Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2024, 01:25   #151
BHPian

Re: Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesfast View Post
The budget for the HU is under 25000.
At this budget, you have quite a few options out of which two HU stands out, Pioneer 5290BT & Sony XAV-AX5500.

I'm personally using a Sony XAV-AX5500, it's a great HU mainly due to the 5v pre-out & capacitive touch screen instead of a resistive one which makes it easy to operate while driving.
NA-driver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 10:23   #152

Has anyone done Grand i10 upgrade recently? Mine does not have even google maps on it..Are there any good installers in Bangalore for Sony/Pioneer?

Can you recommend good installers in Blore for Sony/Pioneer units? I am seeing JVC units too in the market. Are they any good?

Do you have recommendations for good installers for Pioneer/Sony units in Blore? I have a grand i10 (2013 model)

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th July 2024 at 10:32. Reason: Mack to back post, please wait for approval to EDIT the original post for update. Thanks.
Jimnyuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 15:09   #153
Senior - BHPian

Planning for a Touchscreen HU for my Fiat Linea facelift model.

Can anyone please confirm if Pioneer HU DMH-A4450BT (below) can be installed on my Linea console (below pic)?

Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units-pioneer4450.png
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...OWI0VEHLG&th=1

Linea console

Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units-img20240711wa0018.jpg
Old 11th July 2024, 21:18   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Planning for a Touchscreen HU for my Fiat Linea facelift model. Can anyone please confirm if Pioneer HU DMH-A4450BT (below) can be installed on my Linea console (below pic)?
It won't be a seamless fit. The shapes of the OE faceplate and the Pioneer are different and the Pioneer seems to be taller from the specs I read. You need something like a Isudar PX6 unit that's made specifically for the Linea/Punto for it to look OE and even that needs work to fit properly.
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 21:38   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
It won't be a seamless fit. The shapes of the OE faceplate and the Pioneer are different and the Pioneer seems to be taller from the specs I read. You need something like a Isudar PX6 unit that's made specifically for the Linea/Punto for it to look OE and even that needs work to fit properly.
Thanks Kedar! Checked out Isudar, sadly it is out of production!
On this thread, one Bhpian installed Sony XAV 5500 on Punto Evo. So I thought even Pioneer 4450 would be compatible.
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 16:50   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Kedar! Checked out Isudar, sadly it is out of production!
On this thread, one Bhpian installed Sony XAV 5500 on Punto Evo. So I thought even Pioneer 4450 would be compatible.
I was looking to get the ISUDAR T72 for my Tjet as well but it went out of stock unfortunately. Given this background I think we have to make peace with a head unit sticking out of the console. So far only the Sony headunits come with generous 5V pre outs. Everything else including Alpine and Pioneer give outs at 2V to 4V max. I am leaning heavily towards the Sony but the question of steering wheel controls remains. If you find any leads, do let me know.
superblover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 18:51   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblover View Post
Given this background I think we have to make peace with a head unit sticking out of the console. So far only the Sony headunits come with generous 5V pre outs. Everything else including Alpine and Pioneer give outs at 2V to 4V max. I am leaning heavily towards the Sony but the question of steering wheel controls remains. If you find any leads, do let me know.
True, I have ordered Sony XAV 5500, planning to install it next week.
I think we should be able to use Steering wheel controls. Will update here.

Last edited by finneyp : 16th July 2024 at 18:53.
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 23:13   #158
BHPian

My installer said adapter was needed to use steering wheel controls with Sony XAV 5500 in Linea T-Jet. With that added, it works fine.

This is how my T-Jet dash looks with XAV5500.
It's not exactly a snug fit I preferred audio quality over aesthetics
There are limited choices for Linea within this price range which are single DIN (note that XAV5500 is not exactly a single DIN).

Quote:
True, I have ordered Sony XAV 5500, planning to install it next week.
I think we should be able to use Steering wheel controls. Will update here.
Attached Thumbnails
Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units-headunit.jpg  

Last edited by redCherry : 16th July 2024 at 23:24.
redCherry is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 07:57   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
My installer said adapter was needed to use steering wheel controls with Sony XAV 5500 in Linea T-Jet. With that added, it works fine.
There are limited choices for Linea within this price range which are single DIN (note that XAV5500 is not exactly a single DIN).
Thanks for the pictures redCherry. Does the XAV5500 have wireless Android Auto? And can you throw more light on how the steering wheel controls are mapped and what functions they control? That would be a great help. Also how much did it cost you for the entire setup including the adapter and where did you source the adapter from?
Old 17th July 2024, 08:47   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblover View Post
Thanks for the pictures redCherry. Does the XAV5500 have wireless Android Auto?
No, it supports only wired Android Auto/CarPlay.

You can consider the HU from the XAV 8xxx series. Not only for the wireless AA/CP, but for their single din compatible design with a bigger floating screen.

Most Viewed