Team-BHP - Sound Advice needed for 2 Cars.. A Palio and an Accent..
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Sound Advice needed for 2 Cars.. A Palio and an Accent.. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/23602-sound-advice-needed-2-cars-palio-accent.html)

Hey..

Alright, I already have a Palio. May just go in for a 1.6L Palio Stile, but anyways, I guess the boot space is around the same.

My Budget for audio is around 40k, MAX 50k. Id prefer to keep it under 40k.

Things I have, but prefer getting rid off, 6" Front Speakers, 6x9's 3 Way Pio's.. a 4950 HU.

Palio..

Requirements are everything... max Budget 50k, Prefer under 40k.
New HU (Pio 6950?)
- 6" Front Speakers (Pio's?)
- 6x9's Coaxial Rear Speakers (Was thinking of JBL GTO937's)
- 1 x 15" Sub (was thinking a 15" Kicker), or 2 x 12" Subs (2 x Premiers?).. I love bass, the more the bass the better. Issue is, Since there isnt much boot space in the Palio, I want only 2 Amps, 1 to drive the Woofer(s) and 1 to drive the 4 Speakers.
- Which amps? Was thinking of a Pio 800W Mono for the Woofer(s)..
- What about the 4-Way?
- Wiring, Sub Enclosures (Custom ofcourse?, I want 1 side, like the side open to the Boot, Plexiglass...)

Accent..
Alright, this is for my friend.
He has a MAX. budget of 60k, Excluding the HU, he already has a 8850...

2 amps (Pio's?)
2 rear speakers again (GTO937's?)
front speakers
Single woofer\basstube
enclosures
cabling

Thanks the Help!
Regards,
Ad1tya!

dude
i think your budget s not sufficient for your list,i assume the price list for you:
1.head unit=9-10k
2.front=6-7k
3.rear=6-7k
4.2subs??!!!i dont know about kicker but you can gt jbl by 7-8k (each)=14-16k
5.amp=again i can give you jbl 13k(each)=total 26k
total=62-66k

let me tell you something as you are a palio owner like me.
there is no need to have 2 sub in palio as one sub can give you the bst of bass worlds.
regarding to your budget i suggest you to go to ice threads and search,you can find the best stuffs according to your budget.
ooops ,i didnt calculate for wiring and costume for your set up.
again i assume 10k for that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ad1tya (Post 425615)
Palio..[/b]
Requirements are everything... max Budget 50k, Prefer under 40k.

Accent..He has a MAX. budget of 60k, Excluding the HU, he already has a 8850...

some ideas. The gurus will chip in later.

40K....
Damp front doors: 4K
Get good RCA cables: 3K
HU: 8-9K fron Blau, Pio, Kenwood
Amp: 7K for a Pio
Speakers: 10K for components (front) and coax (rear) JBL, Energy, Blau THx
Sub: 7-8K (12" in box) same as speakers

60K...same brands asa above unless mentioned.
Damp front doors (4K), trunk (2K) and undercarpet (4K) : 10K
RCA cable: 3K
Power cable: 3K
HU 10K
Amp: 13K for the JBl 75.4 for example
Speakers: 13K Infinity, Hi Energy, Alpine, Blau Velocity
Sub: 8K for 12" in box same as speakers

Im getting a Kicker 15" Sub, The ES154, IIRC, for 7k...

One of my frnds dealer, gave me Quote of 32k, for 1 HU (8850 at that time), Amp (Pio 800W mono) + Sub (Kicker 15") + Soundstream Cap (I think 2000W) + Install (Sub enclosure was going to be 1 Side Plexiglass) + Good RCA Cables...

Adding to that, 5k for speakers, and 5k for another 4Way Amp. Maybe ill keep my existing front 6" Speakers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ad1tya (Post 425843)
Im getting a Kicker 15" Sub, The ES154, IIRC, for 7k...

One of my frnds dealer, gave me Quote of 32k, for 1 HU (8850 at that time), Amp (Pio 800W mono) + Sub (Kicker 15") + Soundstream Cap (I think 2000W) + Install (Sub enclosure was going to be 1 Side Plexiglass) + Good RCA Cables...

Adding to that, 5k for speakers, and 5k for another 4Way Amp. Maybe ill keep my existing front 6" Speakers?

I think you should follow the configs Navin has mentioned.

A CAP? Seriously, I would spend that money on better power wiring, which would in itself help you avoid a Cap completely.

I think it would be a good idea to change the front speakers (if they are the OE speakers). After all, 40K is a good budget.

Here's a 40K budget system for a Palio posted about 2 weeks back: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tml#post415524

Quote:

Adding to that, 5k for speakers

There are better speakers than Sony and Pioneer. Still I would recommend to use your ears.

A good system in a poor install is not recommended. I would recommend some degreeof damping when you have a system that has a sub and and / or external amplifier.

JBL GTO 937's were the speakers I was going for...

Damping is a must I know :)..

Imma gonna get a system install after a week or 2. Will decide what to go with till then. The budget could rise too :P.

Quote:

Soundstream Cap (I think 2000W) + Install (Sub enclosure was going to be 1 Side Plexiglass) + Good RCA Cables...Maybe ill keep my existing front 6" Speakers?

Plexiglass is great since its inert but it is very pricey. Just go in for a good sturdy enclosure and save the $$$. When you say 'good' RCA cables make sure you know what your getting and post back here... this is where most people get taken for a ride.

Navinji and the others have provided with you good suggestions...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ad1tya (Post 425615)

My Budget for audio is around 40k, MAX 50k. Id prefer to keep it under 40k.

Accent..

Alright, this is for my friend.
He has a MAX. budget of 60k, Excluding the HU, he already has a 8850...

If you want to keep it under 40k, I'd suggest you install components (JBL or Blaupunkt would do) for the front and save money by avoiding the 6X9's and buying co-axials instead. That way, you can install a 4-Channel Amp and drive the components and the sub through the amp. If, however, you can stretch it up to 50, you can have the 6X9's and a monoblock for the sub.

Here's how I look at it:

Under 40:
1 X HU (Pio/Blau/Kenwood) - 8k
1 X Pair Components (JBL) - 6k
1 X Pair Co-axials (rear) - 2-3k
1 X 4 Ch Amp (Pio/JBL) - 7.5k
1 X JBL 12" Tube (More the better) - 7k
Cabling and Misc - 3k

50:
+ 1 Monoblock Amp (JBL/Pio) - 7-7.5k
- Co-Axials
+ 6X9's JBL 937's - 5k
+ Better cabling

Again, YOU have to decide what is enough and what's not or what suits your taste and what does not.

And for your friend, I guess Navin's post is more than enough.

Thanks a lot!

Gonna decide soon..

Will post the Final config here, when I do decide :).