Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2007, 19:56   #16
BANNED

I thought the same too. A bandpass requires less power.
Please correct me if wrong.

Bass tube is one of the cheapest boom one can buy. Jbl makes some good ones. Their build quality has dropped a bit (why so? Sam!) but still better than others available in the market. It is better to stay away from Boss kinda brands as some Bhpian experienced here.
Old 21st March 2007, 23:09   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I thought the same too. A bandpass requires less power.
Please correct me if wrong.

Bass tube is one of the cheapest boom one can buy. Jbl makes some good ones. Their build quality has dropped a bit (why so? Sam!) but still better than others available in the market. It is better to stay away from Boss kinda brands as some Bhpian experienced here.
My bad. I meant to say, band pass can handle lots of power.

Build quality has dropped a bit from what? JBL used to make a very popular bass tube, until last year, the same bass tube was reinforced with a better quality subwoofer, but at the same price.
Apart from that there were a few internal upgrades, esp in the material used to make the tube.
All of that was done at the same price, making it probably the highest sold passive bass tube in the world today.
Apart from that, a lower priced, smaller (10") bass tube was also introduced recently.
Prior to that, there was no passive bass tube in the JBL stable. So when you say that the build quality has dropped a bit.. thats a bit vague, zak. Compared to what?

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 21st March 2007 at 23:11.
Old 21st March 2007, 23:41   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
My bad. I meant to say, band pass can handle lots of power.
Understood t
Quote:
Build quality has dropped a bit from what? JBL used to make a very popular bass tube, .................................................. ..............................
.................................................S o when you say that the build quality has dropped a bit.. thats a bit vague, zak. Compared to what?
Seriously, Many of my friends who bought these complained about the wood quality of the tube. After hearing the same from different mouths, I decided to give a dekho!!
And I found that Before it used to be more stronger and was ok with some accidental splashes of water etc.... Now, it seems to be flaking off a bit too easier. Please look into it.
I find the older ones ( about a year ago.. Dec 05 or Jan 06) to be more solid maal. Maybe the R&D paid too much attention on the sub part and forgot about the enclosure while improving it!!

Hey, Please don't take it personally or of any offence. Just typing out what I found. Maybe it is just 'IT'S ALL IN THE MIND' kind or just an odd case or two.

Still JBL is the only VFM bass tube out there. And it offers better quality than most others. Others, I don't have to mention; some crumbles like paper cardboard while some blows up when a good pothole comes thru the rear shocks!!

Last edited by speedzak : 21st March 2007 at 23:49.
Old 22nd March 2007, 12:20   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
4) Bandpass Box - SPL types, needs lots of power
5) Dual Sub Bandpass box - see 4,
Are these 4th order or 6th order? The 4th ordre BPs have less over hang.

alternately you can cross over to the DIY side and build your own sub. Then you have many more options. TL, Horn (I had heard a system which had these horn mids built into the dash), AP, and more (someone please tell me they have managed a Ml-TL in the car).
Old 22nd March 2007, 16:34   #20
BHPian

hi all

thanks a lot for the information,my budget is ofcourse not too much ill try to save as much as i can but surely want something sounding good. and i hate that booming sound, its so irritating... may be one can withstand that for 5 minutes but after that it kills the mood man. can u guys suggest me the right sub woorfers under say 10k.but not the boomy ones, I have this logitech hometheatre kit which costed me 23k,but the sound quality of the sub is awesome its not boomy atol but it shakes you,though its a 10'' drive but really a kickass product,Iam looking fr such sound now so no boomy subs.

plz help me with the right brands .

Karan
Old 23rd March 2007, 10:09   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider77 View Post
...suggest me the right sub woorfers under say 10k..
10K for amp and sub or sub alone?
Old 23rd March 2007, 23:00   #22
BHPian

hi navin
10 to 15k for both amp and sub.(not more than 15k.thats the max. i can go for)..
Old 23rd March 2007, 23:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi navin
10 to 15k for both amp and sub.(not more than 15k.thats the max. i can go for)..
get JBL sub put it in a sealed box.....and get a pioneer 6100 amp or equal and enjoy......
Old 24th March 2007, 10:57   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hi navin

15K....hmm lets assume you get a woofer for 8K and spend 7K on the amp. The only decent amp that comes in at 7K is the Pio 6100. It is a 4 ch amp so you can use the remaining 2 channels to power your front speakers.
Old 24th March 2007, 12:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

but if you can adjust your budget a bit more than you can go for a JBL amp also.....
Old 25th March 2007, 23:06   #26
BHPian

hi i went to a shop at indiranagar ,and the guy told me to go for two amps one mono block and one 2channel, as i liked the pioneer with some dual coil mounting sub . My doubt here is if i go for a 4 channel amp, wont that be enough to drive the sub and front and rear speakers . even when i go fr a polk momo sub he suggested this and i am not sure that why would i need two amps..
and how r these pioneer subs .the one i checked with him was10'' it was very heavy , the other which he suggested was blaupunkt just to cut my cost..
Old 26th March 2007, 11:27   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hi i went to a shop at indiranagar ,and the guy told me to go for two amps one mono block and one 2channel, as i liked the pioneer with some dual coil mounting sub . My doubt here is if i go for a 4 channel amp, wont that be enough to drive the sub and front and rear speakers . even when i go fr a polk momo sub he suggested this and i am not sure that why would i need two amps..
and how r these pioneer subs .the one i checked with him was10'' it was very heavy , the other which he suggested was blaupunkt just to cut my cost..
A 4-Channel amp can be used to drive only 2 things ( Front Comps & Rear Speakers) OR ( Front Comps & SVC Subwoofer)

Or, a 4 channel amp can be dedicated to a dual coil sub-woofer

Best bet would be to power the rear speakers with HU and decide on a 4 channel amp to power the remaining ( front comps and SVC subwoofer)
Old 26th March 2007, 11:36   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hi i went to a shop at indiranagar ,and the guy told me to go for two amps one mono block ..
decent monoblocks start at 10K. Pio D510 and JBL 300.1 are about the cheapest you can get. The JBL comes with a Bill and Warranty the Pio does not.

But at 10K for the amp there is not much left for the speaker. If your budget could be extended to 18K you could get a good sub for 8K and mate that to the monoblock. That would be far nicer than using a bridged Pio 6100.

Then you could use your HU for the other 4 speakers tilly ou can afford a good 4 ch. amp. Pio 6100 will cost you 7K without Bill and Wattany, JBL's 60.4 will cost you 10K with. Other commonly known options are more expensive.

Last edited by navin : 26th March 2007 at 11:37.
Old 26th March 2007, 16:35   #29
BHPian

thanks Navin and mobike008
the pioneer dual coil sub ..he offered it to me for 4k without bill, and the blaupunkt with enclosure was fr 4.5k .pionner was 10" and the blaupunkt was 12".which one i should go for?,
and the suggestion given by mobike008 to use the HUamp to power the rear and 4ch fr sub will it do the justice. with this optin i save around 4k which he is charging for 2ch. amp.and ya my rear speakers are pioneer 2150 they r heavy too.plz. suggest

karan
Old 29th March 2007, 09:53   #30
BHPian

plz suggest me which ones better pio10" dual coil or blaupunk 12",

I will have to get it installed on this saturday

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks