Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2022, 10:21   #76
BHPian

Re: Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Thanks I already have an inbuilt DSP in my amplifier but the original signal being sent from the stock head unit is very poor. It doesn't make justice to the type of equipment I have already installed in my Thar.
I'm not sure if you have mentioned the make and model of the amp with DSP in the posts above, I couldn't find one.
Does your DSP amp have Bluetooth? If it does, can you test the sound quality using that?
Old 18th February 2022, 18:13   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannan View Post
I'm not sure if you have mentioned the make and model of the amp with DSP in the posts above, I couldn't find one.
Does your DSP amp have Bluetooth? If it does, can you test the sound quality using that?
The amplifier does support an external Bluetooth spdiff input Bluetooth adapter but the problem is you can't increase or decrease volume by steering controls or system head unit. You have to control it via phone only which is very annoying. It does support LDAC codec too.
Old 26th May 2022, 12:42   #78
BHPian

Hi,

Just wanted to check if Pioneer BT5290/Sony AX8000 supports 360 Degree Camera, as the vehicle already has the cameras integrated with the OEM HU. I want to change the head unit on my 2019 Fortuner and therefore looking for a suitable option.

I tried the Android HU in one of my previous cars, but did not really like the sound output. Therefore looking at Pioneer/Sony this time.
Old 5th November 2022, 13:23   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTO View Post
2. Sony XAV - AX 5500 on my Punto
You can install only a Headunit with a single din chassis in Punto. Hence I chose Sony XAV - AX 5500 which has a single din chassis.
Hello NTO,

I too have a Fiat, with the same 5'inch screen.
And as you have mentioned, it's a single DIN. There aren't much 1DIN options from reputed brands .
Hence I am inclining towards Sony AX5500, although I would have preferred Pioneer if it was available with 1DIN & 2x USB slots.
Problem is, this isn't exactly single DIN, see Sony link https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/i...tions#features

Just curious, did you had to make any modifications to the OEM chassis to fit this head unit, or was it a straight fit, despite this HU not being a real 1-DIN?
I prefer a HU from reputed brands that are easy-fit to existing chassis.

Thanks

Last edited by redCherry : 5th November 2022 at 13:25.
Old 6th November 2022, 11:46   #80
BHPian

BTW, came across this set for Fiat - Looks like it's a perfect fit, at least fitting wise -

From the makers' website - https://hiwoodman.com/product/woodma...-dsp-2gb-32gb/

Does anyone has first-hand experience of this stereo, especially in a Fiat?
I am not too sure about the audio quality of this set (the digital-to-analog conversion part), is it anywhere closer to Pioneer/Sony, etc?

Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 19:20   #81

got sony xav 8100 for my honda city ZX 2017 diesel, the stock head unit started to show bubbles on the screen. With many others complaining of similar problems followed by ultimately screen conking off, I decided to change it. Strict no to android head units owing to their poor sound quality. Installed with proper frame for honda city. Initial impressions, very good. Sound quality has improved by couple of notches. Thoroughly enjoying apple carplay, Full review in my ownership review soon…
Attached Thumbnails
Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units-91cc371d2957400785b1550a41a47135.jpeg  

Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units-1438647e3c5f4094984271d644878bd7.jpeg  

akhil chandu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 17:18   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil chandu View Post
got sony xav 8100 for my honda city ZX 2017 diesel, the stock head unit started to show bubbles on the screen. With many others complaining of similar problems followed by ultimately screen conking off, I decided to change it. Strict no to android head units owing to their poor sound quality. Installed with proper frame for honda city. Initial impressions, very good. Sound quality has improved by couple of notches. Thoroughly enjoying apple carplay, Full review in my ownership review soon…
This looks good.
I plan to get a similar setup on my Jazz V model as well.
Do share better / brighter pictures.
Want to see how the frame & HU is fit on this panel.
Old 9th November 2022, 14:48   #83

Here you go

Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units-e4f75a5b98804377aeb676601c317ff2.jpeg

Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units-2f42e78420f8483aa90fd01333871152.jpeg

Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units-c11157bf205b48d6bbe06587d97c22e5.jpeg

Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units-316c538e7c244d8c9d89ea5d5a18f96a.jpeg

These frames are manufactured by CCPL surat. They have their own dedicated youtube and instagram handles. Quoting a video from their own channel. I got this frame from a dealer in hyderabad who has tie up with them. I’m sure they must be having one in your place too. They have it for most of the cars including yours.

As for the unit itself, it’s perfect for those who don’t care about fancy android stuff, but want perfect SQ. All the features including steering controls, auto dimming working perfectly fine except hdmi as the port itself is difficult to access when fitted with frame. The system comes with only 1 usb option which was connected to my original port. The stock reverse camera can be activated with an additional socket but I went with an aftermarket camera from dhc. Attaching a pic of it below. The system also has an option to view the rear camera while driving. Apple carplay interface is amazing to say the least. Thoroughly enjoying voice commands with siri, which wasn’t the case with my digipad. Overall it’s a perfect HU for an audiophile.

Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units-612d85a1de354fc28456aaa0b681ab03.jpeg

Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units-b55e1823ee864af59dd982f45a5ac542.jpeg
akhil chandu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 15:46   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Is this resistive or capacitive touch screen ?
I want to upgrade to newer android auto/carplay capable system on one of my older cars. Resistive ones are bigger but not sure what is the disadvantage compared to capacitive on these screens. Pinch and Zoom not possible ?
Old 9th November 2022, 16:28   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
I want to upgrade to newer android auto/carplay capable system on one of my older cars. Resistive ones are bigger but not sure what is the disadvantage compared to capacitive on these screens. Pinch and Zoom not possible ?
It’s a resistive one, pinch and zoom not possible. But then, haven’t found it’s use much except in google maps. Not a big deal for me. That said, the touch response is very good, not like some old touchscreen systems from a decade ago, where you have to press hard for the response. If touch response is your only concern other than pinch and zoom, you’d never complain. Sony has models with capacitive touch also, even pioneer too, but like you said they’re tad bit smaller and not to my liking.
akhil chandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 17:34   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
You could have a look at Sony XAV-9500ES. It has 10.1 inch capacitive HD screen. It needs a single DIN for installation. Not sure about pinch and zoom though, as I never needed to use this feature.
speed79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 12:17   #87
BHPian

Quote:
got sony xav 8100 for my honda city ZX 2017 diesel, the stock head unit started to show bubbles on the screen. With many others complaining of similar problems followed by ultimately screen conking off, I decided to change it.
Neat set up, recently I was searching for the head unit replacement of my Honda Civic 2017, even though I prefer SONY/PIONEER head units, was staying away from them due to the poor integration on the dashboard. Android units offer seamless and factory fitted looking integration but offers bad sound quality and fakes the specs. I think I need to search more for better frames.

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 10th November 2022 at 12:44.
Old 10th November 2022, 20:43   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go

As for the unit itself, it’s perfect for those who don’t care about fancy android stuff, but want perfect SQ. All the features including steering controls, auto dimming working perfectly fine except hdmi as the port itself is difficult to access when fitted with frame. The system comes with only 1 usb option which was connected to my original port. The stock reverse camera can be activated with an additional socket but I went with an aftermarket camera from dhc. Attaching a pic of it below. The system also has an option to view the rear camera while driving. Apple carplay interface is amazing to say the least. Thoroughly enjoying voice commands with siri, which wasn’t the case with my digipad. Overall it’s a perfect HU for an audiophile.
Are the guidelines for reverse camera correctly aligned, and do they move properly when reversing the car? I had heard that some HUs don't get the correct guidelines when connected to rear camera
Old 10th November 2022, 22:03   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Are the guidelines for reverse camera correctly aligned, and do they move properly when reversing the car? I had heard that some HUs don't get the correct guidelines when connected to rear camera
No issues with the guidelines alignment, just like oem and they’re static ones. They come integrated with the camera. I had an option to go for dynamic one’s but I opted for this one. BTW the unit also has it’s own option of enabling guidelines which I put to off. They can be adjusted in the settings of HU. It’s present in all sony HU’s which has the option of reverse camera, so any camera without guidelines can also be used. Sharing a pic below. The upper guidelines is of HU, the icon on the top right can be used to off them.

Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units-87f2168c963b4bf2a5c8ef4e2e61155a.jpeg
akhil chandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 22:31   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
snip
Were you able to get the call buttons on the steering to work with the new hu?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks