Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2007, 13:36   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
the problem is that

a) I am too old to follow that SMS stuff kids use nowadays
b) can imagine if everyone starts using SMS claiming some injury or handicap?

The amp can wait. I will be here for more than the next 15 days.

You can PM me SMS if you like but given my understanding of SMS I wonder if it will lead to more questions than answers! :-)
well i just asked, nevermind.
please close the thread. built my amp. help not needed anymore.

thanks

rishabh
Old 24th March 2007, 16:05   #47
BHPian

hi,

thanks for your help anyways guys.

rishabh
Old 24th March 2007, 17:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
well i just asked, nevermind.
please close the thread. built my amp. help not needed anymore.

thanks

rishabh
Quote:
hi,

thanks for your help anyways guys.

rishabh

I did not understand it man...why close the thread.....
Old 25th March 2007, 05:07   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I did not understand it man...why close the thread.....
its really off topic but i need to speak what i felt....

sir im used to typing with both hands. i just asked if i can use shorthand cause i fractured my hand day before yesterday but the mods mistook it for sms lingo. what i meant was short forms which everyone can understand an not sms lang, thats slang. and im sure if i used short hand without requesting no one would have noticed. its really a pain typing with just my index finger. but i think the mod is too old to understand short forms. and the way he replied was like i was begging for help which im not( navins post - you can pm me sms me... cant follow sms language which kids use these days it was really rude and the smile thing wouldnt help)
before posting this thread i pmed navin and he said not to do it as this way no one can participate. im really confused, now he says pm me or sms me. and if i cant use short hand then why the mods use it(pm well its personal message, sms it short messaging service, amp amplifier, sub subwoofer and what not. its not an attack on any one just my opinion. why dont they ban the short hand completely?

you can understand what i went through. and to top it off navin said my amp can wait for 15 days and he;s here for more than the next 15 days.

my amp wont wait for anyone. ive built a 5000 watts rms amp and im happy with it.

thanks
rishabh
Old 25th March 2007, 06:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sir im used to typing with both hands. i just asked if i can use shorthand cause i fractured my hand day before yesterday but the mods mistook it for sms lingo. what i meant was short forms which everyone can understand an not sms lang, thats slang. and im sure if i used short hand without requesting no one would have noticed. its really a pain typing with just my index finger. but i think the mod is too old to understand short forms. and the way he replied was like i was begging for help which im not( navins post - you can pm me sms me... cant follow sms language which kids use these days it was really rude and the smile thing wouldnt help)
Rishabh - Let me make something very clear to you once & for all. Navin is in his 50's & has a genuine issue reading sms langauge, hell I'm in my 20's & even though I can read it well, as a student of English language I still hate it. We understand your problem but please can you imagine what chaos would rule the forum if we allowed sms language & slang? And please do not assume that your short forms are readable for everyone, language today is much more complicated than that.

To imply that Navin degraded you in his reply is taking things a bit too far. His reply might have offended you but let me assure you personally, he certainly did not mean it in that way. He's the last person on the whole forum whose going to write an offending or derogratory reply to anybody.

And if you think the ICE mod is too old to understand short forms then YES you're right, he is too old for all this crap. And as for him referring to us as kids, believe me he's yours & mine father's age so he can comment the way he does about the kids these days & I wouldn't say he's wrong.

So please don'e moan about this.

Quote:
why dont they ban the short hand completely?
It is actually banned completely alongwith slang.

Quote:
you can understand what i went through. and to top it off navin said my amp can wait for 15 days and he;s here for more than the next 15 days.
And what exactly was wrong there?

Quote:
my amp wont wait for anyone. ive built a 5000 watts rms amp and im happy with it.
Well that is simply fantastic!! Why don't you share the build of your amp with us? I'm sure it'll be a great learning experience for all of us.

And let me clarify something for you here Clip, this is not a self-interest forum by any means. If somebody on the forum chooses to help you it is out of their spirit to educate other people and the goodness of their heart or their Love of the subject. They don't earn anything from here nor do they expect anything. So please keep your aspirations from a public forum balanced next time around.

If you think you're coming to a place where other members are duty bound or obliged to reply to your questions then I'm sorry you're wrong. This is a give & take scenario Clip, the more you give knowledge to other people the more you gain. Nobody (and this includes you) is under ANY obligation to share ANY information of ANY kind on the forum.
Old 25th March 2007, 12:22   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Rishabh - Let me make something very clear to you once & for all. Navin is in his 50's & has a genuine issue reading sms langauge, hell I'm in my 20's & even though I can read it well, as a student of English language I still hate it. We understand your problem but please can you imagine what chaos would rule the forum if we allowed sms language & slang? And please do not assume that your short forms are readable for everyone, language today is much more complicated than that.

To imply that Navin degraded you in his reply is taking things a bit too far. His reply might have offended you but let me assure you personally, he certainly did not mean it in that way. He's the last person on the whole forum whose going to write an offending or derogratory reply to anybody.

And if you think the ICE mod is too old to understand short forms then YES you're right, he is too old for all this crap. And as for him referring to us as kids, believe me he's yours & mine father's age so he can comment the way he does about the kids these days & I wouldn't say he's wrong.

So please don'e moan about this.

It is actually banned completely alongwith slang.

And what exactly was wrong there?

Well that is simply fantastic!! Why don't you share the build of your amp with us? I'm sure it'll be a great learning experience for all of us.

And let me clarify something for you here Clip, this is not a self-interest forum by any means. If somebody on the forum chooses to help you it is out of their spirit to educate other people and the goodness of their heart or their Love of the subject. They don't earn anything from here nor do they expect anything. So please keep your aspirations from a public forum balanced next time around.

If you think you're coming to a place where other members are duty bound or obliged to reply to your questions then I'm sorry you're wrong. This is a give & take scenario Clip, the more you give knowledge to other people the more you gain. Nobody (and this includes you) is under ANY obligation to share ANY information of ANY kind on the forum.
hi,

i understand he has problems WITH SMS LINGO, well i dont know him that much.

well i think im wrong here. i should have voiced my concern directly to him.
its my fault and i apologize.

thanks
Old 25th March 2007, 12:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
navins post - you can pm me sms me... cant follow sms language which kids use these days it was really rude and the smile thing wouldnt help

I agree with Ishan

Navin Ji is one of the nicest person on this forum....he is never biased or any thing like that....He saying the SMS lingo is banned because here all ages people come and some are old also which make them hard to understand what is written...even i sometimes could not understand when I get some SMS on my cell in that format ......so clip chill man....if you have problem in hand wait for a few day till it gets normal and you can type and solder easily....

hmmm I am seeing a 5000 watts rms amp......hmm interesting.....what are you up to are you going to become a LOW_BASS_MAKKER.....with that amount of power you would be needing atlest 3-4 battery , high output alternater, 0-gauge wiring, few subs (I would consider 3-4 pcs) to get the full efficency of the the amp.....care to share the amp specs.....
Old 25th March 2007, 13:22   #53
Senior - BHPian

clipto, I think you misread Navin's intentions/meaning. As a mod he cannot allow SMS language on the forums. But he was volunteering to help you out if you wanted to PM him in SMS language. In other words, you could PM him in SMS language -- and he volunteered to try and understand what was written and reply to you.

Navin would be the last person to make a personal attack on anyone directly or in a veiled manner. Everybody here knows that. And he has a soft spot for all DIYers and so believe me, you were getting special attention from him.

I'm also in my (very late) 20's and seeing SMS language used where it is totally unnecessary makes my skin crawl. I publish books on the English language and I just cant stand to see the language butchered so. I wholeheartedly support TBHPs policy on SMS language.

And about the shorthand/short forms you used as examples (pm for personal message, sms for short messaging service, amp for amplifier, sub for subwoofer), these are things that we speak of here quite frequently and these are not unaccepted ways of referring to these things. Everybody understands what exactly is being spoken about when these terms are used. And nobody feels that using these words/shortforms would consist of a disrespectful/irritating way of speaking to one another.

The kind of language that is not accepted here is the kind of juvenile compression of language used by well... juveniles, like l8r for later, 2dy for today, neway for anyway etc. Using accepted technical shortforms (of the kind you will find in the glossary thread) is quite acceptable here.

I'm saying this not to tick you off or flame you, but just to clear up any misunderstanding that you may have had about Navin's post. I'm sure Iraghava's and LBM's post were meant in the same way. We're all friends here, and when we communicate through these typed words, the spirit/tone/warmth meant by the person posting these words may not always get through to the person the words are intended for.

I'm sure it was all a misunderstanding, so chill, Buddy Enjoy your monster amp. And do post snaps for normal folks like me, and specs and stuff for the more tech folks here.
Old 25th March 2007, 15:32   #54
BHPian

hi hydra,lbm,

well know that sms lingo is not acceptable here. even i hate sms lingo. anyways chill brothers, my fault.

you know its really frustrating to type with an index finger. i love tbhp. and i respect and love you guys. please dont take me wrong.

i apologize navinji. was really in bad mood last night my hand was hurting like crazy.

you people didnt even ask how it was. :-((
this is the worst day of my life...now i have high fever

thanks
rishabh

Last edited by clipto333 : 25th March 2007 at 15:41.
Old 25th March 2007, 17:56   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333
you people didnt even ask how it was. :-((
this is the worst day of my life...now i have high fever
People got to know very late about your problem and the reason for short typing.

I do feel your pain because I had been through the same.

Do not strain yourself. Take rest and get well soon.
Old 25th March 2007, 18:14   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
People got to know very late about your problem and the reason for short typing.

I do feel your pain because I had been through the same.

Do not strain yourself. Take rest and get well soon.
hi rudra,

thanks alot for your kind words. im resting.

thanks

rishabh
Old 25th March 2007, 18:30   #57
Senior - BHPian

Alls well that ends well

Clipto333, sorry to hear about your injury, rest it and use your time well!

On a better note, good work with the DIY. Its prompting me to try my hand at somethign similar. Except that in my case I dont need to build an amplifier from scratch. The issue is that the amp gets hot very fast and the issue is not with wiring etc. Im looking at maybe putting in higher value capacitors and rectifying diodes. I know basically nothing about electronics but Im slowly learning and practising my soldering

Do post pictures of your DIY when time permits!

Last edited by s0uljah : 25th March 2007 at 18:42.
Old 25th March 2007, 20:17   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Alls well that ends well

Clipto333, sorry to hear about your injury, rest it and use your time well!

On a better note, good work with the DIY. Its prompting me to try my hand at somethign similar. Except that in my case I dont need to build an amplifier from scratch. The issue is that the amp gets hot very fast and the issue is not with wiring etc. Im looking at maybe putting in higher value capacitors and rectifying diodes. I know basically nothing about electronics but Im slowly learning and practising my soldering

Do post pictures of your DIY when time permits!
hey souljah,

thanks alot, the 5000 rms amp was a joke but im currenty trying to test build an amp that will be capable of 50 w rms per channel. really sorry if you thought that i built a 5000w amp.

i apologize to all again.

cheers

rishabh

hey do share the work with us. even i dont know much about electronics. i bought a couple of books of electronics and op amps also basics of sound engineerings .
Old 25th March 2007, 21:08   #59
Team-BHP Support

hey clipto, how did you break your finger. hope you get well soon.

till then you can always get ideas for the amp build. how many channels are you looking for.
Old 25th March 2007, 21:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey souljah,
even i dont know much about electronics. i bought a couple of books of electronics and op amps also basics of sound engineerings .
Thats good man, I will PM you to find out about the books.

Im looking at changing to :

*a higher voltage cap with a low esr rating.
*rectifying diodes to a higher current rating, which hopefully sorts out the heat issue.
*mosfets in power supply to a higher current rating
*transistors with a higher current rating (keeping the voltage rating the same)

Also I need to check if the opamps are KIA parts and that way I can check on some part numbers online

Some of the above I came up reading the DIY audio forums.. some inputs came from a friend.

Most Viewed