Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2007, 22:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

ICE Setup for Safari

Hey guys,

Never thought I'd be posting in this section, but hey here I am. Anyway, lets get to the point.

I had Sony Xplod 350W speakers in the rear and stock Hyundai 20W? speakers in front along with the Pioneer 7650? (you know the one which plays MP3s, has a blue backlight, has a silver/grey panel) in the accent. Now i was pretty much satisfied with the sound of this setup.

Now I have the Blaupunkt Las Vegas DVD35, along with the LCD screens on the safari. The speakers I'm sure are going to be low rent. Now what I want you to suggest is a good set of speakers for both the front and rear keeping in mind my earlier setup. Not much of an audiophile, just prefer clarity in the music. So fire away guys.

Drifter
Old 13th March 2007, 22:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

dude do get decent compos for the front atleast. and i would really appreciate if you can get a sub. Safari is a big vehicle.
Old 13th March 2007, 22:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Im no expert here man, suggest what all I can/should get.

Drifter
Old 13th March 2007, 22:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

ok!
compos for front and co-ax for rear ....10k
a sub ( tube or box) 6-10k
a 4 channel amp ....7k up

if you can get two amps, one for the speakers and one for the sub.
since you want Q, get a ported sub

do spend $ for nice install and RCAs
Old 13th March 2007, 23:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Any specific brands? Budget is set at 15K.

Drifter
Old 13th March 2007, 23:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
Any specific brands? Budget is set at 15K.
Then go for

Front Jbl Compos.
Rear Jbl Co-axials.
Amp Jbl 4 channel or Pioneer 4 channel.
Old 13th March 2007, 23:51   #7
BANNED

You have to get a decent amp to power your components and speakers. Because a HU can't just feed enough power for good speakers to sing a nice tune in a big car like Safari.
So, keep aside 5k for a Sony 4channel or 7k for a Pioneer 4 channel amp. I would recommend you the Pioneer one above Sony.

And buying comps for the fronts will take another 6k. Rest you can spend on rear co-axials and wiring.

Keep the Sub for later or open up/make a hole in your pocket.

Brands are better decided yourselves. If I was in your place, I would try Hertz DSK series and JBL GTO series for the given price range.
Old 14th March 2007, 10:01   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey ya drifter man,

The safari is a big car and the speakers have to work extra hard to please the boss.
Definitely an amplifier and good quality speakers, not the usual pioneer sony kenwood.
Amp can be pioneer, if the budget is tight, or even sony (Though I prefer Pioneer amps at a tight budget). Fit 4 speakers and an amp. If budget is still around, a small subwofer will do you good.
Old 14th March 2007, 11:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

What do you think about the headunit (Blaupunkt Las Vegas DVD35), not that i have much of a choice here. I want to know all the options. Now this is the same system that comes with the VX Safari.

The LCD screens are going to be installed in the headrests. Now all this is proposed (as of now) to be done at the showroom. Its a free accessory.

Tell me should i look for a complete aftermarket setup? If so, for how much, and its a requirement that the LCDs should be in the headrests only. Can that be done outside?

Drifter
Old 14th March 2007, 11:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What do you think about the headunit (Blaupunkt Las Vegas DVD35), not that i have much of a choice here. I want to know all the options. Now this is the same system that comes with the VX Safari.

The LCD screens are going to be installed in the headrests. Now all this is proposed (as of now) to be done at the showroom. Its a free accessory.

Tell me should i look for a complete aftermarket setup? If so, for how much, and its a requirement that the LCDs should be in the headrests only. Can that be done outside?

Drifter
Why don't you have a choice wrt head units? The new JVC DVD head units are good for the price, featuring aux input and USB.

Installation of the screens in the head rest at the showroom is not any different from doing it from a good accessory shop. The process is the same.
Old 14th March 2007, 11:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Do you think I should ditch the setup offered by the showroom?

How much do you think a decent setup including LCD screen, headunit, speakers, Amp and sub (if budget permits) would cost?

Also please suggest where can I have it done?

Drifter
Old 14th March 2007, 12:12   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you think I should ditch the setup offered by the showroom?

How much do you think a decent setup including LCD screen, headunit, speakers, Amp and sub (if budget permits) would cost?
Most dealer systems can be bettered given the price they (the dealers) change.

Using the JVC DVD HU that seems to be on every one's mind nowadays you can get a decent system for 30K or so.

Somewhere on this forum there is a sticky on systems from 10-30K. That stick, if you can find it, could give you some pointers.

Also some days back a Member called Raj posted his pics on a similar "car". If you can find and read that thread it might help avoid some pitfalls.
Old 14th March 2007, 12:16   #13
Team-BHP Support

JVC AVX2 costs around 17K plays DVD, DIVx, Giga MP3(mp3 burned on DVD) and has a small screen also to view videos. It also has a sub output.
Since the HU can power the speakers why is a 4 channel amp needed? Will it not be better to have an amp just for the sub and power the 2 channels(Front and rear) from the HU itself?
Old 14th March 2007, 12:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey, Navin, I've been through those threads.

The budget is more or less 15k. Im no audio enthusiast. Just want decent setup which can play dvds to keep the passengers busy.

I know in this forum, we end up spending more than we wanted to originally. But I'd like to keep this budget constant more or less.

Drifter
Old 14th March 2007, 12:30   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Since the HU can power the speakers why is a 4 channel amp needed? Will it not be better to have an amp just for the sub and power the 2 channels(Front and rear) from the HU itself?
I did not get this argument. but it does shed light on a more realistic budget than I stated earlier.

JVC DVD HU - 17K
LCD Screen from Necvox or simialr - 5K
Good 4 ch. amp - 10K
Front components - 6K
Rear Coax - 4K
Sub in box - 8K
Wires, Damping and Install - 10K
Total 60K

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks