Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2007, 01:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Help with some distortion

I got this new setup done in my Baleno:

Alpine 9856 HU
JBL 60.4 Amp used for front and rear
JBL 300.1 Monoblock for the subwoofer
JBL GTO 607 (Hope I got that right, It is the 300Watt 6x9 pair)
JBL GTO 507C Components for the front
JBL CS1204B 1000W Subwoofer with JBL box
Monster wiring

The problem I am facing is weird. In fact, the guy who installed it has no clue as to why there is a slight humming sound ONLY when the engine is on. As and when I push the throttle, I can hear the reflections in the speakers (Like a slight sharp noise increasing and decreasing accordingly)

The guy said something about a condenser and tried a lot with the setup, but in vain. He finally ended up connecting the fronts to the same jacks to which the 6x9's are attached and it seemed to disappear for a while. Now it appears and disappears every now and then, agonizing me.

Can you please help? Should I go in for a complete rewiring with the existing wires?
Old 10th March 2007, 08:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice setup, Raghu. Totally JBLfied Baleno

You've got it right. The problem is with the wiring.

The humming sound is most likely alternator whine. The installer must have wired the power wires and the RCA interconnects side-by-side. This is a certain recipe for whine creeping into the music. The Power wires & RCA wires must be run along two (different) sides of the car (and not along the same side/both along center). The speaker wires must not be run with the power wires either.

If the wiring is fixed,I think the whining sound should go away. The wires as such must be ok. It is just how they are run. So no need to change the wires.

The GTO ovals must be GTO937s, I guess.

OT: You disappeared from Orkut?

EDIT: Don't forget to get the front and rear (speakers) wired back properly. And post pics of the setup please. We all love ICE pr0n.

Last edited by hydrashok : 10th March 2007 at 08:39.
Old 10th March 2007, 10:25   #3
Team-BHP Support

I would take the car to another installer and ask them to requre the car from scratch. The alernator whine can creeep in just about anywhere.
Old 10th March 2007, 12:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
The installer must have wired the power wires and the RCA interconnects side-by-side. This is a certain recipe for whine creeping into the music. The Power wires & RCA wires must be run along two (different) sides of the car (and not along the same side/both along center). The speaker wires must not be run with the power wires either.
not necessarily I dont agree.....in my every car i have wired the power rca speaker on the same side and did not got the whine in ever case......the reason could be the bad rca or the HU ground connection.....i have heard that monster fake are very much easily avalable in market....
Old 10th March 2007, 17:01   #5
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Yeah dude thats true got another friend with that setup n works fine maybe its in the K's
Old 10th March 2007, 23:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all your valuable inputs, I appreciate them.

@Hydrashok

Yes, you're right, I got the model number wrong there of the 6x9's. I will definitely post the pictures of the setup very soon! You were of great help in having this rocking setup! I owe you now!

@All

I will definitely get the guy to separate the two properly. In fact, the problem with having two amplifiers is an issue when I consider running the power and the speaker/RCA cables on different sides since I have amps underneath both seats (And I am sure there can be a way to put them separately by taking one set of RCA's and speaker wires between the seats and back to the same side - Correct me if I am wrong there )

If it doesn't work, I guess I'll use the same set of wires and get the wiring done from another fellow.

I will get back to you people about the same on Monday. Until then, have a great weekend everyone!
Old 11th March 2007, 02:07   #7
BHPian

Nice install Raghu. I am too planning to do the same replica of your setup in my Baleno (JBLfied Baleno. Huh.. ). The only difference in my setup is, I have a JVC HU (kd-dv 4204) which I am going to use in my setup. Along with this setup, I am going to use Alpine PXA-H710 as a DSP. I am also building my Car PC (in-progress and waiting for some parts to build), which will be integrated in my setup.

Please post some pics of your setup.

Got the contact info for JBL in HYD...and got a good installer too, Pls refer http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...g-stage-3.html for my frustration in getting the parts in HYD. Thanks to Satish.

Thank you...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks