Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2020, 20:57   #31
BHPian

The manufacturer for both is same , I had confirmed before buying the same . Yes rating is on the lower side
Old 21st April 2022, 11:17   #32

Re: CarPlay2Air.com: Convert wired Apple CarPlay to wireless. EDIT: Major disappointment (page 2)

Hi All,
i have both the CPlay2Air and the Carlinkit 3.0 (both are made by the same company).

i understand the Carlinkit 3.0 is pitched as the "upgraded" version of the CPlay2Air dongle.

the CPlay2Air was bought for my wife's Hyundai Venue and the Carlinkit 3.0 for my 2022 VW Tiguan.

both of them do not work at present.

a lot of issues with initial setup, where the dongle wouldnt show up in the car audio system.
After email communication back and forth with their helpdesk, i was asked to perform multiple parameter changes, resets, upgrades and even roll backs.

finally, the Cplay2air starts to work with the Hyundai Venue, but isnt very useable due to a considerable audio lag (had to increase audio lag to even get it to work).

Pretty much the same story with the VW Tiguan and the Carlinkit 3.0 : black screen, no sound, screen lags, audio lags, - multiple emails with the company etc.

and finally they admit that "The VW Tiguan is not a supported model".

a waste of time and money in my experience.
Gazole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 18:34   #33
BHPian

Re: CarPlay2Air.com: Convert wired Apple CarPlay to wireless. EDIT: Major disappointment (page 2)

Hello BHPians - any recommendation for a cost effective USB adapter to convert wired into wireless apple Carplay for my 2023 Venue N Line. While there are lot of options available online - not sure which one is cost effective and easy to use.
Old 27th November 2023, 21:37   #34

I have a similar requirement for my 2021 A4 ( I wonder why it doesn’t have the wireless).
Have read a lot of ‘not so great reviews’ about carlinkit 3.0. Still sceptical about getting one. If there is anyone who has used and it works well would a great thing. It seems no luck so far.

Most Viewed