Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2007, 15:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Where can I find this nut to tighten my woofer?

where can I find this nut....as I need to tighten the woofer on the enclosure with this nut........
Old 18th April 2007, 15:45   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
where can I find this nut....as I need to tighten the woofer on the enclosure with this nut........
in mumbai we have a place called lohar chawl where you can find stuff like this how many do you need?
Old 18th April 2007, 16:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

You will use this on the inside of the enclosure and then bolt it from the front? Since the box is already built, how will you entrench this firmly into the MDF? Just by tightening the bolt from the top? Confirm whether this is a good technique. If this ever loses its grip on the MDF and hangs loose inside, you'll have to cut open the box or the bolt shanks to get your subwoofer out. Plus, will the sub's gasket allow a bolt head to sink into it?
Old 18th April 2007, 16:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
You will use this on the inside of the enclosure and then bolt it from the front? Since the box is already built, how will you entrench this firmly into the MDF? Just by tightening the bolt from the top? Confirm whether this is a good technique. If this ever loses its grip on the MDF and hangs loose inside, you'll have to cut open the box or the bolt shanks to get your subwoofer out. Plus, will the sub's gasket allow a bolt head to sink into it?
hmmm....I would individually tighten the bolt first without the sub so that I can check that the bolt is fully entrenched into the wood.....only after that I will put the sub......also the woofer mounting hole is a bit oval in shape which is causing one screw of the woofer mounting to not tighten full...so I am plainning to get a new box all together....so then I can fix this nut easily.....I will be using allen screws....not the normal Hex nut they have smaller head size when compared to the hex nut......
Old 18th April 2007, 20:54   #5
BHPian

Go for normal self tapping wood screws.
Old 18th April 2007, 22:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Go for normal self tapping wood screws.
ya I am using them right now....but I want some thing solid as the wooden screws gets lose after two or three times tightening.....
Old 18th April 2007, 22:58   #7
BHPian

Self tapping ones with decent pitch don't.
Old 18th April 2007, 23:31   #8
Team-BHP Support

Can't you use a nut bolt combo? Or will something sticking out damage things.
If you really want this, go to a shop which sells the self assemblable computer tables from Zuari.
Their kits have these bolts. I have a big computer table with lots of these bolts. Shiny great stuff. Took me one day to assemble the thing, but I am happy, these bolts hold really well, and I keep heavy things on the computer table too!
Old 18th April 2007, 23:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If you really want this, go to a shop which sells the self assemblable computer tables from Zuari.
Their kits have these bolts. I have a big computer table with lots of these bolts. Shiny great stuff. Took me one day to assemble the thing, but I am happy, these bolts hold really well, and I keep heavy things on the computer table too!
will check it out.....thanks.......
Old 18th April 2007, 23:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
yeah, as good as they look & feel, they do not last for more than one fit, sorry to say this, buy i have experienced this many times & i hope no one seriously buys these kind of fix & forget things. Zuari is just another brand that makes these stuff.
Old 19th April 2007, 00:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
yeah, as good as they look & feel, they do not last for more than one fit, sorry to say this, buy i have experienced this many times & i hope no one seriously buys these kind of fix & forget things. Zuari is just another brand that makes these stuff.
the zuari people uses low density wood which gets lose up very quickly......but I will be using it in a MDF....which will hold the nuts in place.....
Old 19th April 2007, 00:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

I seriously doubt if zuari or any other such manufacturer will provide you with these nuts even if they have ( i dont think they will have). My suggestion would be to find the right nut in a decent hardware shop.
Old 19th April 2007, 00:24   #13
BHPian

Phaaji, if you can't get your hands on the particular fasteners you are looking for, may I suggest a jugad way ?

You can use thread lock(should be available in any automobile store) or worst comes to worst, super glue on the threads. have done this myself a couple of times and the results have been pretty encouraging.

Last edited by Sideways : 19th April 2007 at 00:27.
Old 19th April 2007, 00:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I seriously doubt if zuari or any other such manufacturer will provide you with these nuts even if they have ( i dont think they will have). My suggestion would be to find the right nut in a decent hardware shop.
I will try to get these from any hardware shop if I cannot get them from any zuari type furniture manufacture.....
Old 19th April 2007, 00:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Phaaji, if you can't get your hands on the particular fasteners you are looking for, may I suggest a jugad way ?

You thread lock or worst comes to worst, super glue on the threads. have done this myself a couple of times and the results have been pretty encouraging.

hmmm.....we use this in our factory to fasten the plug hole in the machine hydraulic power pack..

Loctite Consumer Retail Products | Product Detail

It works very fine.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks