Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2008, 09:42   #61
JPL
BHPian

OldFox Ji any update?
Old 17th May 2008, 11:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

Alas, only in my mind, I must admit. Not getting enough time - must finish if I start, 'cos half done is no fun.
Old 17th May 2008, 12:19   #63
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Alas, only in my mind, I must admit. Not getting enough time - must finish if I start, 'cos half done is no fun.
FoxJi have you decided on the components ( speakers, amp etc?) you were interested in horns..
Old 6th August 2008, 16:04   #64
BHPian

If the sub woofer where to be installed in the tailgates would it be less effective than mounting in a box. Can't the tailgate bee made to act like a box with some sort of modification and enough damping.
Old 8th August 2008, 11:50   #65
BHPian

optional install of your sub.

dear gurus correct me if i'm wrong but i believe you can mount the sub into the tailgate as long as you meet at least half the sealed enclosure volumetric requirement of the unit. then venting it would be a great idea just remember you won't have more than 3 inches max for the port. so width will be the question (or maybe twin ports) thought you might require something like a heavy grade dynamat. in twin layers. only problem is not damaging crimping or cutting the wires. or you could go the monty way and side mount the sub like rockford have. it will give you the volume you need. and the punch regards.
Old 9th August 2008, 01:58   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
dear gurus correct me if i'm wrong but i believe you can mount the sub into the tailgate as long as you meet at least half the sealed enclosure volumetric requirement of the unit. then venting it would be a great idea just remember you won't have more than 3 inches max for the port. so width will be the question (or maybe twin ports) thought you might require something like a heavy grade dynamat. in twin layers. only problem is not damaging crimping or cutting the wires. or you could go the monty way and side mount the sub like rockford have. it will give you the volume you need. and the punch regards.
The full stops seem a bit confusing. And if to over half the volumetric requirement then what size are we taking about.

Montreo has accomplished the sub placement where the jump seats are located in the safari.
Old 9th August 2008, 05:27   #67
BANNED

You can do a sub install in tailgate of a Safari. But to perfect it, some FG work will be required. And the volume as well can be achieved too.
The only thing needed for the above is a good hand of an expert installer. Depending on that, you'll get really sweet or very sour results.
Old 9th August 2008, 09:20   #68
BHPian

Response

the volumetric requirement of the sub is in question here. that is the volume of concealed air in the box behind it to allow it to reproduce bigger heavier bass. for a given sub a smaller box will give boomy bass and insufficient punch since there isn't enough air moving inside the box behind the cone and a larger box will give it too much air lacking pressure. a slightly smaller but vented box allows it to breathe easily are achieve that volume required. however the depth of the vent then comes into play as that decides at what frequency the attenuation will occur. here the diameter of the vent and the depth of the port are both related. a shallow depth requires a wider port and a longer depth requires a narrower port. since the air at the port does not only move in or out but actually goes both ways only 60% of the port is actually getting used.
about the monty yeah it was the most effective setup specially the concealment in i think plexi-glass.
however i would love to see this vehicle so if Mr. Deralte if you are in the MG road area go to the store diagonally opposite to empire if you can i'd be happy to help.
Old 9th August 2008, 12:05   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen
however the depth of the vent then comes into play as that decides at what frequency the attenuation will occur.
Attenuation?

Quote:
here the diameter of the vent and the depth of the port are both related. a shallow depth requires a wider port and a longer depth requires a narrower port.
Did not exactly understand what that meant, but generally, for the same tuning frequency, a port with a larger diameter will be longer. Not the opposite, as you seem to have stated.

Quote:
however i would love to see this vehicle so if Mr. Deralte if you are in the MG road area go to the store diagonally opposite to empire if you can i'd be happy to help.
If you happen to own that store, Der Alte Sir himself might not take to the above statement very favorably since it would perhaps imply soliciting.
Old 9th August 2008, 12:49   #70
BHPian

response

yeah sorry i kinda remembered that point about the vents once i had shut my system down while i was going through my design sheets. i'm more hands on than theory. no buddy i do own a store but that store is womens wear. i doubt it comes anywhere near to this. i forgot to mention it when i posted. i do this audio stuff for my friends at no charge or gain. for the simple benefit of a learning exercise for me. i didn't have a proper comp and couldn't join earlier. so NO soliciting in progress here. i would have declared otherwise and i still think the side panel next to the jump seats is a great idea and will give space. btw there is a guy who does the fiber inserts in BLR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks