Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2007, 21:31   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
How using the touch screen is gonna be inconvinient? Could you explain?.... I think using the touch screen is going to be more advantageous !....
My apologies, I could not explain it clearly. What I meant to say that, using the touch screen feature from a drop down screen will be in-convinces. Infact the primary input of my Carputer will be touch screen only from an in-dash monitor.

Note from Support Staff: Please don't use HTML tags.
Old 13th March 2007, 22:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sys_whiz View Post
I am going to do a mod to the dash like bellow

Gurus, pls suggest if the way I am going to mod the dash is perfect or has some issues. I asked the Maruti workshop techcian about this and he told there won't be any issue.

Naveenji, I am not going to use the drop down screen. It will be little bit in-convience to use te touch screen.
the RUX the controller of the PXA is a flush mounting device I would suggest to get it installed it in some other place dont remove the HVAC controls as it will be a bit difficult to fix them some place else....

the RUX would not be needed every time as it will doing a processing only so it might be mounted some place else also...so please give it a though before going for it.....

Old 13th March 2007, 23:07   #63
Senior - BHPian

Sys, Are you planning to install any USB ports in the dash?
Old 14th March 2007, 02:25   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
the RUX the controller of the PXA is a flush mounting device I would suggest to get it installed it in some other place dont remove the HVAC controls as it will be a bit difficult to fix them some place else....

the RUX would not be needed every time as it will doing a processing only so it might be mounted some place else also...so please give it a though before going for it.....
Thank You LBM for the info. I was under impression that this device will take a full 1 din slot. I will plan in some other place. Some more planning...

This is the benifit of asking questions to Gurus . Hats up LBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Sys, Are you planning to install any USB ports in the dash?
Yes Satish....I am planning to put USB ports in dash. Two high BW USBs directly from high speed port of Port Replicator and two low BW ports from the USB hub (used to connect the VGA Monitor Touch Screen USB port).

One High Speed port will be dedicated to GPS receiver and one can be used to connect any storage device like USB HDD, Memory Stick or any Video Capture device.

One Low speed port will be dedicated for OBD Scan Device and another can be used for any other device.
Old 28th March 2007, 09:50   #65
BHPian

JBLfyed my Baleno.

After a long time I am back in HYD and Yesterday I did JBLfyed my Baleno. Wow what a great sound . I never thought the music in a car can be so sweet. Thank you Gurus for all the advice and giving direction to buy good stuffs. The config of the 1st phase of my install is as :

1. Front Comp : GTO 607C with GTO 17T Tweeter
2. Rear Oval : GTO 937
3. Amp : CS 60.4
4. Wiring Kit : Audision
5. RCA Kit : Monster
6. Y-Cable : Monster

The Next phase of my install will be to install a 301.1 Monoblock and GTO 1204BR Sub Box, this box impressed me. I was planning to go for the 12" tube(1204T), but after listening both, I felt 1204 BR is better than 1204T. The Bass is tight and punchy with the Box and the tube was more boomy, which I did not like. This is my personal experience.

Now coming to the main and Important part. I never knew being a BHPian has a big reputation and BHPian are treated differently than other customers. While discussing and finalizing the products with "SPROCKET" (Here I JBLfyed my Baleno), Aamirpet, I just told them that I am a member of Team-BHP and I know SAM. From that time I was being treated different. Without even asking them they gave me a straight 12% discount on JBL products. Thank You Gurus and special thanks to SAM Bhaiya. The Installer "Hameed" was a techy guy too. Everyone there were saying that they love to work with the customer who have good technical knowledge on Sound System(Though I am just learning from the Gurus here ). Being Hameed a good knowledgable and experienced installer, he was asking me to guide him in every step of the install starting from mounting the speakers, tweeters to Laying cables, tuinning the amp(He was thinking, being a BHPian I am too techy than him...Ha Ha Ha Ha)

I forgot to carry my camera to click the install Pics, but I captured some pics in Mobile cam of my Brother-in-law. I will upload those shortly(He does not have a Data Cable to download the pics and will buy one today)

Finally I am very happy and satisfied with my install, my JBLfyed Baleno Ha Ha Ha....

Thanks once again to the BHPians and SAM Bhaiya.

By the way I have added some more parts to my Car PC install, remaining I will buy from iRide in my coming visit to Mumbai. One of my friend is coming from US on 14th Apr. I asked him to Bring PXA-701 for me. I beleive I can start my PC install 2nd week of April. Let's see.

Thank You
--Ranjit

PS: SAM Bhaiya, I could not get some JBL Stickers from "SPROCKET" to put in my Car. Can you pls help.

Last edited by sys_whiz : 28th March 2007 at 09:52.
Old 28th March 2007, 10:04   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. Front Comp : GTO 607C with GTO 17T Tweeter.
just to clarify you bought an extra set of tweeters? the 607 component set includes a pair of tweeters.
Old 28th March 2007, 10:24   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
just to clarify you bought an extra set of tweeters? the 607 component set includes a pair of tweeters.
No Naveenji, the comp set includes this tweeter. I have not bought extra tweeters. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 28th March 2007, 10:25   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was under impression that this device will take a full 1 din slot. I will plan in some other place. Some more planning...
Re the RUX, you could do what a lot of people do; initially keep the RUX connected through a loose cable, setup your system and then remove the RUX. The H701 will continue to run as setup. This is great if you dont have the real estate to mount the RUX, plus people wont be able to screw up your settings.
Old 28th March 2007, 10:33   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Re the RUX, you could do what a lot of people do; initially keep the RUX connected through a loose cable, setup your system and then remove the RUX. The H701 will continue to run as setup. This is great if you dont have the real estate to mount the RUX, plus people wont be able to screw up your settings.
That's good idea Gunbir. I never know If we remove the RUX, the system will work. Thank You for the info.
Old 28th March 2007, 10:36   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I Agree with Gunbir Phaji....the rux controller can be removed after doing the adjustment...but removing and putting again will be a difficult job as the connecter of the rux is very delicate and need attention while handlling...
Old 28th March 2007, 10:48   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Re the RUX, you could do what a lot of people do; initially keep the RUX connected through a loose cable, setup your system and then remove the RUX..
Perfect...or hide the RUX.

There are plently of places to hide stuff. Many years ago a friend invited me to hear a rather expensive system installed in a contessa. I'ml talking Kimber cable and Tara labs wire etc in the early 90s. I kept wondeirng why with a great HU, great amps, great speakers (lets not go into the brands here) and a good install the system sounded uninspiring (clean and detailed but the soul was missing). Then the owner flipped down the dash, an area above the glove box and in that area he had installed a DSP and a 2 x stereo 12 band EQs!
Old 28th March 2007, 11:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

Sys, Congrats on the audio setup. Your speakers and amp are similar to what i have in my car. Where did you get the Audison cables? At Sprocket?

So finally Sprocket is considering discounts for tbhp members. When i dealt with them 4% was very difficult to get.

Let us plan to meet some time and check your car.
Old 28th March 2007, 11:49   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Sys, Congrats on the audio setup. Your speakers and amp are similar to what i have in my car. Where did you get the Audison cables? At Sprocket?

So finally Sprocket is considering discounts for tbhp members. When i dealt with them 4% was very difficult to get.

Thank You Satish...Yes I got Audison cables and Monster RCAs from Sporocket.

Yeh....I got more discount....Sam Bhaiya Tahnk you.

Sure we will meet sometime may be tomorrow?
Old 28th March 2007, 12:21   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Sure we will meet sometime may be tomorrow?

hmm....mini meet is on the agenda....

Congrats sys....on the new setup...dont forget to post some pics of your system progress...
Old 28th March 2007, 12:26   #75
Senior - BHPian

Our work places are very close by and so we can take half hour or so to quickly check the setup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks