Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2007, 12:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

60K?????????? I dont think so. Is there nothing to be had in 15K?

How about if i just change the speakers and add an amp to the existing setup:

Blaunpunkt Las Vegas DVD35
Crappy Speakers
2 LCDS.

Drifter
Old 14th March 2007, 12:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Drifter

Scrap the LCDs and get yourself an AMP. You need an AMP in that "car". If you've bargained with the Dealer for the LCDs change the bargain and pick up four good speakers from his stock instead - most Tata Dealers feature a good selection of Blaupunkt speakers. Then you only need a decent amp.

Perhaps you can add a sub later, but good speakers and an AMP will give you decent enough sound since you're not the High Street Sound Blaster.

Why are you so stuck up on the LCDs? Who's going to watch DVDs - I dont think you have kids yet. If you're still stuck on the LCDs I can get you a pair that looks exactly like the VX's headrests with LCDs mounted on them - costs about Rs.8k at the chinese mall here.

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th March 2007 at 12:46.
Old 14th March 2007, 12:47   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
Is there nothing to be had in 15K?
How about if i just change the speakers and add an amp to the existing setup:

Blaunpunkt Las Vegas DVD35
Crappy Speakers
2 LCDS.
60K was for a all new setup. remove the LCD and DVD HU and you save 23K. 10K for daming and wires is something that can be added later given the budget restraints so ow the 60K budget it down to 27K.

If 15K is the absolute max just get a Pio 6100 for 7K and 2 pairs of 6" coax speakers for 8K.

Last edited by navin : 14th March 2007 at 12:48.
Old 14th March 2007, 13:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
If 15K is the absolute max just get a Pio 6100 for 7K and 2 pairs of 6" coax speakers for 8K.
Actually, the Tata Safari comes with a 6" component speaker in the front, and 6" coaxial in the rear. They are decent speakers unlike most OE speakers. The problem is that they have a cap inline with the woofers. This is a bass blocker used when the Safari used to have a 8" sub in the tailgate. But although the tailgate sub is discontinued, the bass blocker still remains. By bypassing this, the speakers can sound good.
Old 14th March 2007, 13:18   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Actually, the Tata Safari comes with a 6" component speaker in the front, and 6" coaxial in the rear. They are decent speakers unlike most OE speakers. The problem is that they have a cap inline with the woofers. This is a bass blocker used when the Safari used to have a 8" sub in the tailgate. But although the tailgate sub is discontinued, the bass blocker still remains. By bypassing this, the speakers can sound good.
If this is true then I'd spend 7K on the amp and 8K on a 12" bass bin.
Old 14th March 2007, 13:31   #21
Team-BHP Support

If budget is low, the cheapest DVD player without screen from JVC costs around 8K. So you have another 7K for rest of the stuff.
Old 14th March 2007, 13:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

@steeroid: The LCDs aren't for my non-existent kids, but for the parents.

@Bass&Trouble: Are you sure about that bass blocker? If so, that sounds like a solution to me.

Then i can add an amp to the existing setup.

Drifter
Old 14th March 2007, 14:34   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Crappy Speakers
Why do you think they're crappy? They're not great but they're not crappy either. I find that the stock system in my EX sounds good at high volumes (15-25) but since I don't like very loud music, I haven't explored further.
Old 14th March 2007, 14:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a bass blocker used when the Safari used to have a 8" sub in the tailgate. But although the tailgate sub is discontinued, the bass blocker still remains.
Is it still possible to mount a sub in the tailgate? That would save a lot of space!!!

Any idea what it was removed from there - were there any tailgate-related issues or is it just cost-cutting?
Old 14th March 2007, 14:44   #25
BANNED

The owner's manual of my Safari DiCOR still says the music system is equipped with 2 tweeters, 2 speakers in the front door and a sub-woofer in the tailgate!
Old 14th March 2007, 14:48   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Is it still possible to mount a sub in the tailgate? That would save a lot of space!!!
I dont think the tail gate can accomodate a 12" sub but you should be able to accomodate a 8" one as was done originally. Funny they have not changed the owners manual - then again they never figured this would be discussed on TBHPs ICE forum.
Old 14th March 2007, 14:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hey Steeroid,

The LCDs may be useless unless we stop the car to watch the movie / DVD.. Instead You could add a AMP and SUB to get more clarity and fidelity for your money's worth.

Try taking your parents in a friends vehicle which has the Headrest LCD setup..if they like it ..then it makes sense to install one else forget it..

Personally..i'd think the LCD headrests are crappy and have a lot more show than otherwise.
Old 14th March 2007, 18:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Bass&Trouble: Are you sure about that bass blocker? If so, that sounds like a solution to me.
I think I should be. I cannot elaborate more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

Any idea what it was removed from there - were there any tailgate-related issues or is it just cost-cutting?
The sub was removed in the first place since the tailgate rattled even with the little bass that the sub produced driven off the rear channels of a Blau HU! So, don't venture there again, unless you're getting a tailgate full of Dynamat
Old 15th March 2007, 10:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually, the Tata Safari comes with a 6" component speaker in the front, and 6" coaxial in the rear. They are decent speakers unlike most OE speakers. The problem is that they have a cap inline with the woofers. This is a bass blocker used when the Safari used to have a 8" sub in the tailgate.
And where do I look for this bass blocker?
Old 15th March 2007, 13:25   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
And where do I look for this bass blocker?
in the wire between the Hu and the speaker +ve terminal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks