Team-BHP - Where can I find this nut to tighten my woofer?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Where can I find this nut to tighten my woofer? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/23255-where-can-i-find-nut-tighten-my-woofer-2.html)

I am curious. Are you going to make another box for your subs? Ain't the first one good enough? Or was there any problems in it?

I think normal self tapping wood screws would do good in fixing the sub in one place. Use extra long ones with good, deep thread and pitch. The screws You've shown will be difficult to install and will look ugly too I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 416835)
I am curious. Are you going to make another box for your subs? Ain't the first one good enough? Or was there any problems in it?

I think normal self tapping wood screws would do good in fixing the sub in one place. Use extra long ones with good, deep thread and pitch. The screws You've shown will be difficult to install and will look ugly too I guess.

Ya new one will be made soon as the present box opening is a little big for the max mounting and 1 or 2 screws are not able to tighten properly......thats why i looking for a new method....also the picture I have posted is a nut which will go inside the box and the bolt head will only be visible......

I have used the screw you show LBM. It fits nicely and gives a real tight lock. I don't think it will come off with vibrations if you use a rubber washer along with the nut.
As for Zuari not giving this, all you have to do is go to a furniture shop. Many people are not DIY and ask these guys to assemble. They always have spare screws.

must be available in Menards....let me know if u need 'em!

LBM stick to your first idea (your post #4). it will work.

LBM, these are called T-Nuts and are a must for installing the subwoofer. This let's you remove the subwoofer multiple times for tuning purpose without compromising on the grip.

I have been myself looking out for these but haven't got much success.

I need 8 of them, if anyone can help!

LBM, check out the home store in "Great India Mall, Noida". They have some weird looking stuff for home use(tools, nuts, bolts blah blah).

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 427179)
LBM, check out the home store in "Great India Mall, Noida". They have some weird looking stuff for home use(tools, nuts, bolts blah blah).

where is it in noida....any pointers.....

Quote:

Where can i find this nut to tighten my woofer?
I can suggest this nut, to tighten your woofer. It will be an excellent job.

I am not referring to the appy fizz. I am referring to the nut holding it. :D Our very own, mad but lovable LBM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 427422)

I am not referring to the appy fizz. I am referring to the nut holding it. :D Our very own, mad but lovable LBM.

upto mad is fine .....but lovable.......:confused:

Thinking of a juggad…
You can use inverted 'Wing nut' onto the mounting hole.
First cut some groove on the baffel board from inside to block and secure the movement. You can use the rubber washer used in water taps to make a base for the nut and then glue it with some adhesive.

just an indicative figure

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 427377)
where is it in noida....any pointers.....

you cant miss it dude.
ITs the biggest mall in North India.
Right opposite Centerstage Mall(Sector 18)(Gurudwara Side).
When you come in from DND, take left just after Film city, and as soon as you hit sector 18 you will see it on your right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 427422)

I tried looking all over Bombay but couldnt find this nut.

Anyway, I have feeling you're going to get into some trouble with santosh.s (not singh) over this. Good luck explaining what you have here calling a poor, vulnerable and pitiful appy-modelling sardar, a piece of hardware.

From the grin on LBM's face I believe the Appy was spiked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 428182)
From the grin on LBM's face I believe the Appy was spiked.

till the photo was then the bottle was sealed....the grin is because of something else.....