Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2007, 13:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
what is the difference between a component speaker and a normal speaker?
You'll find an answer to your question (and more) here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...rminology.html

Read post #12 for the answer to your question.
Old 31st March 2007, 13:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the link Mugen Power
Old 31st March 2007, 13:37   #18
BHPian

Regarding your boom reqirement at low volumes I would recommmend the BUTTKICKER LFE it is mounted directly to the seating structure or frame so that you can feel the bass even at low volumes.It is marketed by some aveco india in india.

Last edited by revvedup : 31st March 2007 at 13:40.
Old 31st March 2007, 13:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

@gemithomas, I first thought you didn't need any boom at all. Sorry For BOOM at medium to low volumes, all you need is a JBL 12" Bass Tube (CS1204T) @ 6500/- and a JBL CS60.4 4-ch amp (to power the tube and the front comps) @ 9K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
Regarding your boom reqirement at low volumes I would recommmend the BUTTKICKER LFE it is mounted directly to the seating structure or frame so that you can feel the bass even at low volumes.It is marketed by some aveco india in india.
Is this like a placebo thing? Like a vibrating mechanism (like the rumble in some joysticks) that shakes the seat/car like a sub would, without actually giving any bass?
Old 31st March 2007, 14:24   #20
BHPian

Yes to an extent it uses the sound energy to drive a motor.
From the website
The ButtKicker LFE (low frequency effects) utilizes a patented magnetic suspension which is different from any other speaker or shaker and can be used couches, theater seating, platforms, and any type of structure. The ButtKicker accurately reproduce the "feeling" range of many natural and man-made sounds, such as earthquakes, thunderstorms, rocket launches, waves, explosions, tornadoes, volcanoes, dinosaurs, sound effects and all styles of music.

Last edited by revvedup : 31st March 2007 at 14:25.
Old 31st March 2007, 16:55   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a MOTOR, for crying out loud. Like the one in your mobile phone vibrator lol.
Only bigger. Creates the illusion of bass. It has no sound.

Silent Tornadoes and mute dinosaurs.

Edit: Hey wait, maybe if you're lonely and umm.. frisky, you can sit on it and play "I like to move it, move it"

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 31st March 2007 at 16:57.
Old 31st March 2007, 20:14   #22
BHPian

actually I saw the ad of this product in a mag and it exactly met his own criteria ,jokes apart ha s anyone used it so far.Sam actually it does the same job but the two are different
The vibrating alert is produced by a small electric motor connected to an eccentric (unbalanced) weight.

The ButtKicker Shaker utilizes a patented magnetic suspension which is different from any other speaker or shaker and can be used couches, theater seating, platforms.
Different from other shakers or tactile transducers that use voice coil technology, the ButtKicker is much more powerful, more musical (linear) and offer true infrasonic or low frequency response with their resonant frequency of 9 Hz and range of 5 - 200 Hz.
herew are three reviews
Legit Reviews - Feel the Bass with Buttkicker Gamer - Who is Guitammer?
ExtremeMhz.com-ButtKicker Gamer Review
ButtKicker Gamer Review by ExtremeTech
Old 1st April 2007, 12:51   #23
Team-BHP Support

The Aura Bass shaker has reinvented itself. Yes these devices have been around for as long as me (and that's pretty darn long).

I have tried using these devices in my quest to produce good bass feel in small boxes but really they are just glorified vibrators. The only practical use these have is to pre-heat women - think of it as a heater on an "Oil burner".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks