Team-BHP - Discuss how to build a Car PC....
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Discuss how to build a Car PC.... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/22274-discuss-how-build-car-pc-4.html)

Sorry Guys, I was not in town and had very limited access to internet to check the sites.

The PSU contains mainly two major parts :

1. Power Supply
2. Startup - Shutdown Controller.

If we will go for a PSU wothout startup - shutdown controller, the cost will be cheaper. In India iRide sells the PSUs. I am not sure the authenticity of the seller, but one of BHPian already purchased some parts from them and seems authentic. Bellow are two PSUs with and without Startup and shutdown controller, taken this info from iRide.in.

SF-200 Cost is Rs. 2700

The SF-200 is a small yet powerful and fully compliant ATX power supply designed to power a wide variety of standard PCs from a single 12V power source. The SF-200 is the only cable-less mini-ITX power supply solution. Compatible with an entire range of mini-ITX motherboards as well as regular boards the SF-200 provides cool, silent power for your small system.
The SF-200 has many advantages over a regular power supply unit:
100% silent operation
Low heat dissipation with efficiency over 95%
Low RFI/RMI and low ripple noise
Plugs directly into the motherboard's power connector, eliminating the power supply cable mess
Long life (MTBF rated at > 200,000 hours)
The SF-200 has been tested with all mini-ITX board under virtually any hard disk/floppy/CDROM/video card configuration.
Additionally, the SF-200 can power P4 boards. Please note that some P4 boards require P4 12V connector.

Features:
Pentium 4 Support! SF-200 can power most P4 motherboards running up to 3.0Ghz (requires the P4-ATX cable) Add it to your shopping cart!
Compact design, minimal cables. The SF-200 is the only cableless micro-ATX DC to DC power supply compatible with an entire range of mini-ITX motherboards (as well as other board types) providing cool, silent power for your small mini-ITX board from a single 12V power source.
Reduce space. Eliminate 20 unnecessary wires by connecting directly into the motherboard ATX connector. The SF-200 12V DC to DC converter was designed from ground up to fit VIA's mini-ITX form factor, allowing case designers to save space while not compromising power requirements. Size is only 2.5" (6cm) x 2.25" (5.7cm).
Cool power. Operating at only 12V, the SF-200 DC to DC quiet power supply converter generates up to 200W of power. The SF-200 provides plenty of power for your CPU and peripherals.
100% Silent. The SF-200 mini PSU is a 100% silent DC to DC solution. No fans. No noise. Just power for your small PC.
1 Year Manufacturer's warranty
NOTE: This PSU is not meant for an automotive environment. If you want an automotive PSU, please look at the SB-80D or the SB150D

Product Specification :
Input Specifications Input Voltage 12 V DC
Input Current 18A

Output Specifications Output Voltage +3.3V +5V +12V -12V +5VSB
Output Current 6A 6A 12A 0.2A 2A
Output Regulation 2% 2% Input Voltage 10% 2%
Output Ripple 50mV 50mV 120mV 120mV 50mV
Over Voltage Protection Yes Yes Yes N/A N/A
Over Current Protection Yes Yes N/A N/A Yes

General Secifications Efficiency >95% typical
Switching Frequency 200 kHz fixed
Weight 150 grams
MTBF >120,000 hours

Operating Specifications Operating Temperature -10° to +50° C
Storage Temperature -40° to +85° C
Cooling Method Passive, Air Cooled
Relative Humidity 5% to 95% RH
Operating Altitude 10,000 feet max
Vibration 5-500Hz, 2.4G rms

Compaitability:
The SF-200 is compatible with an entire range of mini-ITX motherboards in our store (as well as other board types) such as:
VIA EPIA M 6000
EPIA M 9000
EPIA M 10000
EPIA MII 10000/12000
EPIA MS
EPIA ML

Another one is
SB-150D Cost Rs. 5570

150W DC-DC ATX Automotive Power Supply
with Integrated Startup & Shutdown Controller

The SB-150D is a DC-DC PC smart power supply specifically for ATX motherboards to be used in an automotive environment. The DC-DC power supply is designed to provide a steady 150 watt output over a variety (6-32V) of input voltages. This gives it the ability to withstand the voltage drop during an engine crank without rebooting the PC.
The SB-150D's has a built in microcontroller based Startup and Shutdown Controller, that safely monitors and controls the motherboard with smooth startup and shutdown procedures based on ignition status. Just turn on your ignition and your CarPC is ready to go. On turning OFF the ignition your CarPC can go into shut down, standby or hibernate modes automatically.
The SB-150D also prevents deep discharge situations by constantly monitors your car battery voltage levels, when in sleep mode by automatically shutting down (using its built-in shutdown controller) until the battery reaches safe levels again. The input power is protected against transients, load dumps and double battery during jumpstarts.
It also uses state-of-the-art technologies and the most advanced techniques to maximize efficiency, performance and reliability. Its ability to survive engine cranks without computer reboots, small formfactor, jumperless configuration and very competitive price makes the SB-150D the premier solution for DC-DC ATX Vehicle / CarPC power supply solutions.

Features:
150 Watt output High Efficiency DC-DC Power Supply
Built in auto shutdown
Delayed shutdown timer
Wide input voltage range
Does not Re-boot PC during engine restart/cranking
Load dump protected
Automatic shutdown at low battery voltage to protect battery
Extended operating temperature range
ATX, BTX or ITX motherboard compatible
100% Silent
Simple to Install
1 year warranty

Product Specification :
Input Specifications Input Voltage Range 6 - 32 V DC
Input Current 13A

Output Specifications Output Voltage +3.3V +5V +12V -12V +5VSB
Output Current 10A 10A 5A 0.5A 2A
Output Regulation 5% 5% 5% 10% 5%
Output Ripple 50mV 50mV 120mV 120mV 50mV
Over Voltage Protection Yes Yes Yes Yes N/A
Over Current Protection Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

General Secifications Efficiency >90% typical
Switching Frequency 200 kHz fixed
Weight 200 grams
MTBF >120,000 hours

Operating Specifications Operating Temperature -10° to +50° C
Storage Temperature -40° to +85° C
Cooling Method Passive, Air Cooled
Relative Humidity 5% to 95% RH
Operating Altitude 10,000 feet max
Vibration 5-500Hz, 2.4G rms

Compaitability:
The SB-150D is compatible with an entire range of mini-ITX motherboards in our store as well as other board types such as:
VIA EPIA M 6000
EPIA M 9000
EPIA M 10000
EPIA MII 10000/12000
EPIA MS
EPIA ML

Knock Knock ..... Some one there?

Seems very few people over here are interested to discuss about Car PC.

Hey sYS wHIZ,
I am almost thru with my car pc, will post my pics in the forum in a weeks time, right now testing all the components.
Hows your thing going on??

Quote:

Originally Posted by netarchie (Post 413108)
Hey sYS wHIZ,
I am almost thru with my car pc, will post my pics in the forum in a weeks time, right now testing all the components.

Good...Congrats man. I am too behind than you. Due to Hectic schedule in office, I am failing to go to Mumbai and collect the rest of the parts for my car pc. I am jealous now.... :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by netarchie (Post 413108)
Hey sYS wHIZ,

waiting to see the pics maan....please post them soon.

hi
i am also trying to build a car pc and i am getting all the stuff from the US and i would like gurus help in
firstly the list of thing i need to start building one

Manik please read the threads on this site as well as mp3car.com and get an idea of what you are looking for. Then list the items you want to get and someone will comment on it.

If you are looking for a shopping list then i cant help you there.

cheers.

List of things Manik need:

1. Touch Screen:
° ° ° Karputer ° ° °

2. Enclosure / Cabinet:
VoomPC-2 CarPC Enclosure

It's out of stock at mp3car but linitx have it
LinITX.com - VoomPC-2 Automotive PC Enclosure

OR manik you can just get any of this:
Mp3Car.com Custom car computers and parts! anything that suits you

No need for intel one who needs a core2duo in car lol

Rest i am looking i may find some better things..

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 416406)
List of things Manik need:

1. Touch Screen:
° ° ° Karputer ° ° °

2. Enclosure / Cabinet:
VoomPC-2 CarPC Enclosure

It's out of stock at mp3car but linitx have it
LinITX.com - VoomPC-2 Automotive PC Enclosure

OR manik you can just get any of this:
Mp3Car.com Custom car computers and parts! anything that suits you

No need for intel one who needs a core2duo in car lol

Rest i am looking i may find some better things..

Thanks abhi the links really help i am getting a fully build one may early next year will get it from the USofA in the xmas sales

and congrates on your 800th post only 800 more 2 go