Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2022, 22:04   #61

Re: Review: Sony XAV-AX7000 Head Unit

I have a query on the screen auto dimming functionality. Does the screen automatically reduce the brightness when the headlights are switched on. It's installed on a Volkswagen Vento and the functionality isn't working. The canbus interface is connected as required and the unit switches off when the keys are removed. The steering buttons work properly. Just the auto dimming doesn't work. The setting menu in the headunit is kept selected as auto. But still no luck.
Old 9th August 2022, 17:12   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranayy View Post
The setting menu in the headunit is kept selected as auto. But still no luck.
You will need to find a lead from the car that only gets 12v signal when the lights are turned on which is then connected to the orange/white wire on the Sony!
lxskllr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 18:04   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
You will need to find a lead from the car that only gets 12v signal when the lights are turned on which is then connected to the orange/white wire on the Sony!
Thank you so much for sharing this information.
pranayy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 09:15   #64

Sony XAV AX5500 vs 7000 vs 8000 on Honda City

Hello bhpians,

Looking to upgrade the ICE on my Honda City 2017.
I have decided on the Sony products , but I will really need some suggestions on which model to buy.

Requirements in order of need:

1. Compatibility, obviously
2. Clean interface with lag free scrolling
3. Steering controls
4. Sound quality
5. Size

On point 1., are these all compatible with my vehicle? I am not very familiar with single Din vs Double Din setups.I do not want to get into a situation of buying an incompatible unit.

With all the parameters considered , I need some solid advice before taking the plunge.

Thanks in advance!
Old 2nd April 2023, 09:45   #65
BHPian

Re: Sony XAV AX5500 vs 7000 vs 8000 on Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Schumacher View Post
Requirements in order of need:
1. Compatibility, obviously
2. Clean interface with lag free scrolling
3. Steering controls
4. Sound quality
5. Size
A Sony or Pioneer head unit will meet all your requirements. You can select the HU based on your budget. Check with the installer before purchase on the availability of a suitable fascia for the HU. That should take care of the Single Din or Double Din dilemma. Also check with them for suitable harness for the HU.

I am using a Sony XAV-5000 in my Honda Jazz.
Zen Av8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:19   #66

Re: Sony XAV AX5500 vs 7000 vs 8000 on Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Av8r View Post
A Sony or Pioneer head unit will meet all your requirements. You can select the HU based on your budget. Check with the installer before purchase on the availability of a suitable fascia for the HU. That should take care of the Single Din or Double Din dilemma. Also check with them for suitable harness for the HU.

I am using a Sony XAV-5000 in my Honda Jazz.
Thanks
I have bought and installed the 5500

Reason: 8000 , though big , has clear resistive touchscreen. I guessed it would be less responsive than capacitive

I was tempted by the 7000 sound quality but decided against it in the end since there was a 8-9k difference in price. 5500 emerged as a happy medium.
Old 8th April 2023, 21:48   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by city2491 View Post

This might be due to the input gain settings. Go to Bluetooth and check input level, then reset it to 0. Also ensure that while using Bluetooth, the volume is full on the iPhone and adjusted only from the HU.
Hey,
Could you share details of the USB adapter you used to retain the stock USB/AUX locations?

Upgrading the mapymyindia/alpine HU in my car.
Old 11th April 2023, 11:22   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Hey,
Could you share details of the USB adapter you used to retain the stock USB/AUX locations?

Upgrading the mapymyindia/alpine HU in my car.
Mine being the VX(O) variant, came with factory fitted touch screen AVN which was underwhelming to say the least. It didn't come with USB/AUX on the console, but instead in the glovebox, so I had the part just below the 12V socket cut and fit my own USB port there. It looks just like it came from the factory.
Old 18th April 2023, 20:13   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by city2491 View Post
Mine being the VX(O) variant, came with factory fitted touch screen AVN which was underwhelming to say the least. It didn't come with USB/AUX on the console, but instead in the glovebox, so I had the part just below the 12V socket cut and fit my own USB port there. It looks just like it came from the factory.
Yeah , mine's the VX(O) too. But as a dealer option.

I have the aux, usb and iPod connector in the glove box.
The usb and aux ports in front of the gearstick are dummies.

can you share a pic of your USB port? I'll share a pic of mine in the morning.
You can have a look and tell me if your method will work.

Also,
I'm planning to add a front cam to the car.
Can you share details of the switcher you have in your ride.
Does it fit into the blanks that are there next to the headlight leveller.

Quote:
which was underwhelming to say the least
The UI and features aren't great. I almost hate it.

But I love the sound quality on the theatre EQ.
It's much more fun than my Storme which has amplified polk components and a Pioneer sub.

It's got solid amplification on board. The AVN is actually manufactured by alpine and they did a good job on the electronics department.
That is actually my main worry. I am not sure how good the on board amp for the aftermarket head units will be.

Also love the Speed log feature. Can prove I wasn't speeding when accused in an accident.

Last edited by viXit : 18th April 2023 at 20:33.
Old 5th September 2023, 23:42   #70

Android auto was getting disconnected very frequently in my one year old Sony XAV7000. I thought it is problem with my mobile but Android auto was working flawlessly with our another vehicle. Also i checked with other mobiles in family and results were same. It was very annoying as maps disrupting frequently and songs getting stopped. With all the frustration, i googled the problem and obvious solution was replacing cable with original one supplied with the phone. But it didn't work. Softwares were up to date. Second option i could have tried was to visit the service centre but i aborted the plan and stick to the DIY mode. I tried to figure out basics behind the android auto cable coming out from inside the stereo. And it got very easy after i found this picture. It is simply a plug and play usb male - female cable. Review: Sony XAV-AX7000 Head Unit-photo_20230905-23.34.55.jpeg

I opened up the stereo by myself and replaced this culprit cable (in red circle) with original mobile cable (in green circle). Now Android auto worked flawless.
Review: Sony XAV-AX7000 Head Unit-photo_20230905-23.34.59.jpeg

Although it's working, still i am considering to replace this cable originally.
Review: Sony XAV-AX7000 Head Unit-photo_20230905-23.35.02.jpeg
winterfell is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks