Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2007, 18:59   #1
BHPian

My latest ICE Installation - NHC

Hi Guys,

After hours of browsing thru ICE section on tbhp & pouring over ICE guru gyaan by various tbhpians including some very informative gyaan that I have gathered from the gurus, I have concluded my ICE installation on my NHC for which I took the delivery on 14th march.

Now the specifics. The ICE components installed in my NHC are :

1. Pioneer HU - DEH - P59901B (3 RCA preouts,aux-in,iPod direct ctrl,3 band equaliser,organic EL display) (Quote - INR 10K)
2.Front Spkrs - JBL Component spkrs - CS2165C (quote INR 5K)
3.Rear Speakers - JBL GTO 937 (quote INR 5K)
4.Amp. - JBL CS 60.4 (quote INR 9K)
5.Sub woofer base tube - JBL 1000 (10") (quote INR 5K)
6.Raptor - RCA cables (4" gauge) (INR 1.5K)

I heard infinity & JBL GTO 937 before finalising on the latter. The damages were to the tune of INR 35.5 K and after discounts I paid INR 31.5 for the above & further INR 3.5K for the 3M film on the NHC's rear & windows.

Navin - Many thanks for the advise & ICE gyaan on various tbhp thread.
Sam - I went to Elegant,in Lajpat Ngr,Delhi for my ICE installation. Met Sachin & he was very helpful & let me listen to various components in the JBL listening zone peacefully & allowed me to make up my mind..& he gave his helpful suggestions too..Installation was excellent. Your name worked wonders & got me some discount !! I owe you more than a beer!! So whenever you are in Delhi..

The final result is amazing,music sounds awesome..I have been listening to Pearl Jam & Metallica ever since installation I had to force myself out of the car to write this piece & say thanks to you all & this wonderful forum. I have never heard music this good in my car. Please let me have your feedback on the above arrangement in my car.

Cheers
Old 17th March 2007, 23:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

nice to hear that you are one satisfied person........cool.....enjoy.........
Old 17th March 2007, 23:48   #3
BHPian

Hey LBM,

Thanks!
Do you think JBL CS 60.4 is good enough to fire front component spkrs & the subwoofer base tube?? Or I should have gone for little more powered amp?? I am also wondering if rear JBL spkrs are getting enuf power from the HU...It will be great if I can show you the set up someday & take in some feedback & advice.. This set up is new for me therefore the doubt..

By the JBL spkrs set up sounds good while listening to good old rock & alternate..was listening to Pearl Jam & went back in time..sigh :-)
Old 18th March 2007, 08:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the setup Enjoyyyyy!!!
Old 18th March 2007, 10:49   #5
BHPian

Dear Hydra,thanks! Pls do advise on what future upgrades I can do on ICE apart from the set up mentioned in my NHC.

i am extremely grateful to all you audio gurus for sharing your experience & know how with us all..enabling us to get it right with ICE.

Dear LBM - I am still awaiting to hear on above query on the set up...
Old 18th March 2007, 11:17   #6
BHPian

congrats dude
about your question expert will reply you the best way and i think if you get one amp for rear spkrs too will give you much better result you can go for jbl cs60.2
Old 18th March 2007, 13:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
The final result is amazing,music sounds awesome..I have been listening to Pearl Jam & Metallica ever since installation I had to force myself out of the car to write this piece & say thanks to you all & this wonderful forum. I have never heard music this good in my car. Please let me have your feedback on the above arrangement in my car.
Ash, you're obviously happy with the setup You should be. You have good equipment in there. And it's been installed well too, I guess.

When it sounds good to you, you really should spend time on enjoying the setup now and not start questioning yourself. Once the honeymoon period is over, as with everything else, you will yourself know if there is something lacking. Until you feel that yourself, I think you should take your wallet, lock it someplace and throw away the key. Trust me, once you start doubting your setup regardless of how good it sounds to you, that will get some really expensive ideas into you, and there will be no end to it.

And you should post pics, you bad boy.
Old 18th March 2007, 14:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Ash, you're obviously happy with the setup You should be. You have good equipment in there. And it's been installed well too, I guess.

When it sounds good to you, you really should spend time on enjoying the setup now and not start questioning yourself. Once the honeymoon period is over, as with everything else, you will yourself know if there is something lacking. Until you feel that yourself, I think you should take your wallet, lock it someplace and throw away the key. Trust me, once you start doubting your setup regardless of how good it sounds to you, that will get some really expensive ideas into you, and there will be no end to it.

And you should post pics, you bad boy.
Dear Hydra sir,

thanks for the sane advise..guess I should shut up & listen to music in the set up that I have..Only once,as you have put it succintly,"honeymoon" is over,shall I rear up & come up with ideas & seek advise..

As regard to the pics..I shall be doing it very soon..My digicam is with a friend returing only on thursday ..mobile cam no good sir..will post ipics of the setup soon for sure..thanks & rgds...Ash....
Old 18th March 2007, 14:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey LBM,

Thanks!
Do you think JBL CS 60.4 is good enough to fire front component spkrs & the subwoofer base tube?? Or I should have gone for little more powered amp?? I am also wondering if rear JBL spkrs are getting enuf power from the HU...It will be great if I can show you the set up someday & take in some feedback & advice.. This set up is new for me therefore the doubt..
Quote:
Dear LBM - I am still awaiting to hear on above query on the set up...
I think you are one satisfied ICE user.....there is no limit you can spend on ICE....so my first advice is that if you are satisfied then no need to change any thing.....leave it as it is the original.....

For meeting there is gonna be a meet in few days in delhi and around....hope to catch you there....if you come......
Old 18th March 2007, 18:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

congrats ash.! just enjoy the muuzzzikk

Quote:
For meeting there is gonna be a meet in few days in delhi and around
huh ??
Old 18th March 2007, 18:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
huh ??
ya man ....in few days time man............
Old 18th March 2007, 19:03   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Sam - I went to Elegant,in Lajpat Ngr,Delhi for my ICE installation. Met Sachin & he was very helpful & let me listen to various components in the JBL listening zone peacefully & allowed me to make up my mind..& he gave his helpful suggestions too..Installation was excellent. Your name worked wonders & got me some discount !! I owe you more than a beer!! So whenever you are in Delhi..
Dear Ash,
I had no idea you were going there, but if my name helped you get good service and a good price, well that's what I'm here for.
As is well known, in new delhi I accept bribes and thanks in the forms of Kakori and Galouti Kebabs only.

Quote:
Pearl Jam & Metallica ...I have never heard music this good in my car.
Well, boy, that's the kind of music those speakers were originally designed for, so you seem to have done very well for yourself.
What you have achieved, more importantly, is something people sometimes do NOT, even after spending lacs and lacs. Satisfaction.
Remember it's just a tool, all this ICE, to enjoy the music. That's what this is about.

Let me sing to you:

Even flow, thoughts arrive like butterflies
O he don't know, so he chases them away
Someday yet, he'll begin his life again
Life again, life again...

Now post pictures before we all get mad.
Old 19th March 2007, 10:29   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Ash thats a very nice set up you got there. I am sure your enjoying your music. No music to beat the old rock stuff.

Btw, just curious to know why you honed down on the 10" bass tube and not 12"? Also, the HU model you got is it a higher end model than 6850?
Old 19th March 2007, 10:39   #14
BHPian

Evenflow..

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your revert..My responses in bold..do let me know ur views!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Dear Ash,
I had no idea you were going there, but if my name helped you get good service and a good price, well that's what I'm here for.
As is well known, in new delhi I accept bribes and thanks in the forms of Kakori and Galouti Kebabs only.( most certainly be my guest!Kebabs & the amber liquid combi is my fav.too..I know a few good places here where Kebabs are done the best. So do let me know when you're gonna be in Delhi next!)

Well, boy, that's the kind of music those speakers were originally designed for, so you seem to have done very well for yourself.(Thank you for the affirmation..this is what I had thought it would turn out to be..).What you have achieved, more importantly, is something people sometimes do NOT, even after spending lacs and lacs. Satisfaction.
Remember it's just a tool, all this ICE, to enjoy the music. That's what this is about.(Yeah, for me my kinda music is the most important aspect..allows me to get in touch with my real self..)

Let me sing to you: ( Sam, I bow to the collective brilliance of Eddie Vedder,Gossard & to your generosity for reproducing the verse..I complete the verse below..amen)

Even flow, thoughts arrive like butterflies
O he don't know, so he chases them away
Someday yet, he'll begin his life again
Life again, life again...

whispering hands, gently lead him away
him away, him away...

Now post pictures before we all get mad.
Your wish is my command..The moment I get my digicam back,I will do the needful,pronto..
Old 19th March 2007, 11:48   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ash thats a very nice set up you got there. I am sure your enjoying your music. No music to beat the old rock stuff.

Btw, just curious to know why you honed down on the 10" bass tube and not 12"? Also, the HU model you got is it a higher end model than 6850?
Dear Mobike008,

space taken by 10" base tube in the boot is comparatively less than the one taken up by 12"..price difference is hardly Rs.1500 though..May be I'll go back to the shop & get a demo of 12 incher & see the difference..if its any marked difference than I will pay the diff. bet.10'' & 12" & get 12"!!
So thanks for the query...it got it me thinking..

As regards to my HU from Pio..it is a 2007 model & have USB port for pendrive etc & Ipod ready as well..6850 was a 2006 model,a motorised one though but there have been problems reported with this model & infact have been withdrawn (? thats wot my dealer told me).

Most Viewed