Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Old 23rd September 2021, 12:24   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Review: Sony XAV-AX7000 Head Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranavk11 View Post
1. Is damping absolutely necessary?
2. How and where to install the subwoofer gainer knob for snug and aesthetic fit?
3. How to properly install the HU for fully functional steering mounted controls?
4. Can I install the USB extension to the default pre-existing USB outlet in Suzuki Ciaz 2019 DDiS 225 Delta variant? If so, how?
5. I have purchased a Blaupunkt 4AWG Amp wiring kit to install the subwoofer. Will that work fine, or is it quite thick for a 75RMS Sub?
6. I have purchased a Blaupunkt DH04 Reverse parking camera, need to know the performance and longevity of the same.
1. Damping may to wonders to the overall NVH levels of your vehicle even when you're not using the audio system. It reduces road noise, rattles and vibrations and increases mid-bass and vocals if done correctly. For the best results you should damp all the doors, rear quarter panels, boot, parcel tray, floor and roof. But if you're on a budget, you can do it in stages. Audio upgrades are best when done in stages, noticing the improvement from each job done.

2. The subwoofer knob may be installed in a place where it is not visible to others, but at the same time its accessible to you without taking your eyes off the road. This varies from each car model to model and there is no one location that fits all. However look for easy to attach spots around the right side of the steering wheel.

3. For aftermarket headhunts, there needs to be a controller with a harness whose one side plugs into the stock harness of the vehicle and other side looks like an audio jack and plugs into the headhunt. Its called steering wheel control harness and it is also available commonly across car audio install shops.

4. Yes, it is very easy to connect a pre-existing USB slot to an aftermarket stereo, you'd need a proprietary to USB harness, it is specific for Suzuki models and can easily be found in an audio store.

5. That's quite funny you know. A 75 RMS sub needs nowhere close to a 4AWG wiring kit. Try 10 gauge and you'd still be exceeding. My 1000W RMS mono amp requires a 4AWG.

6. Blaupunkt parking camera in itself is quite vague. There are many different models available from that brand so read reviews about your exact model, only someone who has used it may accurately comment on its quality. However, you shouldn't go wrong with Blaupunkt in quality and reliability.

I have answered these questions to the best of my ability, but I'm in no way an expert. But I hope it helped you even if just a little bit.
city2491 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 01:17   #47

Thank you so much, installed everything. Damping had made my ciaz heavier and feels sturdy. Sony XAV AX7000 sound quality is amazing, I am still figuring out my sound, but the main purpose for which I bought sony XAV AX7000 is for 100W output to eliminate the use of separate amplifier, works fine. But Android Auto is driving me crazy with this stereo. Have used different cables, tried connecting directly to the unit (not connecting extension which came with the stereo), used 3.0 Ugreen 1metre extension cable. I use realme X2 Pro phone and my dad uses Mi 10, the cable that came with realme works fine for me. But my dad's phone keeps disconnecting or not working properly, i tried the Mi cable that comes with the phone (Mi 10), but still no hope.

Any solution/advise?

P.S I have installed the sub volume knob below the handbrake where both driver and passenger can access, its really good. But still I'm finding and tuning every day for my liking.
Old 28th September 2021, 10:23   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranavk11 View Post
But Android Auto is driving me crazy with this stereo. Have used different cables, tried connecting directly to the unit (not connecting extension which came with the stereo), used 3.0 Ugreen 1metre extension cable. I use realme X2 Pro phone and my dad uses Mi 10, the cable that came with realme works fine for me. But my dad's phone keeps disconnecting or not working properly, i tried the Mi cable that comes with the phone (Mi 10), but still no hope.
I think the issue is with the phone and not the cable. I face same issue with my Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 with XAV AX5000. Whereas Android Auto works fine with my father's Nokia 6.1 .

Most Viewed