Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2007, 22:36   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
You can go for alpine 602(fake alpine) Will cost you 3 to 4K.
Actually, from what I can tell from browsing around (even I'm pretty new to ICE and t-bhp) is that whenever you mention fakes, you do that with a disclaimer that it's not a very bright thing to do and is strongly not recommended with those three words 'strongly not recommended' being formatted bold to emphasise that fact. Then leave it to the guy who's making the decision.

Quote:
People dont even know that they have a fake amp or speaker in their cars.(At one time i didnt).
Ah, that has the makings of a lot of "me too" posts.
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Dont Pioneer Systems come with something called "Direct Sub Drive". I think these Units can handle the power for the subs without having an amplifier. Not sure though. COuld someone put in some light here?
Old 2nd April 2007, 11:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Dont Pioneer Systems come with something called "Direct Sub Drive". I think these Units can handle the power for the subs without having an amplifier. Not sure though. COuld someone put in some light here?
Ya they have direct sub drive...I dont think it will have such power to drive the sub to its full capacity...and would consider it as a marketing stuff more....

for driving the sub I would consider a dedicated amp for it......
Old 2nd April 2007, 12:20   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
It depends what they define as a "subwoofer". Some time back we had psoted about a Panasoinc HU that claimed to deliver 60W rms per channel via Digital amps. Let just say if this HU had delivered what it promised all other HUs would have embraced the technology.
Old 2nd April 2007, 12:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankre View Post
Hi all!
I have got an Pioneer DEH-2990MP Head Unit and 4 Sony Xplod speakers installed in my new Santro Xing.
Actually i asked my dealer to install Blaupunkt speakers,but i guess he forgot
Those speakers are installed in the default space that is provided in the santro(2 front and 2 rear).
Now the problem is even though the audio clarity is satisfactory,it lacks BASS and punch.It sounds like a cheap 1000 bucks Mp3 player. I have tried all the settings but still i was not able to increase BASS.
So,i decided to go for an sub woofer.And one more foolish question is is amplifier compulsory to use an sub woofer?()
Iam asking that because i want the cheapest way to increase the BASS.
I cannot exceed budget of Rs.3500.Because i have spent hell lot of money for my car.
Now please suggest me a cheapest way to increase BASS which is suitable to my Head Unit.
What you could do is put your existing speakers in a MDF box of say 4"x4" and keep it at the rear..the box will not cost you anyting more than 1000 bucks..and if done right..[tightly packed] will sound a good lot better than the stock mounting on the santro..You WILL NOT NEED AN AMP for this..
Old 2nd April 2007, 12:49   #21

^^Should i keep all the four speakers in a box or only the rear ones?And where will i get the MDF box?
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
What you could do is put your existing speakers in a MDF box of say 4"x4" and keep it at the rear..the box will not cost you anyting more than 1000 bucks..and if done right..[tightly packed] will sound a good lot better than the stock mounting on the santro..You WILL NOT NEED AN AMP for this..
ya putting 6x9 in boxes will improve the bass factor very much....to install them you can go to a good installer in your city he must be having readymade enclousre for oval many times.....
Old 2nd April 2007, 15:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Strictly under 3.5k, you can get a used powered basstube. The Chinese ones (not made in China, they all are; but designed in China) such as Moosaka, Chimonsu, Makkara and whatever cost 5k new, so should be 3k if pulled out.

Pioneer's direct sub is not a bottom pit idea. It is better than the normal settings (given his requirement). But his model may not have it. If it does, try that out first. Then try the tube idea, but saving a bit 6-8k and getting it done well will be better than wasting the money on a tube.
Old 2nd April 2007, 16:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Strictly under 3.5k, you can get a used powered basstube. The Chinese ones (not made in China, they all are; but designed in China) such as Moosaka, Chimonsu, Makkara and whatever cost 5k new, so should be 3k if pulled out.

Pioneer's direct sub is not a bottom pit idea. It is better than the normal settings (given his requirement). But his model may not have it. If it does, try that out first. Then try the tube idea, but saving a bit 6-8k and getting it done well will be better than wasting the money on a tube.
I would personally say stay away from these chinese stuff....they sure would boom alot but it will be a boom only...not music.....

I think the oval is a best option for this budget.....
Old 2nd April 2007, 16:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

get a used sony 222 and go for a local 12" sub. it'll give what you are looking for.
Old 2nd April 2007, 18:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
get a used sony 222 and go for a local 12" sub. it'll give what you are looking for.
panky ....local sub...now which brand it this one....I would say if one has to put some sub put a pioneer one atleast....as they are way better than the local one.....
Old 2nd April 2007, 19:24   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Moosaka, Chimonsu, Makkara
I think we should have a naming competition sometime.
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
panky ....local sub...now which brand it this one....I would say if one has to put some sub put a pioneer one atleast....as they are way better than the local one.....
LBM bro, sony 222 cant handle a pio 12".. the amp cant supply the required minimum power. thats why i suggested a local car accessory wala "boofer" for that "dhik chik dhik chik." trust me this combo wd rock!

Last edited by panky12345 : 3rd April 2007 at 12:07.
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
ya putting 6x9 in boxes will improve the bass factor very much....to install them you can go to a good installer in your city he must be having readymade enclousre for oval many times.....
thats what i thought when i shifted my speakers from the tray to boxes in the zen but i fell the bass has drastically reduced.speakers connected the same way.ie through the headunit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
LBM bro, sony 222 cant handle a pio 12".. the amp cant supply the required minimum power. thats why i suggested a local car accessory wala "boofer" for that "dhik chik dhik chik." trust me this combo wd rock!
hahha they sell those for as low as 200 bucks at lamingoton road...
Old 3rd April 2007, 13:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well even I dont believe in investing on fakes. But this dude is seriously low on cash. And for 4k sony? Please tell me which model would that be?

I bought my Sony 554ZR for 4.8k (Grey) 6 months back. It is not a great amp, but does a decent job for the price. . I was running it without a sub & the bass was pretty good too.

Most Viewed