Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2019, 15:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best factory-fitted audio system in cars under 17 lakhs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The MG Hector has a superb audio system! I really enjoyed the bass & treble. The newer-gen Tatas also have nice sounding systems (especially the Harrier & Hexa). I like the sound quality & excellent head-units of Fords too.
I found the Hector's setup to be brilliant too, living up to the hype of the Infinity speakers. On the other hand, the setup on the Seltos was disappointing despite carrying the Bose badging. Looking forward to your view on the same.

Has MG added additional damping on the doors for better sound insulation?

The only plus of an aftermarket entertainment system is that you can customize it as per your music taste and ensure there is enough sound deadening insulation.
Old 6th October 2019, 18:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I found the Hector's setup to be brilliant too, living up to the hype of the Infinity speakers. On the other hand, the setup on the Seltos was disappointing despite carrying the Bose badging. Looking forward to your view on the same.

Has MG added additional damping on the doors for better sound insulation?

The only plus of an aftermarket entertainment system is that you can customize it as per your music taste and ensure there is enough sound deadening insulation.
My thoughts exactly. Seltos Setup is not great at all, atleast to people who have exposure to good sound setups.

But that is how audio works. I know people with whom I took test drive of Nexon, they were blown away by its sound quality, they were however coming from baleno and swift Setup, so that was their benchmark, however I can assure you that Nexon's Setup is junk. Seltos is okies but Hector's better atleast in audio quality.
sandhyab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 13:18   #33
BHPian

I own a 2019 Elite i20 Asta(O) Diesel, factory fitted setup comes with 8 speakers tuned by a company called Arkamys (which i never heard of before ) but sounds way good. Bass is mind blowing and the audio quality itself feels very good and there are few presets to fiddle around for optimizing the listening experience. I just love it. The same setup is found in Venue, Verna and Creta too.

Did hear the 2019 Ford Ecosport S Diesel stock audio setup when i took a test drive recently, felt very mediocre thou.

Volkwagen Polo has a decent setup. My brother owns a 2016 Diesel model. It is a good one too but not as good as the Hyundai setup.
Old 9th October 2019, 16:15   #34
Team-BHP Support

Budget small cars, difficult to beat Tata's Harman setup on the Tiago/Tigor. Sounds better than a lot of cars twice/thrice the price.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 21:07   #35
BHPian

My dad's 8th Gen Civic has a brilliant audio system. It's 12 years old and still manages to impress me when I compare if with newer cars like the i20 elite. Hyundai has good audio systems in their higher end cars, whereas TATAs are definite winners in this category (closely followed by Hondas). If you're on a budget, the previous gen Jazz is probably the best all rounder I can think of. Used Civics also come at really low prices.
grimmreaper_gtr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 11:41   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Here is a list of some of the cars under 17 lakhs that have great factory-fitted audio systems.

Ford EcoSport
Ford Freestyle
Honda City
Honda WR-V
Hyundai Verna
MG Hector
Tata Tiago & Tigor
Tata Zest & Bolt
Tata Nexon
Tata Hexa
Tata Harrier
Hey..

I own a verna and I can say that the system isnt really great. Had to get After Market System with Amp Installed.. Now its Okay..
Old 10th October 2019, 13:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon Harman based system (top trims with full speakers ), has excellent sound , good clarity with above average B&T
Old 11th October 2019, 09:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

As per a professional who works with Harman, Tiago has the best acoustics and music system in the entire Tata Motors range, followed by Nexon and Hexa.
Old 12th October 2019, 23:45   #39
RMN
BHPian

I see many people praising the stock setup of the Freestyle but I found it really poor. Nowhere as good as the stock ones that came with the '14 Vento TSI even. I immediately swapped the front speakers with a basic KICKER setup.
Old 13th October 2019, 00:19   #40
BHPian

I own both the Tiago and the Hexa. Awesome sound quality in both. Younger brother racsaxen has a Nexon. All three have amazing sound quality.

My 2012 Manza also had a great Blaupunkt unit. Never felt the need to upgrade.

Last edited by dhondusaxena : 13th October 2019 at 00:19. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 14th October 2019, 23:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmreaper_gtr View Post
My dad's 8th Gen Civic has a brilliant audio system. It's 12 years old and still manages to impress me when I compare if with newer cars like the i20 elite.
I like my Civic's speakers. .they're pretty basic , standard paper cone ones but the sound is nice. But compared to a system with a dedicated amp and a subwoofer, its miles behind. My 2009 punto's OEM setup had a Blaupunkt system which had a very good sound. Fiat ditched the Balupunkt for some unknown brand eventually.
Old 30th October 2019, 02:43   #42
BHPian

I own the Tata Nexon XZ+ model which has Audio system sourced from Harman. The sound quality is awesome. I retained the sub-woofer before I sold my old car as I planned that I would fir it in the Nexon however the sound is so good that I never felt the need of the sub-woofer.
racsaxen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 15:28   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post

Honda esp the city sound below average and they had skipped big time on key features for a long time.
I would want to disagree to this one point because we have a Honda city 2016 VX(O) and the optional(O)
music system with navigation in the VX(O) sounds phenomenally good for a stock system no matter how you tune the EQ(bass, treble and mid being the only adjustments sucks)
It can get REALLY PUNCHY when you want it to or Nice and sharp on the highs. when you want it to.

I consider my ears to be of A very close match to those of an audiophile, and have been exposed to good systems on the audio side of things a fair bit. And I prefer listening to music in the city sometimes over the Safari storme which is fitted with Polk Audio MM components up front and a pioneer TSW Series shallow mount subwoofer, which is far from a great system but is a respectable setup.

Sure the safari can be tuned better but the Honda does all of what it can do out of the box with no mods whatsoever,
The bass when cranked or put in THEATRE EQ mode, will Have you looking around for a subwoofer, it’s almost that good.
Quote:
Suzuki pre Bosch units are very bad sounding ...very hollow.to be precise, but the bosch tocuh screen brought good updates feature wise.and sounded a lot better than earlier units
Tiago / Nexon / Hexa sound well rounded in sonics but their now defunct Harman Touch unit was pathetic to use !!

Last edited by Aditya : 7th October 2020 at 07:58. Reason: As requested
Old 14th May 2020, 19:51   #44

I have been following various articles and YT videos on car audio systems. So got some knowledge on it. I bought used Ford Fiesta Classic, 2012 model. The stock system was sounding good enough, but on a higher volumes, the base was not tight as per my liking.

As I do lot of highway driving, I can’t drive without music at any time. So I first changes the back speakers to Infinity red 6x9 coax and front door speakers to Infinity Ref 6.5” components. There was a huge increment in sound quality. After sometime. I also added some damping on all four doors and changed the stock HU to KENWOOD touchscreen unit. And there was a huge improvement in the quality of sound.

The main reasons were the stock speakers generally comes with paper cones against the polymer cones in aftermarket speakers. The stock HU has power output of 20w RMS per channel against the KENWOOD which provides 55W RMS per channel.

So before judging the sound quality in new cars with OEM system, one should ask the below questions to Dealership.

1. Head unit output per channel (in most budget cars below 12 lacs, its 20W per channel)
2. Speaker brands and their output Watts in RMS.
3. Speaker cone materials
4. Doors are well damped or not

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th May 2020 at 19:59. Reason: Post edited to add paragraph break, for readability. Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 23:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
I second that, I recently bought a Venue and I am pleasantly surprised with the sound output from stock speakers. Good amount of bass and overall happy with the stock setup.
Hi drvhplyevraftr, do you encounter any rattling in your doorpads especially while playing music which has good bass content? I do notice this in my friend’s Venue & it’s really irritating to say the least. This isn’t for all the tracks that are being played; but a select few with good bass content. Just wanted to know if this is a known thing in the Venue or do I need to get it checked with Hyundai service.
Thanks.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 29th June 2020 at 23:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks