Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2007, 14:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fake Rockford Fosgate Speakers being sold in market

Yesterday I came across some fake Rockford Fosgate Speakers which came into the market, The packaging was as good as Original and cost was stunning for RF so I did a little research to see what exactly differentiates the Crow from the Peacocks.
The Dealer was laughing his a$$ off telling me how a wholesaler tried to pass these off saying Original at rock bottom price.
And BEWARE ! This stuff is really well finished for any newbie and people can get conned very easily,
Also if you see any RF FRC series speakers in market don't buy, cos the real stuff sold out long time ago,
Cheers!

Below are snaps of how to recognise the spurious stuff being sold to you compared to the real deal.

The basket of the Speaker has a dull copper red color whereas the original speaker has dull finished brighter red color .

The Terminals to connect the Speaker wire are not well finished as the plastic is crude and the screws are made of cheap metal.

There is a slot on the bottom of the 05 series RF Punch Series Speakers where a sticker provided by RF can be stuck, this sticker is not provided in this speaker set.

The Edges where the rubber surround attaches to the cone is finished pretty crude as anyone can see it's uneven.

The Grill is extremely well finished so almost anyone can get fooled.
Even the Manual and Team RF Sticker provided looks absolutely real.

So buyers BEWARE! and buy only original RF.
Old 14th April 2007, 14:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good copy, looks like it's coming out of the same unit that produces real RF in China.
Old 14th April 2007, 14:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Good copy, looks like it's coming out of the same unit that produces real RF in China.
Not necessarily, Chinese are too damn good at copying stuff, this is nothing, when they can copy building a Merc.

I have not heard the compos, but for all you know they might sound pretty good too.
Old 14th April 2007, 14:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

curious..HOw much are they
Old 14th April 2007, 14:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
for all you know they might sound pretty good too.
For all you know they might sound better than the real Rockford.
Old 14th April 2007, 15:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
curious..HOw much are they
some guys selling for Rs 6500 to Rs 7500 which is dirt cheap considering the Official MRP is 12k +
Old 14th April 2007, 15:38   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
LMAO
Old 14th April 2007, 16:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

china is dumping fake car audio brand products in tons here,las month i went to buy a RCA cable for myself from accessore shop i know from quite a long time now(pal kind of person),i saw the pioneer nalla 4-way speakers 420watts,i asked him how mch these nalla's cost and the life?he answered about 1.4-1.6k, and you will be stunned to hear what he said??its sold for for 2.2k-3.3k instead of OG(for once who dont have any idea) and it works good for about 6-8months or even years,and as no warranty on the product,even if the customer comes and returns in after 3-4months they exchange it ny giving 0.6k - 1k and if possible refurish it and then again on sale.No-way to stop this..i guess
Old 14th April 2007, 16:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Blue, it actually looks like B Stock... It's quite possible they're not fakes, just in the "ICE twilight zone"

Edit: the more I look at your pics, the more I'm convinced these aren't fakes.

Last edited by gunbir : 14th April 2007 at 16:44.
Old 14th April 2007, 17:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Blue, it actually looks like B Stock... It's quite possible they're not fakes, just in the "ICE twilight zone"

Edit: the more I look at your pics, the more I'm convinced these aren't fakes.
Nope, I compared them to RF compos bought from Digimax and the finish on them was much better, thats how I pointed out the differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
i saw the pioneer nalla 4-way speakers 420watts,i asked him how mch these nalla's cost and the life?he answered about 1.4-1.6k, and you will be stunned to hear what he said??its sold for for 2.2k-3.3k instead of OG(for once who dont have any idea) and it works good for about 6-8months or even years,and as no warranty on the product,even if the customer comes and returns in after 3-4months they exchange it ny giving 0.6k - 1k and if possible refurish it and then again on sale.No-way to stop this..i guess
Well this happens in Bangalore also, most of the Pio speakers are fake and some retailers give replacement warranty on them cos they dont fail that often and anyways the retailers are making 50 to 60% margin on them so ocasional replacement does not hurt.
Though thats good customer service but thats cheating cos the product was fake in the first place.

Last edited by blueraven316 : 14th April 2007 at 17:18.
Old 15th April 2007, 00:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your right ! Often the manufactures themselves will supply the major parts to a third party who then go onto to create 'their' product.

Coming back to the topic, this just goes to show that people here will cash in on anything ! First pioneers and sonys..soundstream and now RF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Poor Mr.Fosgate
Old 15th April 2007, 02:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Nope, I compared them to RF compos bought from Digimax and the finish on them was much better, thats how I pointed out the differences.
Ummm... and that's why they're called "B Stock" my friend. Cuz they failed QC and were rejected by RF. What do you think the build-house in China that makes them for RF does when they manufacture a bad lot? Dump them in the Sea? No...

Any guesses for where such B Stock lands up???

Last edited by gunbir : 15th April 2007 at 02:07.
Old 15th April 2007, 02:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I know i know think i am rite don't want use my lifelines so here goes INDIA now give me my money

BTW the fakes do they sound the same or have less sound quality
Old 15th April 2007, 14:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
China is not very far away !
Old 15th April 2007, 22:43   #15
BHPian

yes blue, gunbir is 100% right. these are not fake but b-grade stock.
i've heard them and they can put decent sub setup to shame. trust me i've never hear anything like that before and moreover seller is one of the best installers in punjab ( Pankaj a.k.a butcher in jalandher).

yesterday I've got rockfords installed in my DICOR and i was going to install these but installer adivced me to got in for P162s front components and p1692s rear components with pio 6950ib HU (and an amplifier but i got low on molla and will get that later). when i compared the sq of both there was not that much difference considering difference in models. these are worth for their price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks