Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2020, 19:20   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Oh.. that's nice, you got some exchange amount for your OEM HU. Tata accessories guys didn't want to take my Tigor OEM HU (Harman) and it is still with me.
5k exchange offer for any 2 DIN HU is official discount from Blaupunkt and applicable only for NY750 model along with free rear camera

VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750-capture.jpg

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 1st February 2020 at 19:22. Reason: snap added
Old 12th March 2020, 09:38   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasrani View Post
Hi! Thank you for the comment on the install. I have the NY 750 version 1 which comes with wireless Apple CarPlay and wired Android Auto / am told that there are some Google phones that can work via wireless Android Auto.

I've had the unit for about 4 months and it works brilliantly. My primary requirement is wireless CarPlay. About 3 weeks back, the unit for some strange reason, would take time (longer than previously) to pair with my phone. I contacted Blaupunkt Customer Service at 1 800 209 6820 and spoke with Kailash. He suggested that I flash the SW since they had received an updated version. I did exactly that and now it's back to working well.

All the steering wheel controls I need - work seamlessly.

During my phone conversation with Kailash at Blaupunkt Customer Service he mentioned that they had launched a version 2 also - I checked the feature list of version 2 and was informed that in version 2 they have removed wireless Apple CarPlay but added the option to choose between wired PhoneLINK or Android Auto and retained wired CarPlay.

Again, this purchase was a great deal because this unit gave me the option of wireless CarPlay and also valued my old OE radio at 5,000/- I wasn't able to find another radio at this price with wireless CarPlay and with 3 pre outs which was also another feature that I was looking for.

What steps did you followed to run wireless CarPlay? I got my New York 750 yesterday. I am afraid I got the version 2. Also, I installed it in an old car and it does not have steering mounted controls.
Old 12th March 2020, 11:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.joshi View Post
What steps did you followed to run wireless CarPlay? I got my New York 750 yesterday. I am afraid I got the version 2. Also, I installed it in an old car and it does not have steering mounted controls.
Hi ! I've been told that you will need to call Blaupunkt Customer Service at 1 800 209 6820 and chat with them about converting the v2 to a v1 - wireless CP only works with v1 only.

Also, recently a good friend bought the NY 750 v1 and installed it in a car without steering wheel controls - he bought an accessory - Blaupunkt RC 10 with interface and mounted it on his steering wheel. He informs me that he's thrilled with the functionality of this accessory. Please speak with Blaupunkt Customer Service to get more information about pricing and availability of the RC 10 accessory. If you decide to go ahead and buy this steering wheel remote control, please ensure that you buy it with an interface - that's what I've been told.
Old 12th March 2020, 11:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Please speak with Blaupunkt Customer Service to get more information about pricing and availability of the RC 10 accessory. If you decide to go ahead and buy this steering wheel remote control, please ensure that you buy it with an interface - that's what I've been told.
I emailed them in the morning, they called me and told that I've the V2 and it doesn't support wireless CarPlay. They removed wireless CarPlay and added PhoneLINK in V2.
Old 12th March 2020, 16:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I emailed them in the morning, they called me and told that I've the V2 and it doesn't support wireless CarPlay. They removed wireless CarPlay and added PhoneLINK in V2.
Hi ! I got a similar response when I called them today for another friend. But, the upside of my conversation was that they wanted me to check with my dealer. They gave me the name of the Blaupunkt Sales person for my territory and also wanted me to chat with him to see if he could help. I will be talking to him tomorrow, will keep you posted.
Old 13th October 2020, 22:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I will be talking to him tomorrow, will keep you posted.
Hi Sir, any updates on this? Were you able to get wireless Carplay working? Flipkart has listed this head unit for ~12k INR as part of the festive season sale and I have pre-booked it for my Yaris. I am keen to know whether the one I am going to receive will be v1 or v2. Would be nice if we can change the version just by flashing different software.
Old 16th October 2020, 12:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I think you'll need to contact Blaupunkt and ask for a SW flash to v1 and check with your dealer about the possibility of buying a USB dongle to enable wireless CarPlay. Blaupunkt can be reached at 1 800 209 6820 - TOLL FREE customer service.
Old 16th October 2020, 22:29   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
Hi Sir, any updates on this? Were you able to get wireless Carplay working? Flipkart has listed this head unit for ~12k INR as part of the festive season sale and I have pre-booked it for my Yaris. I am keen to know whether the one I am going to receive will be v1 or v2. Would be nice if we can change the version just by flashing different software.
12K for the NY 750 is a fantastic price, I paid 17K for it after getting 5K off for my factory radio under an exchange scheme. Even if you get v2, I'm sure if you contact Blaupunkt Customer Service at 1 800 209 6820 they'll be able to help you convert it to a v1 and get wireless Car Play working. You may need to let them know where you're located and ask for the local sales person's phone number / the conversion to v1 can happen at a local dealer's location - it is, I've been told a simple SW flash
dasrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 22:32   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I suggest you call their customer service at 1 800 209 6820 and ask for the phone contact for the BP sales person who handles your territory. I've been told that you can via a SW flash and an additional USB dongle get wireless CP working. But it has to be done by your local dealer.
Old 29th December 2020, 16:46   #25
BHPian

Hi dasrani/all, I’d like to get your feedback on Blaupunkt New York 750 over the long term. Have you had any issues with the interface & how is the SQ from the HU? Is it comparable with equivalent budget pioneers & Sony’s? Keen to hear first hand review from people who have been using it for sometime. I’m considering to upgrade from my stock HU - RCD 320 on my Rapid.

Some of the others in consideration are
- Pioneer Z5290BT
- Sony Ax 5000
Old 24th August 2021, 12:51   #26
BHPian

Hi

I am looking to buy New York 750 for my baleno deta variant. I have considered sony xav 5000 and 5500 as well, but i do not want usb cables hanging from the glove box.

Can any one please confirm if android auto and car play work from front usb in New York 750. and also how is the capacitive touch on this head unit.
Old 24th August 2021, 22:06   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevin007 View Post
Can any one please confirm if android auto and car play work from front usb in New York 750.
Yes, it does.

Quote:
how is the capacitive touch on this head unit.
Not bad IMO, never disappointed me.
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 18:34   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Hi ! As for the install in the Polo GT install - i had to buy the following in addition to the actual HU
1. VW Fascia
2. Steering Wheel Interface integrated with Wiring Harness
3. Antenna adaptor
4. MDF Speaker adaptors
5. Blaupunkt 8ga OFC amplifier wiring kit
6. Blaupunkt OFC 3M (1qty) for under seat speaker amp and 5M (1qty) for rear spare wheel well subwoofer - High End RCA's

Deepak
Hi Deepak,

Thanks for this thread.

Could you tell me whether you had to do any coding or anything from VCDS for the reverse camera and steering controls to work?

Is sl nos 3, 4, 5 you mentioned above required in all cases or was specific to your case as you were upgrading speakers.

KK
Old 11th November 2021, 21:07   #29
BHPian

Has anyone been able to convert their Blaunpunkt new york 750 unit from v2 to v1 with software flash? If yes was it an easy process and do we need additional dongle to use wireless carplay?
Old 23rd November 2021, 14:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Can any one please confirm if android auto and car play work from front usb in New York 750. and also how is the capacitive touch on this head unit.
Yes it does. I got Newyork 750 installed in my baleno delta and both apple carplay and android auto work in it. I have also tried screen mirroring with iphone. However you have to choose default action of carPlay vs screen mirroring.

I did get a dongle which is connected to rear usb and that has enabled wireless carPlay which I was not expecting to be there.
nevin007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks