Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2007, 22:51   #1
BHPian

Help needed on my Esteem's music sys.

I have an Esteem with me right now. My dad bought a Pioneer 3850 head and 350 watts Pioneer oval spks-2nos and good tweeters from pioneer also. Just a basic syatem. My dad barely uses the music system.

I am planning to upgrade my system. I would like to add one sub-woofer and an amp, etc... I dont know anything about car music systems. I am not going to the high end models, Just the basic stuff. Please advise what all components to be added and which make and models. SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME.(also which method is more effective in using subs in cars? The plank on the rear or a box in the boot?)
Old 31st March 2007, 01:14   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatafarose View Post
I have an Esteem with me right now. My dad bought a Pioneer 3850 head and 350 watts Pioneer oval spks-2nos and good tweeters from pioneer also. Just a basic syatem. My dad barely uses the music system.

I am planning to upgrade my system. I would like to add one sub-woofer and an amp, etc... I dont know anything about car music systems. I am not going to the high end models, Just the basic stuff. Please advise what all components to be added and which make and models. SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME.(also which method is more effective in using subs in cars? The plank on the rear or a box in the boot?)
hi,

please let us know your budget for the upgrade. without knowing the budget no one will be able to help you.

cheers
clip
Old 31st March 2007, 02:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

start with a compo for ur frnt doors
check this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html
Old 31st March 2007, 10:35   #4
BHPian

I just want a basic setup. I am not sure about the prices of these products. But my budget can be nearly 10-15k
Old 31st March 2007, 13:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

For 10K to 15K, I'd suggest that you start with good comps in front, just as JK said. Save what is left over and get an amp next, and then next a sub. Build your system in stages, and you will have a really good system done in 6-8 months.

And ditch those Pio Tweets (TS20s I guess).

Front comps: Hertz DSK130 (5.25" 2-way comps @ about 5000/-) or JBL GTO507c (5.25" 2-way comps @ about 5500/-). I don't think you can get 6.5" comps in the front door of an Esteem. If your installer can manage it, get the DSK165s (6.5" 2-way comps @ about 5500/-) or GTO607c (6.5" 2-way comps @ about 6500/-).

Amp: Since you have money left over, I'd suggest that you get a Pio6200 4-ch amp (@ about 7K) now and power the front comps and the rear speakers. You'll need to spend about 3K on power & RCA wiring.

Sub: Later, when you can spare another 7K, you can get a JBL GT4-12 sub (@5K) and build a ported box for it (@1.5K), and power the sub and the front comps from the amp.

Last, you should (ideally) change the rear ovals to speakers matching the front comps. If you choose HSK130s/165s, get HCX130s (or GTO 527s if you get the GTO comps) in the back. This is not completely necessary as you can just fade away the output from the current rear speakers to the bare minimum.

Now that was what I think would be best with a full system in mind.

If you're looking to add just a sub and an amp and nothing else (and you don't mind the bass being a bit boomy vis-a-vis tight), you can:
Get a Pio 305F sub (@ about 3.5K) and install it in the rear-parcel shelf in IB style & Get a Pio D510 monoblock (@10K) to power it. Wiring (power + RCA) will be about 3K.

Quote:
(also which method is more effective in using subs in cars? The plank on the rear or a box in the boot?)
Subs installed on the parcel-shelf tend to be boomy, and do not give a lot of definition in bass. Subs in boxes are the best way to get quality bass. And you don't need to cut the parcel tray. But then it all depends on personal taste.

Last edited by hydrashok : 31st March 2007 at 13:19.
Old 31st March 2007, 15:16   #6
BHPian

Where can i install then i cochin HYDRASHOK? Any placwe where quality work is done?? vbmenu_register("postmenu_402875", true);
Old 31st March 2007, 17:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where can i install then i cochin HYDRASHOK? Any placwe where quality work is done??
The best place is right in your backyard. Emperor Car Accessories. (Between Varkeys and the Tel. Exchange).

Most Viewed