Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:06   #1
BHPian

Connecting ipod to car speakers?!!

Hey guys..
Looking at all the DIY answers I thought I might as well approach you guys with my problem or should I say looking for a solution...

From the time I got my ipod i have always had this feeling that the car stereo system should be made or amended to play from my ipod..

Reasons for that..
1. You dont have to keep changing the cds to play the fav songs..
2. There wont be much of disc skipping problem like the cd player b'coz of the non moving parts..
3. You can have your entire collection of music in a small package..

I have a Blaupunkt bahamas mp3 player. It has the option of Auxiliary. But doesnt have a cassette playback option.

I had seen once in one of my friends friends car that the guy has a cassette player and the cassette had a headphone jack which could be connected to the ipod in its headphones place and voila everything on my pod was just heard from the speakers..

please suggest some way that i could connect my ipod to my car speakers...with or without being able to charge the ipod at the same time...
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:12   #2
BHPian

u can buy those adapters from ebay easy solution cost about $20 to 30

Last edited by 2fast4u : 2nd May 2007 at 14:18.
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:17   #3
BHPian

The reason I dont want to buy those kinda adapters is that i wanted to do it myself instead of buying it. am a tronix student so this interests me rather than purchasing one..and i have limited pocket money...
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:19   #4
BHPian

Yep the Blau Bahamas MP46 comes with an auxilary input option....just buy an Ipod adapter, connect it and u r done...

Quote:
I had seen once in one of my friends friends car that the guy has a cassette player and the cassette had a headphone jack which could be connected to the ipod in its headphones place and voila everything on my pod was just heard from the speakers..
its called cassette adaptor and u get it in any accessory shop for just 150 bucks....

just a few days ago I got myself a new Nokia handsfree AD-49 for my N-Series. its got a 3.5mm jack.

my matiz has a casette player...with the adapter now I play the MP3s from the phone.....

and wonder what the best part is?????? its indeed a Handfree system...now i can attend the calls using the car speakers....
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:43   #5
Team-BHP Support

i think he already said that he didnt have a cassette player option.

i dont know much about balupunkt but auxiliary must be using RCA cables, do some research and figure out which are the audio input pins in the RCA, and get an old RCA plug/wire and doctor it to fit a 3.5 jack to plug ipod in.

if you are more adventurous and have resources try plugging from the preamp section of the car stereo.
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:45   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels View Post
The reason I dont want to buy those kinda adapters is that i wanted to do it myself instead of buying it. am a tronix student so this interests me rather than purchasing one..and i have limited pocket money...
If you have Aux input jack on your car stereo, simply buy a cable having aux i/p jack at one end, & regular headfone jack on other.

connect the cable to aux i/p & your ipod, set your stereo to aux source(find in manual of you stereo make), enjoy music.

usuallu aux i/p jack is at back side of stereo, so you may have to take it out before connecting the cable.

Route the cable suitbaly, os that it doesnt keeps on dangling while you are not using ipod.

Enjoy your music
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:48   #7
Team-BHP Support

oh kewl, if its the regular aux jack you can get the aux to 3.5 cable in almost any good electronics shop for under 100 bucks. Rest as per Aruns post, you can get a USB charger which can be hoked to Ciggie lighter for charging also
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:55   #8
BHPian

ok auxiliary cable seems to fit my bill..and also ease....i will try and find out more what i can do to make it a cleaner way to fix up the pod...

Thankx for ur sugestions guys...
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:01   #9
Team-BHP Support

Does an IPOD have a standard 3.5mm headphones jack? ( I Own a creative which does),
In that case its a simple matter of connecting it to aux in.

If you want DIY you need access to solder.
Buy 2 headphones jack (2.5mm or 3.5mm depending on the aux and ipod sizes)

The cost should be about 15rs.
Buy a cable, with three wires, or just use the cable you have with some old headphones.
Solder the ends N-N, G-G, L-L
There you have your mp3 player to Aux in connection.

If your AUX in is not of the stereo type but you have a dual aux in with different sockets for L and R channel you need something like this

You can buy a readymade cable for something like 100rs or so.
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:02   #10

You get the FM transmitter for your I pod, I use a FM transmiter for my Creative ZEN. It is a little transmitter with a set frequency which goes to your Head phone socket. Then tune your radio to that frequency and off you go.

The only touble is that this transmitter uses a battery so when the battery dies you need to change it. You can use Lithium Ion batteries for long durations.

Hope it helps
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:07   #11
Team-BHP Support

heres a few links for aux to ipod:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ll-splice.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...-y-thread.html
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:33   #12
Team-BHP Support

FM transmitter will give you 64bit equivalent, not a good Idea. I have used it and it sucks.
As for the aux cable thingy, I have never looked at an IPOD closely. Does the IPOD have a 3.5mm stereo jack?
If so then a 50-100rs Aux cable will do the job, its readily available too.
Why do all this cutting and stuff?
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:42   #13
Team-BHP Support

TSK, FM tranmitters are in many cases worse tha 64k. it is not the bit rate that is annoying but the distortion.
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:50   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Does the IPOD have a 3.5mm stereo jack?

?
yes i pod have 3.5mm regular jack, i have 60gb model
Old 2nd May 2007, 17:07   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunforu1 View Post
yes i pod have 3.5mm regular jack, i have 60gb model
So in case the HU has a aux in (1 stereo or 2 mono, does not matter) you need to spend atmost 100rs and get yourself a 3.5mm - 3.5mm cable or 3.5mm - Dual mono cable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks