Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2020, 02:08   #1

Dangerous over-modifications in Car Audio

Disclaimer: With this post, I do not intend to defame the youtube channel or the respective car owners. The sole aim is to raise awareness and discuss the possibilities of what can go wrong here.

Dear Members,
This is my first post in Team-BHP. On youtube, I came across 2 videos, with heavily modified audio setups, that require heavier alternator, lithium batteries, and whatnot. Please have a look.

Both of their owners claim them to be the loudest in their segments. I was so horrified to see such a setup in a car, that costs in excess of 8-10 lacs.
  • For sure, this audio setup is going to severely harm the ear-drums of anyone who regularly drives the car. I remember sitting in a car with a regular bass tube for 15 minutes, and I had a severe headache afterward.
  • God forbid, in case of an unfortunate event of head-on collision especially in brezza, the audio setup will be flying towards the front compartment of the car, need I say more?
  • Of course, goodbye to any kind of warranty.
  • Cops are not gonna like this setup. Is this even legal?
  • Modified and much heavier alternator, lot of batteries placed just behind the driver, heavy wiring; definitely a fire hazard.

Both these videos have lakhs of views, with mixed feedback in the comments section. I thought as responsible petrolheads, we should have a dedicated post on team-bhp that highlights the risks and downsides of such audio setups.
ankit.livedrive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 10:51   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Dangerous over-modifications in Car Audio

Guess everyone has their own kicks & dreams. I firmly believe in the "to each his own" philosophy. Equally, there is no way I'd personally go anywhere near such an ICE setup.

By the way, you've not seen anything till you've seen LBM's car audio (Hair Trick with LBM's Ride):

GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 17:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

These things in Delhi NCR are quite a norm and normal. And the you have the influencers...and then you have SPL bassheads...and then you have "stock" car owners like me...there are plenty of cars with super loud audio setups.
sidindica is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 18:34   #4
BHPian

These car owners have no idea how prolonged exposure to high decibels can harm their body. They are just one of examples going overboard for the sake of exclusivity. AFAIK playing loud music while driving is an offence in some places, although I doubt these guys are audiophiles looking to enhance their driving experience.
As far as the downside of such setups are concerned, I don't think they're used to their full extent in proper traffic conditions, neither is it clarified under any section of motor vehicles act to ban such modifications. So as long as it satisfies the owners thrills and wallet who are we to comment.

Last edited by Abhi5868 : 13th October 2020 at 18:43.
Abhi5868 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 18:44   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Whatever the floats their boat! Back in the day Trebbble was in fashion, you would see tweeters all over the place. Now its BAAASSS!

In any case for the type of music that such monstrous audio systems are set up for , you need only either end of the sound spectrum.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 01:14   #6
BHPian

These kinds of builds have been there ever since car audio became popular, the guy who's done it is infact here on the forum still, he does brilliant work of it too, to each their own , some like it clean some like it loud.

Just different schools of thought.
muneemmk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks