Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2021, 10:23   #16
BANNED

Re: Honda City ICE upgrade & dashcam setup | Blaupunkt 10.1" Android Head Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Please install the "Device Info HW" and report your findings on that thread (this app is better than CPU-Z).
I am genuinely waiting for someone to check the specifications for these Blaupunkt and Pioneer Android running HU's.

Whether they are genuine or taking customers for a ride. 90% of them aren't aware of such an issue of difference in specifications on paper and in reality.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 10:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am genuinely waiting for someone to check the specifications for these Blaupunkt and Pioneer Android running HU's.
Don't think Pioneer has any Android Stereo except for this detachable multipurpose unit - https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...5tabsph-t20bt/

Proper stereos are with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Old 11th February 2021, 18:10   #18
BHPian

Thats such a neat install. Looks premium compared to the many chinese ones available in the market

I have the Harman(chinese) unit installed on my Honda City and so far have been satisfied with the experience.

One thing i have noticed is that whenever the car goes over rumblers, the dashboard shakes and rattles like crazy(as if it will fall off). Any precaution that you all installers took which my guy would have skipped(maybe a foam tape or something like that in between the layers?). Got it installed from Car Gold on JC Road.
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 22:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.8984 View Post
Absolutely, always a great idea! Loved the stock car for 4 years and now with extended warranty expired too - open for tasteful mods. I am big on white City + Black roof and would look to get started with it. Have upgraded the tyres already to Michelin XM2 (195/60 R15) from stock undersized ones.
How was your experience and feedback on the installation process itself? Also, did the owner offer some honest feedback / options to you besides Blaupunkt? I have a fluidic Elantra and would like to spruce up the interior a bit including the ICE (5' max I guess) but worry about quality of workmanship when it comes to electrical components.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 11th February 2021 at 22:28.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 23:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:

Whether they are genuine or taking customers for a ride. 90% of them aren't aware of such an issue of difference in specifications on paper and in reality.
Two cars of my friends have Blaupunkt key Largo 970 units installed and their RAMs are in line with what was advertised in the box (2GB).
Sridhar K is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 12:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Two cars of my friends have Blaupunkt key Largo 970 units installed and their RAMs are in line with what was advertised in the box (2GB).
How about the Android version - is that in sync as well ? Using apps other than CPU-Z like HW Info?
Old 12th February 2021, 16:15   #22
BHPian

^^^I will check and confirm.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 16:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post

One thing i have noticed is that whenever the car goes over rumblers, the dashboard shakes and rattles like crazy(as if it will fall off). Any precaution that you all installers took which my guy would have skipped(maybe a foam tape or something like that in between the layers?). Got it installed from Car Gold on JC Road.
The fit and finish on my car is immaculate, no rattles or even no signs of any gaps. As I mentioned earlier, if you select the right frame for your model, it is as good as a standard fitment (it comes with the screws and other material that is needed for installation). During installation I observed that it was more a plug and play kind of fitment and no additional cuts or adjustment required. So don't think there is a chance of any misalignments and rattles unless something is broken while replacing the original head unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
How was your experience and feedback on the installation process itself? Also, did the owner offer some honest feedback / options to you besides Blaupunkt? I have a fluidic Elantra and would like to spruce up the interior a bit including the ICE (5' max I guess) but worry about quality of workmanship when it comes to electrical components.
Installation was smooth as described above (took about 45 minutes to complete the work). Owner was in fact insisting on some local brands which were cheaper (might be a case of more margins on non-branded products). He had to procure Blaupunkt as it was not readily available with him.
yogesh.8984 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 19:00   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Please install the "Device Info HW" and report your findings on that thread (this app is better than CPU-Z). I checked on my Foxfire HU and found the hardware configuration to be in sync but the Android was actually a lower.
Finally I found time to install both CPU-Z and Device Info HW and here is what I see.

On Blaupunkt Device Settings

Android Version - 9.0
RAM - 2 GB
Storage - 16 GB

On CPU-Z

Android Version - 8.1.0
RAM - 1.94 GB
Storage - 15.4 GB

On Device Info HW

Android Version - 8.1.0
RAM - 2 GB
Storage - 15 GB

So Android OS seems to be a version lower if we go by the apps readings. RAM, Storage and other things are fine.
yogesh.8984 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 19:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Your prediction seems to have come true

Quote:
Android Version - 9.0
On Device Info HW
Android Version - 8.1.0
So Android OS seems to be a version lower if we go by the apps readings. RAM, Storage and other things are fine.
Wow! Can a brand like Blaupunkt do this and get away with it? What are the legal implications?
Can you reach out to their support and check how they can provide a lower version of Android?

On the other hand, now the unbranded guys will say even Blaupunkt quotes an incorrect Android version so its normal.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 13th February 2021 at 19:54.
Old 13th February 2021, 22:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

It appears that this is a known thing that Blaupunkt is also selling Chinese Rebranded Head Units.

Name:  Blaupunkt.png
Views: 2887
Size:  18.2 KB
From XDA Forums

Full Details: Link
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 03:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Finally I found time to install both CPU-Z and Device Info HW and here is what I see.

Android Version - 9.0
RAM - 2 GB
Storage - 16 GB

On CPU-Z

Android Version - 8.1.0
RAM - 1.94 GB
Storage - 15.4 GB

On Device Info HW

Android Version - 8.1.0
RAM - 2 GB
Storage - 15 GB

@yogesh.8984 I am looking to fit one on my city, wanted to know if you explored/compared with other options like hypersonic or foxfire.
Reading your review, if I understand right, I can put a 4g sim in the head unit for its internet connectivity? Does it have hotspot etc which can enable wifi for passengers in the car?
Now that you have need using it for a few months, how is your experience, does the quality hold up?
Old 2nd July 2021, 19:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer05 View Post
@yogesh.8984 I am looking to fit one on my city, wanted to know if you explored/compared with other options like hypersonic or foxfire.
Reading your review, if I understand right, I can put a 4g sim in the head unit for its internet connectivity? Does it have hotspot etc which can enable wifi for passengers in the car?
Now that you have need using it for a few months, how is your experience, does the quality hold up?
As I mentioned, I wanted to go for a branded product so went with Blaupunkt though it was expensive compared to other local brands.

Yes, 4G SIM option is available in some units, I dont have it in mine though.

Experience is pretty good so far both in terms of performance and ease of use.
Old 10th July 2021, 01:39   #29
BHPian

I decided to get a foxfire 4gb unit with 4g sim card. Went with with foxfire as most other sellers dint sell a 4gb unit and there were a few foxfire users in team-bhp.
Getting it fixed on Saturday, will share pics details once its fitted!
Old 14th September 2021, 10:13   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Here is a quick update on replacing the OEM ICE system by Blaupunkt Key Largo 970 - 10.1".
Dear Yogesh.8984,
Thank you so much for such a detailed post. I am also looking for a branded system to upgrade my Innova crystal’s HU. Set my eyes on Santa Rosa 980. Blaupunkt is the only bet in the market as of date. Though your post covers majority of the points, I have few queries
1 How is the unit performing? Is it working seamlessly or does it hang, crash and needs reset/ restart?
2 How is voice clarity over phone calls, specially on the other end?
3 Does this unit support Apple car play? Is some additional adaptor needed for the same ?

Thanks and regards
Bravo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks