Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2007, 02:56   #61
BHPian

SWG -- AWG -- mm conversion chart

Source: Themocouples - A Reference Guide

Last edited by adya33 : 13th April 2007 at 08:21.
Old 13th April 2007, 07:00   #62
BHPian

Off-Topic: Well .. When I received my RCA channel, I realized, to my disappointment, that they had accidentally sent me a 2-channel cable (of the same length) instead of a 4-channel one. So, I called them up to tell them they screwed up. The lady I spoke to apologized, asked me to keep the 2-channel cable and said she'll send across the correct cable to me asap. So, now I have an extra set of 2-channel RCA cables for no extra cost ! Yaay !
Old 13th April 2007, 17:56   #63
BHPian

- I prefer clarity/fidelity to plain loudness, although some tracks you just HAVE to blast into your ears .. still "muddy" music at any volume is a STRICT no-no.

Give importance to this while posting, because it is difficult to set up something like this.
Old 29th April 2007, 18:19   #64
BHPian

How much are the Stinger interconnects & where can one get them in India? Thanks.
Old 30th April 2007, 10:55   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
How much are the Stinger interconnects & where can one get them in India? Thanks.
Dunno about getting them in India .. I ordered them online from http://www.cardomain.com/shop when I was in the US recently.
Old 30th April 2007, 11:09   #66
BHPian

.. and since this thread has been bumped, lemme update the status of this upgrade. I've bought the Infinity 6010cs comps and the JBL 1202D sub. Only things left is the power and speaker wiring. Now, am waiting for my 4-channel RCAs and 2-3 free days to set it up myself or get it set up from a professional (am in two minds after last night's drive in shrivz' Baleno).
I'll try to post detailed pictures of the goods later.

A big thank-you shout-out to moralfibre for helping me source the stuff I mentioned above.
Old 3rd May 2007, 15:36   #67
BHPian

@etchemkay: more than the equipment, its the install that matters...
the bhagats are the best installers that I know of in Pune, and vouch for their work. I'd say, keep that Rs. 3000/- seperately for installation, its worth every penny spent. Moreover, you have to be patient, you may have to wait for a while (read months) for getting an installation date. (I waited for three months after approaching him)
Good equipment, bad install is worse than bad eqipment, good install.

cheerss!
Old 3rd May 2007, 15:50   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
@etchemkay: more than the equipment, its the install that matters...

Good equipment, bad install is worse than bad eqipment, good install.
Hmm .. After listening to your setup, I've been feeling that the DIY idea could turn out to be a disaster, considering my very VERY limited (and moralfibre's not-so-extensive) knowledge of ICE installation.
Do you recommend any other installer ? Coz I don't know if I can wait 3 months .. I can barely tolerate looking at my ICE goods lying around my room right now. If not, can you somehow influence the folks at Bhagat to at least take my car up for installation early .. even if takes a week to install, that's fine.
What do you think about the idea of me doing a DIY and then getting the setup "tweaked" from Bhagat ? That should take lesser time, I hope.
Old 3rd May 2007, 16:11   #69
Team-BHP Support

Etchemkay, for the kind of equipment you have, I feel you should go with pinging Bhagat.

I am a mad man and can wait years to hear my speakers sing . Bhagat no doubt has done a good job with Shrivz's setup. I can vouch for his quality. The question is whether he will do this install for 3k? Because he charges 3k for a basic install.
Old 3rd May 2007, 16:19   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
What do you think about the idea of me doing a DIY and then getting the setup "tweaked" from Bhagat ? That should take lesser time, I hope.
Bad idea I'd say.. cuz the wires and connections are what matter a lot. He runs in your speakers with a CD worth $210, he also performs pink noise et. checks by placing those special microphones on all listening levels with his laptop for dips and peaks, adjusts the EQ for the flattest response and then tweaks it with the ear. My EQ settings are changing as my ear evolves. Last year, my taste was different, now its different (for the better)

give me a call, we can meet him and fix up an appointment.
my number is 9890323230.

cheerss!
Old 3rd May 2007, 16:29   #71
BHPian

Quote:
He runs in your speakers with a CD worth $210, he also performs pink noise et. checks by placing those special microphones on all listening levels with his laptop for dips and peaks, adjusts the EQ for the flattest response and then tweaks it with the ear.
Phh ! So what !? I can do all that too .. .. Just kidding.
I never imagined a proper install includes so many things .. My idea of an install was wire-it-up n fire-it-up. How wrong was I?!

Quote:
give me a call, we can meet him and fix up an appointment.
Will do, boss. Call you later today. Thanks shrivz.
Old 3rd May 2007, 16:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz
He runs in your speakers with a CD worth $210

Breaking in a car speaker? What do you guys do, keep the music system in the car running overnight with a $210 CD in it? Speakers that need breaking in (mostly those that use woven cones), take hours and hours of running. Others dont need breaking in, it happens over time as you use the system. And for breaking in, any kind of disc or source with some music is ok. No need for a $210 disc really.
Old 3rd May 2007, 17:02   #73
BHPian

the CD's run for about 30min, I dont know how the break-in process takes place exactly.
He also tapes the entire wire, runs a sleeve and solders every connection

He's not only a car audio installer, but also does high end home theatre installs.

Last edited by shrivz : 3rd May 2007 at 17:05.
Old 3rd May 2007, 17:15   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Breaking in a car speaker? What do you guys do, keep the music system in the car running overnight with a $210 CD in it? Speakers that need breaking in (mostly those that use woven cones), take hours and hours of running. Others dont need breaking in, it happens over time as you use the system. And for breaking in, any kind of disc or source with some music is ok. No need for a $210 disc really.
I remember .. when I was in the market for some nice headphones, almost every (supposed) audiophile community which I visited also advocated "breaking in" the headphones overnight (at least) at 75% volume with varied kind of tracks.
And I would agree .. although I didn't break in my headphones .. they do sound richer now than they did when I first heard them.
Old 3rd May 2007, 17:44   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
I remember .. when I was in the market for some nice headphones, almost every (supposed) audiophile community which I visited also advocated "breaking in" the headphones overnight (at least) at 75% volume with varied kind of tracks.
And I would agree .. although I didn't break in my headphones .. they do sound richer now than they did when I first heard them.
I am not debating the very need for breaking in. Most speakers sound the way they should after breaking in, no doubt. I just meant to say that you dont need a $210 disc for it. And in home audio or in the case of headphones, you can leave the system playing all day with some music through it, difficult for a car setup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks