Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2019, 09:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Installed! Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 Android head-unit in my Tata Tigor XZA

I have not seen any thread where anyone posted Tata Tigor ICE upgrade.

I have been inquiring/checking the availability of a good touch screen to replace the stock HU of my Tata Tigor XZA. Unfortunately, the XZA variant comes with an ordinary HU (only XZ (O) top option variant comes with touchscreen).

From 2nd service onwards, I have been discussing about this with the dealer accessory shop guys, but all the time they simply said that they cannot do the job. Since not many good after market shops available in my area I didn't want to risk giving the work to them and has been waiting for the dealer guys positive response.

In the meantime, I also wrote to TAMO enquiring the possibilities of fitting a touchscreen or at least fitting the same set up available in the XZ (O) variant but they also said it was not possible.

At that time I thought that I made a mistake in going for XZA, instead I should have taken the XZ (O) variant. Finally, I wrote to TAMO once again asking their permission to fit after market product which they did not reply, but after couple of days some guys from TATA area office called me and explained me the difficulties, mainly finding a stereo frame for their touchscreen HU is difficult etc etc. However, they promised me to keep me advised if they find any solution on this matter.

As a routine check, early this month, I have asked the dealer if they have some good news from TAMO on upgrading the stock HU to a touchscreen. They guy told me that they can now fix touchscreen and shown me a couple of models from Sony (XAV-AX3000, Rs.21, 000 & XAV-AX5000, Rs.26, 000 - price of harness + frame + fitting charges not included)

I told him to wait for couple of days.

In the meantime, after two days he called me again to inform that they have Bluapunkt Long Beach 970 Android 6.0 system which comes with 9'' display and that will fit in my car. I checked the model in Bluapunkt website and liked it. The price they quoted (after couple of negotiation) was Rs.35, 000 including harnesses, stereo frame and reverse camera & fitting charges.

Installed! Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 Android head-unit in my Tata Tigor XZA-img20191030wa0006.jpg

I have checked the system features on Blaupunk website and liked it and finally authorised them to go ahead and handed over the car to them to fit the touchscreen. The OEM HU was removed and handed over to me (I tried to exchange it or asked them to take at a discounted rate but they refused it).

Here are some pictures (after installation):

Installed! Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 Android head-unit in my Tata Tigor XZA-c.jpg

Installed! Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 Android head-unit in my Tata Tigor XZA-g.jpg

Installed! Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 Android head-unit in my Tata Tigor XZA-k.jpg

Installed! Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 Android head-unit in my Tata Tigor XZA-e.jpg

Installed! Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 Android head-unit in my Tata Tigor XZA-n.jpg

Installed! Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 Android head-unit in my Tata Tigor XZA-h.jpg

Installed! Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 Android head-unit in my Tata Tigor XZA-j.jpg

Installed! Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 Android head-unit in my Tata Tigor XZA-o.jpg

Important features:

-9.0'' Capacitive Touch Display
-Android 6.0
-2GB DDR3 Memory, 16GB Flash storage
-PhoneLink
-USB/ A/V -IN
-Navigation ready

Since it has the Android 6.0 OS, we can download Google Play store and then download other apps as per our requirement.

Thanks.
nairrk is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 10:17   #2
BHPian

Very crisp and articulated well! Blaupunkt HU is pretty good!

I have a Saint Louis 350 and their after sales service is pretty good. Having faced issues with the phone link, I got in touch with them and their support team helped me get a firmware update immediately.

Don't forget to register your head unit for warranty.
t3ofil4us is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 10:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Installed! Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 Android head-unit in my Tata Tigor XZA

Thanks. I already registered the product and received their 2 year warranty certificate.

Yes, you are right. The Blaupunkt support team is very prompt in replying or solving the problem. The left side panel key backlit is not working in my system and I wrote to them yesterday for clarification. Immediately, they have replied and asked me to discuss with the installer to connect a wiring harness to the radio Pin..

Accordingly spoke to the installer and am taking the car tomorrow for them to check this issue.
Old 28th November 2019, 11:27   #4
BHPian

I also have a Hypersonic Android HU installed in my Tiago XZA. Surprised that others are also ready to sacrifice on parking sensors and some vehicle settings which are accessed through the stock HU.
Old 28th November 2019, 11:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yes, by changing the OEM HU, we will miss the stock parking sensors. But I wanted the reverse parking camera which was not there in XZA variant, hence I switched to Blaupunkt touchscreen.
Old 2nd December 2019, 15:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Yes, by changing the OEM HU, we will miss the stock parking sensors. But I wanted the reverse parking camera which was not there in XZA variant, hence I switched to Blaupunkt touchscreen.
Did you manage to get keys light up properly? In my case, they were also getting triggered by brake light instead of just parking bulbs like intended. Something to do with canbus support which is required to make these things function properly.
Old 2nd December 2019, 15:14   #7
BHPian

Is it possible to watch you tube videos during driving (not by driver off course)?
Old 2nd December 2019, 15:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Yes. Even you can watch videos from pen drive.
Old 8th December 2019, 20:05   #9
BHPian

Thank you for the post. I am considering this for my new Dzire VXI AMT. Hae few questions.
1. Does all the steering mounted controls and voice commands work seamlessly?
2. Will the default in-built reverse parking sensor not work after installing this?
3. Is the external mic reception good?
4. How is the reverse parking camera quality?
5. Heard 1GB RAM models are too slow to respond. Hope this 2GB ram version works fine without lag
pisthpeeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 16:38   #10
BHPian

It’s been a year, my Tiago runs a Sony XAV-AX1000. Factory sensors, steering wheel controls all work.

Installed! Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 Android head-unit in my Tata Tigor XZA-81593705f1d54c589a0387efcd882bd8.jpeg

Installed! Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 Android head-unit in my Tata Tigor XZA-421baa89875145ce83d38ddebddd6628.jpeg
drhoneycake is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 13:27   #11

looks good ! just one question, does it downgrade the sound quality of original harman system ? and also can we upgrade the software for this system ?

I have nexon XMA and planning to install the same.
Old 14th July 2020, 09:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandilya_dev View Post
looks good ! just one question, does it downgrade the sound quality of original harman system ? and also can we upgrade the software for this system ?

I have nexon XMA and planning to install the same.

No, in fact the sound quality has improved - much better than original Harman sound quality.
Old 14th July 2020, 10:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

As already explained, When I installed the Blaupunkt 970 on my car, removing the OEM music system, the OEM reverse sensor function also stopped working

Last week (periodical service was due then), I checked with those guys who fitted the system how to enable those sensors. They advise that the OEM sensors is not at all useful now and we need to fit a VPS module with new sensors connected to the Blaupunkt.

I badly needed the sensors, hence asked them to fit the VPS.

The VPS image taken from the company website:

Name:  Vedio Parking Sensor.png
Views: 5226
Size:  129.4 KB

The Video Parking sensor with voice command from brand Torq G99 (model T-300). I had to pay Rs.3500 including installation (bill shows Rs.2900 plus tax and it comes to 3500).

VPS is connected into my Blaupunkt system and it shows the distance to objects on the rear left side/rear right side and total rear side. The sensor also comes with a voice command (along with beep sound) advising you the distance available and when you reach 0.4M it will caution /shout you to ''STOP".

Will post a few pictures later.
nairrk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 11:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Herewith some pictures of the Sensor set up:

Name:  2.png
Views: 5335
Size:  328.5 KB
(No beep sound, but the voice keeps reminding that you have 1 meter distance​ left behind)

Name:  3.png
Views: 5176
Size:  390.1 KB
(2 arrows on the left side indicating that something is there close to the rear left side of the car (yes my scooter was parked there)

Name:  4.png
Views: 5058
Size:  300.6 KB
(you will get continuous beep sound as well as a voice warning when you are at this distance)

Name:  5.png
Views: 5016
Size:  310.9 KB
(at this point, i.e. less than 0.3M, you get STOP warning, long beep as well as voice command saying Stop stop stop)

///
nairrk is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 09:11   #15

Quote:
No, in fact the sound quality has improved - much better than original Harman sound quality.
I agree ! Finally yesterday I got this installed, though not used much (left for car to be sanitized for at-least 2 days ) , but from initial signs it looks like quantity has improved not sure about the quality (may take some more time to do detailed review )

Thanks a lot for your review on this it really helped me to narrow down my options to this particular HU !

Quote:
Herewith some pictures of the Sensor set up:

Attachment 2030179
(No beep sound, but the voice keeps reminding that you have 1 meter distance​ left behind)

Attachment 2030174
(2 arrows on the left side indicating that something is there close to the rear left side of the car (yes my scooter was parked there)

Attachment 2030178
(you will get continuous beep sound as well as a voice warning when you are at this distance)

Attachment 2030177
(at this point, i.e. less than 0.3M, you get STOP warning, long beep as well as voice command saying Stop stop stop)
Really looks cool , and yes dealer told me about this enhancement and it will be available shortly, this will complete the missing gap!

Last edited by Aditya : 16th December 2021 at 05:03. Reason: Back to back posts merged
shandilya_dev is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks