Team-BHP - Swift ICE AMP questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Swift ICE AMP questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/23224-swift-ice-amp-questions.html)

I am back again with my questions. As you may have noticed, i had bought a new Swift and have got it JBLified. Current Set-up

Pio 6850
Front: JBL GTO 607c components
Rear: JBL GTP 937 6X9 3 way

I want to add a amp right now. no sub.

My question is should i go for JBL CS60.4? What are the other choices within this range? I plan to add a mono-block and Sub later. Can I power the front comps and sub through the CS60.4/alternative. If i get a sub, do i still require the 937 in rear?

Option 1: Pio 6100/6200 (8K) or JBL CS60.4 (9K). This should be good enough for your speakers. And since you're adding a mono amp later to power your sub we needn't figure-in the sub's power requirements here.

Option 2: JBL GTO75.4 (13K). This will do a great job with your speakers. Better than the 60.4. And, later, when you add the sub, you can skip the Mono and use the rear channels for the sub (and power the rears off the HU) till you feel like spending on a separate Mono amp (or you can even skip the mono). More VFM in the long run, but costlier now.

If you do get the sub, you really don't need 937s (6x9 ovals) in the back; 6.5" coaxials will do. But then, if you remove the sub for luggage, the 937s will give you decent bass support. Don't sweat it if you have already got the 937s. They will sound great when amped and give you good bass, till you get your sub (and maybe mono amp).

Thanks hydra...your answers are always spot-on.
However, i have 2 questions:
Option 2: JBL GTO75.4 are there any other choices in this range (no Pio/Sony)
Also can there be such a set-up that i can switch the 2 channels between the Sub and rear. What i mean to say is, normally i would have the sub being powered by the 2 channels, but when i take the sub out (on long distances/luggage) it would power the rears?

[quote=hyper-VTEC;415595]
Option 2: JBL GTO75.4 are there any other choices in this range (no Pio/Sony)
[quote]

Nope. There is a Blau amp in this range, but the 75.4 is better. Its pricing and output makes it the most VFM 4-ch amp in this range, IMHO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC (Post 415595)
Also can there be such a set-up that i can switch the 2 channels between the Sub and rear. What i mean to say is, normally i would have the sub being powered by the 2 channels, but when i take the sub out (on long distances/luggage) it would power the rears?

This would be difficult, as the amp needs to be bridged (across two output terminals of 2 channels) to push the sub. And the speakers need output from the individual output terminals of each channel. You could remove the first and put in the second, but then again the gain settings, filter settings etc would need to be changed. Not worth the hassle and you'll need to get it all back to square one after you put the sub back in.

If you are into DIY a lot, it would be OK, if you wrote down the filter & gains settings for the sub and speakers, and just set them each time you wanted to change the output between the sub and the speakers. Otherwise, such a switch-over would not be possible.