Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2007, 13:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

Thx guys ..but the reason i compared Alpine & Pioneer coz if you get into the detail of that pioneer AVH-P7850DVD you'l see that it shares most of the feature of tuning with the Alpine also pio got all the new formats of decoding inbuilt some of which are missing even in Alpine PXIH990. Also the pio got 8 channel output which most of the alpine range and the PXA H701 doesnt give you that. I realise that the pio has a kinda bright sound compared to Alpine which is much more crisp. But am sure the tuning part will take care of that. Navin i know to put in that kinda money just for the headunit doesnt make sense but here's the catch a friend of mine coming down frm US is getting the deal on that F1status combo little more than half of the price if he manages to clinge the deal would be great but if not then think would go between Alpine IVA W200, PXA H701 combo and Pioneer AVHP7850 DVD. i just hope he manages to get the deal on those alpinef1 through one of dealer he knows as it was used only for the competition an is now willing to sell. Lets see if am lucky enough
Old 11th April 2007, 15:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

The Pio 7850DVD is the best sounding dolby head unit I have ever heard, if you looking at watching movies in the car, then this one's in a league of it's own, I imported 3 of them for my friends who have installed it in their cars and believe me, it a blast !
Old 11th April 2007, 16:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Thx guys ..but the reason i compared Alpine & Pioneer coz if you get into the detail of that pioneer AVH-P7850DVD you'l see that it shares most of the feature of tuning with the Alpine also pio got all the new formats ....

W200, PXA H701 combo and Pioneer AVHP7850 DVD. i just hope he manages to get the deal on those alpinef1 through one of dealer he knows as it was used only for the competition an is now willing to sell. Lets see if am lucky enough
Do you want to have surround sound in the car? Or are you just looking to have DVD playback but support it with a stereo, Front + Rear + Sub kind of configuration?
Old 11th April 2007, 17:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also the pio got 8 channel output which most of the alpine range and the PXA H701 doesnt give you that.
who says that......the pxa can be used for full 8 channel use....it can be used as any one of the following....

1) 2 front + 2 centre + 2 rear + 2 subs
2) 2 front High + 2 front mid + 2 rear + 2 subs
3) 2 front High + 2 front mid + 2 rear + 1 subs + 1 centre
4) 2 high + 2 mid + 2 midbass + 2 subs (full 3-way active front + active subs which I am planning to do ... only one amp left to buy...)

so I think the pxa is a good choice to buy....the alpine combo will give a lots of tunning options but the pioneer cannot......

or we can get the pioneer hu along with pxa with the RUX controller.....
Old 11th April 2007, 18:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Well 1st of all to spend on high quality SQ speakers and amp and not to get the surround option sounds incomplete to me. To me its good to have the flexibility of both stereo & surround sound. And playing those DVDAUDIO, am sure would give better sound quality then the usual cds & Mp3s. Well theirs another thing to watch for in Pioneer which has 9 channel RCA output. Now which single din head unit has all those option & features. As for me my heart says to close down on Pioneer while my mind says to go for Alpine IVA W200 with PXAH701 and my soul well nothing beats the ALPINE F1STATUS. Also another thing to watchout in Alpine is the signal to noise ratio which is 115db best in class and thd of 0.008% truly amazing. Thats where alpine rules. --- HEY BLUERAVEN any idea about the cost that pio headunit.
Old 11th April 2007, 20:09   #36
BHPian

I think Alpine F1 Status at half the price is still expensive. For much lesser amount you get almost same tuning options in W200 / H701 combo. I would suggest you to invest money in good quality speakers, sub woofers, cables and amplifiers not to forget quality installation.

Spend your budget evenly on the different equipment instead of getting "Esoteric Priced" source / front end.

Pioneer is nice unit and leaps and bounds better in SQ over the outgoing model. Last I remember buying the unit for 80K in gray but that was quite sometime back when it was just launched. Now should cost you less. IT is a very good unit but it looses to W200 / H701 in the area of tuning options and IMO the screen of Double DIN W200 will look far better in CRV than flipout type monitor of 7850.

The other option can also be Pioneer 6850 double din unit which comes with 6 disc DVD changer and does DivX too.
Old 12th April 2007, 13:23   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...Alpine is the signal to noise ratio which is 115db best in class and thd of 0.008% truly amazing.....
you cant hear the difference between
a) S/N of 110db and 115db
b) distortion of 0.08% and 0.008%
so STOP READING SPECS spend that time LISTENING to any good AUDIO system you can get. You did not learn to drive by reading a book did ya? then why do expect to learn to listen without listening?

Think of the ENTIRE audio system as a CHAIN. The CHAIN is only as strong as the weakest LINK and the LINKS include install, cabin acoustics, wires, power cabling, etc...we are here to help and guide you and dont want to see you do something that you later regret. Gunbir/JB, B&T, Sam, BlueRaven and co have spend their lives in Audio (when they could have well done something more commerically lucrative) the advise you get from these young men is (a) FREE and (b) FANTASTIC.
Old 12th April 2007, 20:37   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
But for DLS the only install I know of is LBM!
I have a DLS Nobelium comps installed in my car.
@Invinsible: Dont rule out DLS they sound good. Audition it before making your final decision. Nobelium
Old 12th April 2007, 22:44   #39
Senior - BHPian

hmm....good to hear someone also have a DLS stuff in there car also....the nobelium must be sounding nice smooth and clear....they are also some good speakers made my DLS......from where did you got them....and what price....
Old 14th April 2007, 18:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

Shortlisted the Speakers

Hey all Guru's out there, here's the list of speakers i shortlisted for both front and rear sounstage after research I have been doing since 2 weeks. Will be greatful for your inputs : - Focal 165K2P / Rainbow CS 278.28 / Morel Supremo 62W / CDT Audio ES07.2US Gold. SUB : Arc Audio 12" Flatline / Boston Acoustic SPG555 / Image Dynamics IDMAX 12CRD4 / JL Audio W7 13" / Diamond Audio D912D4. Regarding the head unit will be going with the Alpine just auditioned them yerterday along with PXA sounded really detailed. Also, had this thought of running 3way component in front ..what are your views on the same? Thanks
Old 15th April 2007, 10:47   #41
BHPian

Don't bother going for 3 - Way components in CRV. You will be ruining the expensive door panels of CRV to install the midrange driver. The stock 2 - Way location sounds excellent.

For the price of decent 3 - Way you can buy good quality 2 - Way speaker. So go for 2-Way in the front with coaxials in the rear doors.

So
Old 15th April 2007, 11:13   #42
BHPian

I live in Bandra, and am looking for an installer around here. Any advice?
Old 15th April 2007, 14:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S600BENZ View Post
Contact B&T (Ajay) in Mumbai. Can't say I know of anyone more knowledgeable and experienced in Mumbai who can help you.
Old 16th April 2007, 10:22   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S600BENZ View Post
From what I know, B&T is in Parel. Jacob Khoshy is in Bandra. Both are good.
Old 16th April 2007, 16:05   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Jacob Khoshy is in Bandra.
Jacob Koshy's place is no longer in Bandra. It shut down a while ago.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks