Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2007, 16:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
can anyone explain how to set gains using a multimeter? or is there any other way to set the gains properly?
Rishabh, I've replied to the same post you made in the "Car Audio Advice from the gurus..." thread
Old 15th March 2007, 17:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
in the wire between the Hu and the speaker +ve terminal.
So if I've fixed new speakers without changing the OE wires (yeah you can talk about it over a few beers at the next ICE meet) then this 'bass blocker' (what is it?) still exists?

Old 15th March 2007, 18:29   #33
Team-BHP Support

nope the bass blockers are usually with the speakers generally. so there shouldn't be a problem for you.
Old 16th March 2007, 00:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi Audio Experts

I am in Bangalore for some official work and will be going back to Pune tommorow...

Out of the blue, I went to Sebastian and Sons and met Zac there for some decent speakers for my dicor...

He suggested to go for, compos in the front(6k) and coax(3.2K) in the back..

Now please suggest the following
I am looking for good sound.....i mean the clarity like when you you put of headphones (or nearly like that in the budget of 15k)

Que1 :::: Shall I go for the Blaupunk offered by dealer ( i heard that its quality is comparable to alpine) If so then what least model shall i query for from the dealer to support this configuration of speakers?

Ques2:::: What is the actual size of the speaker in the doors (5 1/4 or 6 inches) dealer said 51/4 and some mentioned in the thread 6 so i am confused

Ques3::: Is it ok to go for Blaupunk coax in the rear and boston compo in the front.

Ques4:::What amp are required if any ?

No sub as for now...

Thanks

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 16th March 2007 at 00:13.
Old 16th March 2007, 10:10   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
nope the bass blockers are usually with the speakers generally. so there shouldn't be a problem for you.
not nessacrily. the bass blocker can be anywhere in the speaker wire. It is best to check the wire to see if it still exists. I myself once installed a bass blocker at the HU end of the wire. I did not want too many wire joints in the door.
Old 16th March 2007, 10:15   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Hi
Que1 :::: Shall I go for the Blaupunk offered by dealer
Ques2:::: What is the actual size of the speaker in the doors (5 1/4 or 6 inches) dealer said 51/4 and some mentioned in the thread 6 so i am confused
Ques3::: Is it ok to go for Blaupunk coax in the rear and boston compo in the front.
Ques4:::What amp are required if any ?
a) Did you like the sound fo the Blaupunkt?
b) I think, you can install 6" with a spacer.
c) THere are no absolutes in audio. Install what sounds good.
d) An amp will offer better control over the speakers this is espicially noticeable in the midbass (the 6" speakers you are using wont produce much low bass) if your budget permits it go ahead. If your budget is fixed at 15K I'd suggest just getting a good HU for 7K and 2 pairs of coax for 8K.
Old 16th March 2007, 15:06   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Rishabh, I've replied to the same post you made in the "Car Audio Advice from the gurus..." thread
hi,

sorry hydra it was a mistake. also this post didnt show up for quite a few minutes. so i posted it there

thanks

rishabh
Old 17th March 2007, 20:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a) Did you like the sound fo the Blaupunkt?
b) I think, you can install 6" with a spacer.
c) THere are no absolutes in audio. Install what sounds good.
d) An amp will offer better control over the speakers this is espicially noticeable in the midbass (the 6" speakers you are using wont produce much low bass) if your budget permits it go ahead. If your budget is fixed at 15K I'd suggest just getting a good HU for 7K and 2 pairs of coax for 8K.
A. I used Kenwood before, but i hear that Blau is a better quality and in equla terms with Alpine ( am no expert on these matters) all i want is a clear sound and a tight bass
B. I think ill go with 5 1/4 as i dont want the speakers to be protuding as kids will poke their fingers into them

C> here is what dealer has offered
All Blaupunk

Headunits
Bahamas mp46->10,900/-
Maui/Montery -> 9750/-

Speakers
A Pair of GTX 132, CoAxials -> 1900/-
A Pair of TH 132, Components ->4250/-

Wiring - Approx 300-500.

As i dont have a good idea, but is this good setup along with the price ?
Old 20th March 2007, 12:30   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Headunits
Bahamas mp46->10,900/-
Maui/Montery -> 9750/-
Speakers
A Pair of GTX 132, CoAxials -> 1900/-
A Pair of TH 132, Components ->4250/-
Wiring - Approx 300-500.
I'd focus a bit more on the speakers and a bit less on the HUs.

Say if you are spending 15K, equal ammounts on the HU and 4 speakers.

Also consdier other brands and keep in mind that the Safari's cabin can sound bass shy without a subwoofer (cheapest sub-amp combo will cost 8K).

Last edited by navin : 20th March 2007 at 12:32.
Old 21st March 2007, 15:18   #40
BHPian

Drifter,

Sorry for Hijacking your thread. I am also planning to do some low-budget ICEing on my safari and thought it would be better to discuss it here rather than opening a new thread:

Gurus,
I am interested a basic ICE setup for Safari (12-14K). Before everyone redirects me to the sticky, here are my specific requirements:

The system should have decent mid-range performance. Good on vocals, and if possible good on Bappi Da's music from 80s.

A couple of more observations which might help the gurus in shortlisting stuff :

While listening to music at home I always keep my Onkyo amp in “direct” mode with all fanciful DSP turned off. I am ok with the bass-performance of Polk-Audio R-15 bookshelfs (though the midrange could’ve been better). The sub is *always* off. I might be deaf for lower frequencies.

I hate car-tweeters that fire on the face. Actually, I dont like too much of high frequency sound. I might be extra sensitive here

A couple of days back I heard the following configuration on a friend’s Qualis:

HU - Pioneer DEH-2950MP
Front: JBL 6x9" oval GTO-927

Rear: JBL 4" CS-2104

I noticed that the rear speakers (mounted in the luggage area) seemed out of sync with the front ones (some kinda phase delay). I think this issue might be because of the huge difference in relative distance of the front and rear speakers from the driver’s seat. (The same system sounded Ok in an Alto).

How do I avoid such a thing in the Safari. I am thinking of installing a speaker in each of the four doors. Whats the maximum size of the speakers that can be fitted on Safari’s doors? And which ones?

If possible, I would like to avoid buying an amp and a sub. So, given my constraints and likings, can the gurus suggest a HU (with decent inbuilt amp) and a good set of speakers?

Thanks,
Su-47
Old 21st March 2007, 15:45   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
[b]
I hate car-tweeters that fire on the face. Actually, I dont like too much of high frequency sound. I might be extra sensitive here
HU - Pioneer DEH-2950MP
Front: JBL 6x9" oval GTO-927
Rear: JBL 4" CS-2104

How do I avoid such a thing in the Safari.
Audio being subjective we really cant recommed specific brands but since you claim you prefer a recessed HF I would suggest you consider brands like Infinity, Alpine, etc. I dont know however which of these will fit your budget.

Your friend installed 6x9s in the front (I assume they were 937)? where? how? Did he have the tweeter level on high or low (the 937 offers the user to change tweeter level by about 3db)?

As far as the phase issues are concerned you can reduce this by getting a HU that has Time Alignment. These HUs are not the cheapest. I would guesss than they'd cost upwards of 10K.

I would consider using 6" speakers in the front and rear instead of the 6x9 and 4" combo your friend used.
Old 21st March 2007, 16:31   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Audio being subjective we really cant recommed specific brands but since you claim you prefer a recessed HF I would suggest you consider brands like Infinity, Alpine, etc. I dont know however which of these will fit your budget.
Ok lemme try Alpine and see if it is worth the extra $$$. BTW, is Sony as good as Pioneer when it comes to HUs?
Quote:
Your friend installed 6x9s in the front (I assume they were 937)? where? how?
My mistake. It has 6X9s in the back and 4" in the front.
Quote:
I would consider using 6" speakers in the front and rear instead of the 6x9 and 4" combo your friend used.
Thank you! Hope I am able to fit these on the doors.
Old 21st March 2007, 19:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

i would any day prefer a pioneer and a alpine HU against the sony.....leave the sony behind....they "its a sony" thats it end of story.....

ya one can easily fit a 6.5 inch drive in the front door easily.....
Old 18th June 2007, 22:46   #44
BHPian

Gurus, I have a similar need.

I have a Pioneer 4950 HU in my Safari with some local speakers made into a box, kept at the back. I want to change that.

Please suggest as to what I can do for a max of 8k.
4 speakers?
What size?
Which brand and model?
I need CLEAR sounding audio, thats it.
Old 18th June 2007, 23:34   #45
Senior - BHPian

plain and simple go for jbl coax in the front and 6x9 in the rear in a small box so that they can produce some thump also

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks