Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2020, 10:11   #1
BHPian

Using Chromecast / Fire TV stick in the car

Hi,
I have been trying to connect my Chromecast +FireTV stick in my 2019 Honda City and have been completely unsuccessful. Could you guide me how I can do the same? Why I need this - Since I have now been doing day trips every other weekend, it just becomes easier to feed my son while he's watching nursery rhymes in the 7" screen in the City.
Old 4th October 2020, 10:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Using Chromecast / Fire TV stick in the car

Not sure how Chromecast/Fire TV can be used in the car. But saw that Amazon has launched this, Echo Auto:

https://www.amazon.in/echoauto/dp/B0...15186688&psc=1
Old 4th October 2020, 10:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
Hi,
I have been trying to connect my Chromecast +FireTV stick in my 2019 Honda City and have been completely unsuccessful. Could you guide me how I can do the same? Why I need this - Since I have now been doing day trips every other weekend, it just becomes easier to feed my son while he's watching nursery rhymes in the 7" screen in the City.
Recommend to get a tablet device and fix it using the headrest. This is what I do for my son. He is comfortable in the car seat in the rear and the tablet keeps him entertained. This will be less distracting for driving as well.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 10:43   #4
BHPian

Appreciate the response. Well, I already have a tablet, but wanted to explore full functionalities of the City. The Chromecast is idling around since FireTV does its job.
Old 4th October 2020, 10:44   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
it just becomes easier to feed my son while he's watching nursery rhymes in the 7" screen in the City.
You mean you want to cast from the mobile to the Head Unit? I don't think that's possible and is quite distracting as well to the driver. Would be better to use a tab or even a large screen mobile should suffice. Can clip it on to the back of the front seat too if needed.
anandhsub is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 10:51   #6
BHPian

It’s possible to cast it to the head unit. I had done it earlier but have forgotten now.
Old 4th October 2020, 12:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
It’s possible to cast it to the head unit.
Yes through mirror link. In my 2017 WRV I can cast my mobile screen to the infotainment screen of car. But you need to have a mobile which is compatible with mirror link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
You mean you want to cast from the mobile to the Head Unit - is quite distracting as well to the driver.
Absolutely. In the interest of safety of all occupants it is not advisable to run / watch a video on the go. A split second distraction can cause a lot of trouble! Be safe be careful.
PAkshay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 15:27   #8
BHPian

If the head unit supports downloading apps, probably you can try screen mirroring apps and screen cast your mobile to it.
Old 8th October 2020, 07:50   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Using Chromecast / Fire TV stick in the car

Mod Note: Thread moved to the ICE forum!
Old 8th October 2020, 11:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

I think it is illegal to have a video playing on your dashboard screen while the car is being driven. Factory fitted stereos display the video only when the handbrake is engaged. Best is to use the tablet at the back. In case you enable the video feature and it is spotted by some cop while you are driving it might invite trouble with the law. I would say avoid such mods in the car. The dangers have already been discussed here (Your car's touchscreen could kill you | Safety concerns about modern in-car infotainment systems).
Old 8th October 2020, 12:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Firstly, how are you going about with it? It needs a common internet between the devices for it work. Secondly, does your ICE have an HDMI In? Usually the cars infotainment system would have HDMI out unlike the TV's
Old 8th October 2020, 12:17   #12
BHPian

Yes, stock City comes with HDMI interface. I am able to connect via HDMi and stream audio. I did stream youtube too with the handbrake enabled, but i have now totally forgotten how I did it. It was not random. Wrt the common internet, yes, I would assume hotspot in the ios can be leveraged. But hey, Im searching for a solution Surprised no other City owner has perhaps tried this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks