Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2007, 16:23   #1
nbr
BHPian

help me please

I bought a JBL 120 RMS 2 way amplifier to fit my JBL 1200 watts pmpo sub woofer from gizmos shop in Dubai .I want to fit into my esteem in india , I was told by the sales guy that its going to work on my sub. But now i got some serious doubts that will work bcoz 120rms multiplied by 3 time or 4 times makes not more than 500 watts PMPO. guys can u please help me out with ASAP as i will be flying next 3-4 days.
Old 14th April 2007, 19:04   #2
BHPian

For one, RMS is not equal to PMPO and if you could post the model numbers, that will save people some 'thinking' to guess which ones you have and get you much better advise.

But from what I can tell, you wont' have the issue of your sub being underpowered or anything though you should wait for the experts to agree on that.
Old 16th April 2007, 10:19   #3
Team-BHP Support

nbr, you should NOT have any problmes driving the sub with the amp (you will have to bridge the 2 channel amp) but if you tell us the model numbers of both we can offer more correct advise.
Old 16th April 2007, 13:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

I dont think you should have any problems at all since RMS & PMPO are totally different. People are using far lower amps for the sub & feeling quite happy about it too. so cheer up & post those model numbers. It must be this one

The CS60.2
Old 16th April 2007, 13:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

now days the PMPO figure is not used in any audio line...it is just the marketing stuff which is used to make people fool that they have such heavy system....So i would say the Navin Ji words.....Please quote the model numbers of the JBL products you are buying then we could suggest anything.....

JBL Car & Marine Audio

JBL Car & Marine Audio

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks