Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 12:15   #1
BHPian

Upgraded my Hyundai Creta's factory audio system - Headunit, subwoofer, DSP & more

Having used Alpine IDA-X100 in my Swift with JBL 75.4 amp and components almost a decade back, I was always missing the sound quality in my Creta SX+. I have been resisting the urge to improve the sound setup since I purchased the car as I did not want to touch the factory setup.

I had the stock speakers replaced with Infinity reference series components, added coaxial and woofer and Sony XM-GS6DSP DSP to use the factory unit with high level input.

However, something was still missing. Finally, I gave up and decided to replace the unit. My choice for head units was limited to Pioneer or Sony due to the unavailability of other brands in Indore.

I was stuck while deciding between Pioneer DMH-Z6350BT and DMH-Z5290BT, but finally decided to go with DMH-Z5290BT as I could not convince myself to spend double the amount for the features I was getting.

I had the setup and damping sheet - DAMP2.0 from Blaupunkt installed at car Jewelers (Gopal Nigam) Indore. I have always trusted them for proper installation and support.

Now, I am using XM-GS6DSP in 6 channel mode, bypassing the DSP and using the TA feature of the unit. After setting it up, the sound is simply amazing. I would say it is a massive difference compared to the high level input and factory unit. I do not think I am ever going to use that again.

Enjoying the music in my car again yay !!

Upgraded my Hyundai Creta's factory audio system - Headunit, subwoofer, DSP & more-carplay.jpeg

Upgraded my Hyundai Creta's factory audio system - Headunit, subwoofer, DSP & more-dsp.jpeg

Upgraded my Hyundai Creta's factory audio system - Headunit, subwoofer, DSP & more-headunit.jpeg

Upgraded my Hyundai Creta's factory audio system - Headunit, subwoofer, DSP & more-damping.jpeg

Upgraded my Hyundai Creta's factory audio system - Headunit, subwoofer, DSP & more-ta.jpeg

Upgraded my Hyundai Creta's factory audio system - Headunit, subwoofer, DSP & more-woofer.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 11th January 2021 at 18:10. Reason: Punctuation, grammar
vkhandelwal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 09:52   #2
BANNED

Re: Upgraded my Hyundai Creta's factory audio system - Headunit, subwoofer, DSP & more

Congrats Sir on the upgrade. Fully agree with the stock HU. Absolutely useless in terms of speed/performance, Bluetooth connectivity and overall feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhandelwal View Post
I have always trusted them for proper installation and support.
Can you share details and clear images on what wiring kit was used for amplifier and speakers?
Old 12th January 2021, 14:01   #3
BHPian

Re: Upgraded my Hyundai Creta's factory audio system - Headunit, subwoofer, DSP & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congrats Sir on the upgrade. Fully agree with the stock HU. Absolutely useless in terms of speed/performance, Bluetooth connectivity and overall feel.

Can you share details and clear images on what wiring kit was used for amplifier and speakers?
Thank you Anurag.
I do not remember as I had used that few months back with the Sony DSP installation, but I think it was myTVS 4GA kit.
Old 12th January 2021, 15:29   #4
BHPian

Congrats on the upgrade!
Were you able to use stock Bluetooth mic for telephony or had to use the supplied mic with clip?
Old 12th January 2021, 15:40   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
Congrats on the upgrade!
Were you able to use stock Bluetooth mic for telephony or had to use the supplied mic with clip?
I am using the supplied clip on rearview mirror. It is superior and more sensitive than the factory one. it works for people speaking at standard level ,even from backseat.

Last edited by vkhandelwal : 12th January 2021 at 15:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks