Old 15th April 2007, 19:29   #1
BHPian

WagonR LPG Audio Phase-2 Help

Hi Guys,

I have a WagonR LPG. My current setup is

Pioneer 6850
JBL CS2104 - 4''
JBL 937 - 6x9s

I want to add a woofer and amp into the setup. A friend of mine suggested getting Blaupunkt THW1200, thin sub woofer under the passengers seat. With some amp under my seat.

1. Suggestions for AMP
2. Suggestions for Setup
3. Suggestions for Installers in Hyd. Couldn't find any decent ones.

Thanks in advance,
Old 16th April 2007, 02:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

I do not think the wagon R passenger seat has the place to accomodate any woofer. You may fit an amplifier under the seat but not a subwoofer. You would 100% have to put an enclosure in the boot of the car.
Old 16th April 2007, 02:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I do not think the wagon R passenger seat has the place to accomodate any woofer. You may fit an amplifier under the seat but not a subwoofer. You would 100% have to put an enclosure in the boot of the car.
but how will he put a box in the boot with the spare wheel in place

first he has to find a way of getting ride of the spare wheel so he can put a box
Old 16th April 2007, 10:58   #4
BHPian

Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses. Sam, the woofer won't fit why? Because of the depth or the radius?

The Blaupunkt woofer is only 2.5 inches in depth. If its the radius, then I can get the 10 incher, THW1000.

Getting RID of the spare wheel is not an option. Secondly, I don't want a woofer on top of the LPG tank.

Any ideas?
Old 16th April 2007, 11:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

smokie, I don't think you can get away with a box of a depth of less than 6in bare minimum. Then again a clearance of about 1" over the box (and the cone) would be nice to have. Do you have a minimum of 7" under your seat? And I guess a minimum width of 12" would be needed even for a 10" sub. Do you have that much?

And are the TX subs available still? Are you getting them in India, or from abroad? I have been under the impression (I could very well be wrong) that the TX subs were not made available in India at all.

I also feel a box in the boot would be the only option. If you don't want to place the sub in the boot, or on the LPG tank (It is where the spare tyre normally is, right?) I guess getting an Infinite Baffle setup on a parcel tray would be the only other option. It would be a bit difficult to get it done well, but I think a good installer will be able to do it. But you will lose a lot of boot-space as most IB setups would have a fixed parcel tray that cannot be lifted or removed. And again, if the bottom of the rear seats are open to the boot, IB may not work. Then a box would be the only way.
Old 16th April 2007, 12:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

I think a box could be accomodated in the boot. There is ample space on the right side.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 16th April 2007 at 12:28.
Old 16th April 2007, 13:14   #7
BHPian

I believe building a fiber glass enclosure in the right side space will help in this case. And will look nice too.
Old 8th May 2007, 13:22   #8
BHPian

smokie, Can u post some pics of the audio setup of your WagonR. It would be much useful to others.

Thanks
ramki.
Old 22nd June 2007, 18:37   #9
BANNED

Do wagonRs come prewired for audio, like indicas? And is there provision for sepakers ? If so where? Dash? Front door? Rear? (Where)? Indicas have parcel tray as standard, and provision / wiring for speakers in rear parcel tray.
(thinking of DIY - hence the question)
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:39   #10
BANNED

WagonR has speaker provision in the dash. It is a 4" size. It doesn't come pre wired for audio. But you don't have to take too much trouble for the powering of the stereo as the power from the battery to stereo comes from the factory itself.

For speakers, you will have to do some wiring.

The rear speakers are normally fitted on an extra parcel tray or fitted on the boot door. I would prefer a Parcel tray made of MDF.
Old 23rd June 2007, 09:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Don't WagonR's come with top-of-dash mounting (grills near A-pillar, firing into the windscreen)? The Mandovi Motors Blaupunkt demo vehicle - a WagonR - that I had seen had Blau OD co-axials (5.25/6.5) mounted there, and that was sounding quite nice with a good sound stage. (Had a fundu Blau HU with in-dash LCD the guy said costs 1.25L!)
Old 23rd June 2007, 09:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
The space available can accomodate about 0.4cft box. Even 10" thin subs like the ones from Pio need about 0.8-1cft, not good enough. It would be possible to put 8" ID subs in a 0.4cft box, but that would be decent SQ, not boomy SPL.

For that there is no substitute for the boot area. Depending on the listening choice, a 10" sub tube may not take much space if hung behind the back seat, but still give decent SPL.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks