Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2007, 14:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
it is like the display on the older pajero the all compass like things
Yeah Compass plus trip computer plus other stuff like outside temperature, a/c grille temp, et al.

Its been replaced by a GPS unit in the new Pajero.
Old 27th April 2007, 15:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
zak in first pic of post # 21,is that a crossover?
Yes its a crossover of the Alpine Type R component speaker..!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
The Prado is not gone anywhere. It cannot be ICED (many here know why ) but it came with good stock ICE in it.
This is one monster we got to ICE as I wish (it's owned by an uncle of mine who is almost my age).
Thats what i was wondering, how u are gonna hide the speaker hanging in front........

Last edited by kpzen : 27th April 2007 at 15:10.
Old 27th April 2007, 15:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

Good going Zakko. All the very best.

Why Alpine Type R, of all speakers? Just curious?
Old 27th April 2007, 20:46   #34
BANNED

Another day down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Yeah Compass plus trip computer plus other stuff like outside temperature, a/c grille temp, et al.
Exactly!

After the batteries were disconnected during the install and reconnected later, the Compass was asking for a reset. The method: 'drive the vehicle in circles to reset the compass'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Thats what i was wondering, how u are gonna hide the speaker hanging in front........
There is no need to hide anything in this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Good going Zakko. All the very best.
Why Alpine Type R, of all speakers? Just curious?
Thanks B&T.
He wanted Alpine for sure (even the reverse cam is alpine). And type R fascinated him.
Old 27th April 2007, 21:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

WOW!! Nice install... So when do we get to hear it n see t monster?
Old 27th April 2007, 23:01   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly!

After the batteries were disconnected during the install and reconnected later, the Compass was asking for a reset. The method: 'drive the vehicle in circles to reset the compass'
Are you serious???

Reminds me of something else.....

Quote:
He wanted Alpine for sure (even the reverse cam is alpine). And type R fascinated him.
I know you were a great Alpine fan once, was it your influence? Can't wait to hear it though...

Must have been a busy day for you, is everything done?
Old 28th April 2007, 00:19   #37
BANNED

The install is yet not complete. Yes, the optical cable also was a reason for the delay.

Yes, it was a bit of my influence which made him change his Sony and earthquake setup to an all Alpine setup.

I am serious of that going in circles thingy.

The Monster will soon return to it's home town, that is Trivandrum.
Old 28th April 2007, 01:34   #38
BANNED

Pics from the day.

As the install is going into the 3rd day, here are some pics from the second day.

Another photo of the centre speaker.

Alpine 550 and 501 amps lined up for measurements etc..

The Sub waiting in the box.

Reading it is soooooo nice.

The SUB looks great too.

The magnet is compact yet heavy. See the DVC connectors too.

A pic to admire this handmade beauty cum beast.

Getting ready to fix the amp.
Old 28th April 2007, 02:27   #39
BHPian

After reading about quality of stock speakers i really think how worth is car.? It costs over 30 lakhs on road , it is an act of shame by mitsubishi motors.
Old 28th April 2007, 07:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Zak! stop it! From cars to SUVs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
After reading about quality of stock speakers i really think how worth is car.? It costs over 30 lakhs on road , it is an act of shame by mitsubishi motors.
Check the OE speakers that come with Hondas (in India)
Old 28th April 2007, 17:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The install is yet not complete. Yes, the optical cable also was a reason for the delay.

Yes, it was a bit of my influence which made him change his Sony and earthquake setup to an all Alpine setup.

I am serious of that going in circles thingy.

The Monster will soon return to it's home town, that is Trivandrum.
Zak

The install is shaping up great. Between the Rtypes and the iD12v3, try and experiment with a xo point of around 60Hz or so.
Old 28th April 2007, 17:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Zak

The install is shaping up great. Between the Rtypes and the iD12v3, try and experiment with a xo point of around 60Hz or so.
60hz would be quite low for the components IMHO....they should be done near 80 hz or near.......
Old 28th April 2007, 19:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Zak

Like LBM, I also think that while this is no problem from the sub's point of view, but it could get a bit tiresome for the Type Rs playing down to 60Hz. But then it depends on what kind of music, listening habits etc.
Old 28th April 2007, 23:31   #44
Senior - BHPian

I'd visited the Mon(s)tero today evening. The optical cable came in today and Zuheimi finished the job. Install is fini. She sounds good. Really good soundstage up front. The sub has been tuned so it plays with the fronts well. The sub has been installed in a small sealed box (about 0.85 cu.ft.) and it plays really tight and fast. Even the single 12" sub is doing pretty well in that huuuuuge cabin. The audio is not tuned exactly to my taste, but judging by the grin on the owner's face, it is spot on for him.

And I think Zuheimi was right about the center speaker. It really belongs on the dash. The screen is integrated (motorised) into the HU and it sits in front of the HU when fully open. When playing a movie, the dialogues come from the roof (about 3 ft above the screen) and in the front passenger seat the dialogue is a bit disembodied. From the 2nd row (rear seats) it sounds ok. That niggle aside, I've never experienced a movie this well in a car. Simply great. The screen, though small, is really sharp and vivid.
The surround effect of the sound is really uncanny. And the overall ambience is far more immersive and personal than a HT in a room. The body of the truck held up to a whole lot of abuse from the ICE, without any damping. No rattles or squeaks.

The HU has so many settings it is mindboggling. It has a touchscreen interface on that BIG screen, so it is quite easy to move around the settings. Zuheimi has the next-rung HU in his car. I couldn't believe it when I heard the price of this HU. Almost the entire amount one would spend on ICEing a car.

The two amps have been installed really well in an amp-rack on the left side of the boot, with neon backlighting (when the boot door is opened). Looks really great. Zero intrusion into boot space. Except for the sub, which is removable and can be tucked away well (as the box is pretty slim).

Zak's Cuz came by to pick-up the car and he was definitely happy, going by the grin on his face. Poor Zak was in TVM today, and was on his way back when I'd gone to check out the truck. I think the truck left for Bangalore before Zak could get here. I took a couple of pics for Zak, but uhhh..., you know how it is when a mobile cam is used in the dark, right? I'm emailing them to Zak. I guess he should be the one to post them (if he thinks they are good enough).
Old 29th April 2007, 00:08   #45
BANNED

Oh guys! What an abrupt end to a such an exciting story!!
I was all stuck up in another part of the world when things were reaching the climax here. Anyway, I reached home just in time before the monster left my home. It was all started up and warmed up to leave. Some phone calls and they waited for me.
Got to see the system. Couldn't have a full listening session. They had to leave and it was already far late than what was planned.

The system looks Awwesome!! No words to describe the perfection in the work. Amazing and very clean and beautiful to look at. All the equipment has been integrated very beautifully. Seems like the amp rack came with the vehicle. Some bling neon effect makes it stand out too.

I will post the pics as soon as possible. Waiting for my mailbox to knock.

BTW, it's not ma cuz but ma uncle!! Looks younger than me right???

Last edited by speedzak : 29th April 2007 at 00:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks