MRP sticket of 29,990/- on it.
drkumarmp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 14:36   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkumarmp View Post
Thank you sir, Finally received the item, apparently the Amazon seller misrepresented the product as the JVC-KW-V940BW while the item sent was JVC-KW-V940BWM, still cant understand why the US version has Web Link and wireless android auto while the Asia/Oceania version doesn't, it was not sold by cloudtail, third party seller "Audio Expert" iem has India MRP sticket of 29,990/- on it.
The JVC website says it supports CarPlay and Auto - only wired you mean?

http://in.jvc.com/car/av_receiver/kw_v940bwm/
Old 5th November 2019, 13:54   #883
BHPian

Anyone has any idea on the stock head unit of elite i20 2015 model (1st gen elite)? Which company makes it? What are the specifications etc?
Old 19th November 2019, 22:34   #884
BHPian

Hi,

Can anyone tell me about a good and reliable car entertainment shop in noida or Delhi? I need to get Amp installed and replace stock speakers to components for my Skoda Rapid.

Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 13:06   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Anyone has any idea on the stock head unit of elite i20 2015 model (1st gen elite)? Which company makes it? What are the specifications etc?
The basic headunit on the elite i20 is made by Hyundai Mobis.

The AVN unit that came in the later models (2016 onwards) is made by Motrex.

What is the information you are looking for ??

Most Viewed