Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 6th October 2019, 15:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Best factory-fitted audio system in cars under 17 lakhs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The MG Hector has a superb audio system! I really enjoyed the bass & treble. The newer-gen Tatas also have nice sounding systems (especially the Harrier & Hexa). I like the sound quality & excellent head-units of Fords too.
I found the Hector's setup to be brilliant too, living up to the hype of the Infinity speakers. On the other hand, the setup on the Seltos was disappointing despite carrying the Bose badging. Looking forward to your view on the same.

Has MG added additional damping on the doors for better sound insulation?

The only plus of an aftermarket entertainment system is that you can customize it as per your music taste and ensure there is enough sound deadening insulation.
coolkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2019, 18:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I found the Hector's setup to be brilliant too, living up to the hype of the Infinity speakers. On the other hand, the setup on the Seltos was disappointing despite carrying the Bose badging. Looking forward to your view on the same.

Has MG added additional damping on the doors for better sound insulation?

The only plus of an aftermarket entertainment system is that you can customize it as per your music taste and ensure there is enough sound deadening insulation.
My thoughts exactly. Seltos Setup is not great at all, atleast to people who have exposure to good sound setups.

But that is how audio works. I know people with whom I took test drive of Nexon, they were blown away by its sound quality, they were however coming from baleno and swift Setup, so that was their benchmark, however I can assure you that Nexon's Setup is junk. Seltos is okies but Hector's better atleast in audio quality.
sandhyab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2019, 13:18   #33

I own a 2019 Elite i20 Asta(O) Diesel, factory fitted setup comes with 8 speakers tuned by a company called Arkamys (which i never heard of before ) but sounds way good. Bass is mind blowing and the audio quality itself feels very good and there are few presets to fiddle around for optimizing the listening experience. I just love it. The same setup is found in Venue, Verna and Creta too.

Did hear the 2019 Ford Ecosport S Diesel stock audio setup when i took a test drive recently, felt very mediocre thou.

Volkwagen Polo has a decent setup. My brother owns a 2016 Diesel model. It is a good one too but not as good as the Hyundai setup.
prabhu.reddy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2019, 16:15   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Budget small cars, difficult to beat Tata's Harman setup on the Tiago/Tigor. Sounds better than a lot of cars twice/thrice the price.
Chetan_Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2019, 21:07   #35

My dad's 8th Gen Civic has a brilliant audio system. It's 12 years old and still manages to impress me when I compare if with newer cars like the i20 elite. Hyundai has good audio systems in their higher end cars, whereas TATAs are definite winners in this category (closely followed by Hondas). If you're on a budget, the previous gen Jazz is probably the best all rounder I can think of. Used Civics also come at really low prices.
grimmreaper_gtr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2019, 11:41   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Here is a list of some of the cars under 17 lakhs that have great factory-fitted audio systems.

Ford EcoSport
Ford Freestyle
Honda City
Honda WR-V
Hyundai Verna
MG Hector
Tata Tiago & Tigor
Tata Zest & Bolt
Tata Nexon
Tata Hexa
Tata Harrier
Hey..

I own a verna and I can say that the system isnt really great. Had to get After Market System with Amp Installed.. Now its Okay..
yogesh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2019, 13:24   #37
BHPian

Tata Nexon Harman based system (top trims with full speakers ), has excellent sound , good clarity with above average B&T
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2019, 09:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

As per a professional who works with Harman, Tiago has the best acoustics and music system in the entire Tata Motors range, followed by Nexon and Hexa.
Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2019, 23:45   #39
RMN

I see many people praising the stock setup of the Freestyle but I found it really poor. Nowhere as good as the stock ones that came with the '14 Vento TSI even. I immediately swapped the front speakers with a basic KICKER setup.
RMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2019, 00:19   #40
BHPian

I own both the Tiago and the Hexa. Awesome sound quality in both. Younger brother racsaxen has a Nexon. All three have amazing sound quality.

My 2012 Manza also had a great Blaupunkt unit. Never felt the need to upgrade.

Last edited by dhondusaxena : 13th October 2019 at 00:19. Reason: Spelling mistake
dhondusaxena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2019, 23:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmreaper_gtr View Post
My dad's 8th Gen Civic has a brilliant audio system. It's 12 years old and still manages to impress me when I compare if with newer cars like the i20 elite.
I like my Civic's speakers. .they're pretty basic , standard paper cone ones but the sound is nice. But compared to a system with a dedicated amp and a subwoofer, its miles behind. My 2009 punto's OEM setup had a Blaupunkt system which had a very good sound. Fiat ditched the Balupunkt for some unknown brand eventually.
coolkurt is offline   Reply With Quote