Team-BHP - Steering Remote for Alpine Hu's
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Steering Remote for Alpine Hu's (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/22170-steering-remote-alpine-hus.html)

Hi,

can anyone help me with steering remote for Alpine 9857, it would be really great if I could also gather the information for the following:

1. Manufacturer of the steering remote:
2. Of course compatibilyt with Hu and also Price:
3. Where is it available.
4. Has anyone installed a Steering remote on a Alpine Hu?

This is something im really interested in too..
Any idea's guruji's ?? hehe :). Would love to get a Steering remote for my alpine 9855 as well.
Thanx in advance everyone.
Boom

I don't think there is a steering remote for Alpine HU's, atleast I've never seen one in the past 8 years. They have other remotes for their HU's but not steering mounted ones.

iraghava, yeah I did speak to some dealers bout the remote and they say that they dont have any compatible, mostly pioneer and blaupunkt.. though the HU manual says its compatible, guess will have to get that from the us.

Anywasys, on a lighter note a funny blaupunkt commercial here. I was like lol.

Pio and Blau are far nicer with remotes than Alpine. Alpine still seems stuck on guys like me (we choose an album before we start our engines and dont change tracks till we reach our destination). Today with singles outselling Albums and distribution moving to the Internet I think a good steering remote makes sense. If that feature is a consdieration Pio and Blau are your best bets.

Alpine (moves slowly on such deatures) and I would guess it would sometime in 2008-9 that they'll introduce good steering remotes again this might NOT be backward compatible.

AFAIK, there is no Alpine steering remote. They did one neat thing though. They figured most modern cars already have steering wheel controls for OE stereos. So they left a provision for your steering wheel controls to control your Alpine HU via an interface like the the SWI-ALP

If your car doesnt have steering controls, consider buying a steering wheel from the same car mfr but from a more premium car or variant that has controls. Then use the above interface to control your HU.

That's Interesting Gunbir. So If one were to get the Honda Civic 2.0S steering wheel with steering buttons from abroad, it can be used for steering controls. But the civic already has buttons for the rear passengers in the centre arm rest.

Wonder if both will work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 390204)
That's Interesting Gunbir. So If one were to get the Honda Civic 2.0S steering wheel with steering buttons from abroad, it can be used for steering controls. But the civic already has buttons for the rear passengers in the centre arm rest.

Wonder if both will work.

Yes. And the updated version of the SWI-ALP is called SWI-JACK and that lets you retain the rear passenger controls as well. Just one thing to consider when buying that steering wheel, Airbag! If your car doesnt already have one, then no issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 390199)
If your car doesnt have steering controls, consider buying a steering wheel from the same car mfr but from a more premium car or variant that has controls. Then use the above interface to control your HU.

I tried everything to convince Skoda to sell me my Octy vRS with the L&K 4 spoke steering wheel but to no avail. The Steering wheels of thse 2 models cost the same.

What a downer man,

I was being stupid, I misunderstood the steering remote compatibilty..
here what it says.

Steering Wheel Remote Control Ready. Replace the factory-installed head unit without loss of this convenient option. Select Alpine head units which are steering wheel remote control ready allow you the option to control your head unit right from your factory installed steering wheel controls using a third party adapter.

Use popular brand names such as [COLOR=#800080]Soundgate[/COLOR] or [COLOR=#800080]PAC[/COLOR] to add this feature.

If Anyone had installed a steering wheel with the audio control on a santro please let me know.

Navin, you cant just purchase the L&K steering wheel from the service center?

Thanks Gunbir for the stuff on the Alpine Steering remote. Please let me know if someone has installed a steering with audio controls on a santro ( should the make of car matter).

[quote=JPL;390921]
Navin, you cant just purchase the L&K steering wheel from the service center? [quote]

No. They dont have any and claim that they cant do the covnert either. I am hoping to come across a L&K that is trashed so that I can get the steering wheel for cheap and do the convert.