Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2019, 18:00   #1
BHPian

VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750

I recently got a complete system installed in my VW Polo and I must say that the results are outstanding !

The configuration is:
Blaupunkt New York 750 - with wireless Car Play
JBL Stadium GTO 600C Front 2 way system
JBL Stadium GTO 20M - midrange for front
JBL Bass Pro Hub Spare wheel sub - 11" active subwoofer
Stage 9004 - 4 channel amplifier - used in bridged 2 channels powering the front only

I chose the Bass Pro Hub as I did not want to lose any trunk space at all

The mid woofer was installed in the factory door location in the front and the midrange and tweeter was installed in a custom fibreglass pod

Here are some pictures of the install

Deepak
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750-photo20191002184118.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750-photo20191019141759.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750-photo20191019141850.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750-photo20191019141924.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750-photo20191019141925.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750-photo20191019141926.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750-photo201910191419271.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750-photo20191019141927.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750-photo20191019141928.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750-photo20191019141947.jpg  

VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750-photo20191019141948.jpg  

dasrani is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 07:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TSi ICE'd - JBL Stadium and Blaupunkt New York 750

How much you paid to the New York 750?
Believe it is 6.75'' display with android auto?
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 13:48   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
How much you paid to the New York 750?
Believe it is 6.75'' display with android auto?
I paid Rs.17,000 for it under exchange - they gave me Rs. 5000/- off for my old OE radio. Yes, it is a 6.75" screen - it is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible. what really sold me on this model is the Wireless Apple CarPlay feature and this has worked seamlessly up until now - been 2 weeks since the install. Android Auto is still a wired option, however, the reseller told me that there is a restricted set of Google phones that are Wireless Android Auto compatible.
dasrani is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 14:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Oh.. that's nice, you got some exchange amount for your OEM HU. Tata accessories guys didn't want to take my Tigor OEM HU (Harman) and it is still with me.
Old 1st December 2019, 10:36   #5
BHPian

@Dasrani: It is a direct fit toyour Polo. Please can you share the details of installations and any adaptors required.
Old 1st December 2019, 12:26   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasrani View Post
I recently got a complete system installed in my VW Polo and I must say that the results are outstanding!

The configuration is:
Blaupunkt New York 750 - with wireless Car Play
JBL Stadium GTO 600C Front 2 way system
JBL Stadium GTO 20M - midrange for front
JBL Bass Pro Hub Spare wheel sub - 11" active subwoofer
Stage 9004 - 4 channel amplifier - used in bridged 2 channels powering the front only

I chose the Bass Pro Hub as I did not want to lose any trunk space at all

The mid-woofer was installed in the factory door location in the front and the midrange and tweeter was installed in a custom fiberglass pod

Here are some pictures of the install

Deepak
Killer install. Love the Midrange/tweeter pods you made. Superb work. How is the 20M integrated between the 660C woofer and tweeter?

Why not use the Stage 9004 in 4 channel mode to send the bass to the 600C's woofer and the midrange and highs to the GTO 20M and 6660C's tweeter?

It has LPF and HPF filters. All you would need is some passive LPF filter for the midrange which could have been built into the 660C's XO box of the 660C (you would not be using the LPF section of this passive XO anyway)

Last edited by navin : 1st December 2019 at 12:32.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 11:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Killer install. Love the Midrange/tweeter pods you made. Superb work. How is the 20M integrated between the 660C woofer and tweeter?

Why not use the Stage 9004 in 4 channel mode to send the bass to the 600C's woofer and the midrange and highs to the GTO 20M and 6660C's tweeter?

It has LPF and HPF filters. All you would need is some passive LPF filter for the midrange which could have been built into the 660C's XO box of the 660C (you would not be using the LPF section of this passive XO anyway)
Hi ! To answer your question: How is the 20M integrated between the 660C woofer and tweeter? - the passive XO box of the Stadium GTO 600C comes with a provision in it to add the Stadium GTO 20M - essentially converting it from a two way component to a three way component !

Why not use the Stage 9004 in 4 channel mode to send the bass to the 600C's woofer and the midrange and highs to the GTO 20M and 6660C's tweeter? This is essentially what I wanted to do initially. Use it as an active 3 way component and add another small 2 channel to power the midrange alone. Since I did not buy a DSP to manage individual channel levels - I decided to go with a passive 3 way system - for now. Running a 3 way active system is a bit tricky without using a DSP - getting the overall balance of sound between the mid woofer / Midrange and Tweeter is very difficult. Sometime in Jan when I have some more money - I do intend to buy the RF DSR1 and integrate it in the line along with a 2 channel amplifier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
@Dasrani: It is a direct fit toyour Polo. Please can you share the details of installations and any adaptors required.
Hi ! As for the install in the Polo GT install - i had to buy the following in addition to the actual HU
1. VW Fascia
2. Steering Wheel Interface integrated with Wiring Harness
3. Antenna adaptor
4. MDF Speaker adaptors
5. Blaupunkt 8ga OFC amplifier wiring kit
6. Blaupunkt OFC 3M (1qty) for under seat speaker amp and 5M (1qty) for rear spare wheel well subwoofer - High End RCA's

Deepak

Last edited by BlackPearl : 2nd December 2019 at 16:12. Reason: Merged back to back posts as requested
dasrani is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:08   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasrani View Post
the passive XO box of the Stadium GTO 600C comes with a provision in it to add the Stadium GTO 20M

I do intend to buy the RF DSR1 and integrate it in the line along with a 2 channel amplifier.
I learn something new every day. Given the marginal cost difference between a 2 channel and a 4 channel amplifier maybe you could get a second Stage 9004 and use the other 2 channels to power the rear speakers.
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:47   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I learn something new every day. Given the marginal cost difference between a 2 channel and a 4 channel amplifier maybe you could get a second Stage 9004 and use the other 2 channels to power the rear speakers.
Hi !
I don't have rear speakers and don't plan on installing a pair - being a self driven vehicle - I feel that I'm good with just front speakers.

Also, currently the front speakers and the sub are in Sync with each other - most passengers in my car can't really isolate the sub in the trunk and are amazed with the level of bass from just the front speakers - only when I pop the trunk and show them the sub in the spare wheel well they actually believe me.

Deepak
dasrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 13:10   #10
BHPian

Corrected typo and added another question

Loved your setup! Did skipping the back speakers kinda create a void in the mid bass?

where did u source the antenna adaptor from.

Last edited by t3ofil4us : 2nd December 2019 at 13:13.
Old 2nd December 2019, 14:09   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ofil4us View Post
Loved your setup! Did skipping the back speakers kinda create a void in the mid bass?

Hi !
Thank you !

About lack of mid bass, since there aren't any rear speakers - the JBL Stadium series speakers are built to deliver good mid bass and I've set the HPF on the amp at around 65Hz. There's enough of an overlap between the sub which is cut off at 90Hz and gain is set so as to not overpower the overall sound.
Deepak

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ofil4us View Post

Hi !

Bought the antenna adaptor from Blaupunkt India - Bombay !

Deepak

MOD NOTE: Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here. (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP)

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd December 2019 at 14:58. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 8th December 2019, 10:21   #12

Hi Deepak, congrats on the lovely install, where did you get this install done?
Can you pls share details
Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 13:55   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automoti-vated View Post
Hi Deepak, congrats on the lovely install, where did you get this install done?
Can you pls share details
Thanks
Hi !
It was done in Coimbatore by Ramesh (freelancer) / doesn't actually work for a store. He was recommended by a friend of mine - Prabhu ( in Coimbatore).

Ramesh speaks Tamil but understands a little English and can be reached at +91.80894 79544

Deepak
Old 29th January 2020, 13:59   #14
BHPian

Now thats a clean install !
What is your experience with the New York 750 till now ? Do the steering controls work flawlessly ?
I am contemplating the same HU for my Vento under their exchange scheme. The Android HU i am using right now is a typical chinese unit ordered from AliExpress and has started having some issues.
Old 1st February 2020, 12:36   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
Now thats a clean install !
What is your experience with the New York 750 till now ? Do the steering controls work flawlessly ?
I am contemplating the same HU for my Vento under their exchange scheme. The Android HU i am using right now is a typical chinese unit ordered from AliExpress and has started having some issues.
Hi! Thank you for the comment on the install. I have the NY 750 version 1 which comes with wireless Apple CarPlay and wired Android Auto / am told that there are some Google phones that can work via wireless Android Auto.

I've had the unit for about 4 months and it works brilliantly. My primary requirement is wireless CarPlay. About 3 weeks back, the unit for some strange reason, would take time (longer than previously) to pair with my phone. I contacted Blaupunkt Customer Service at 1 800 209 6820 and spoke with Kailash. He suggested that I flash the SW since they had received an updated version. I did exactly that and now it's back to working well.

All the steering wheel controls I need - work seamlessly.

During my phone conversation with Kailash at Blaupunkt Customer Service he mentioned that they had launched a version 2 also - I checked the feature list of version 2 and was informed that in version 2 they have removed wireless Apple CarPlay but added the option to choose between wired PhoneLINK or Android Auto and retained wired CarPlay.

Again, this purchase was a great deal because this unit gave me the option of wireless CarPlay and also valued my old OE radio at 5,000/- I wasn't able to find another radio at this price with wireless CarPlay and with 3 pre outs which was also another feature that I was looking for.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks