Team-BHP - Autopsyche'd Civic ICE Install
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Autopsyche'd Civic ICE Install (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/23775-autopsyched-civic-ice-install-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 433699)
Thanks Notorious, you may be Notorious, but I'm B.I.G. :p

Driven... what have you been upto man... people are calling you a sweet professional and what not...

Thanx Paaji, i think we have to pull Manik(driven) to this website from his work place and tell him to spend some time with us also

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS (Post 434731)
Thanx Paaji, i think we have to pull Manik(driven) to this website from his work place and tell him to spend some time with us also

Driven is a member here and he does spend some time when he finds himself free from his job routine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clipto333 (Post 434685)
hi hydra,
is it really true that 15" subs are not fast? dont they have a motor according to the size of the cone? please clear my doubts.:)cheers
clip

Well, the size of the cone itself makes them a bit slower than the 12"ers and much slower than the 10"ers. I'm sure the manufacturers must be doing something to the stuff that goes into the motor and into the cone (lighter material) to compensate for this somewhat.

But I think they will still be less faster than subs with smaller cones and lesser surface area. They (15"ers) do go quite deep and uh...thicker to compensate.

It is a personal preference about the sub size. Some prefer the faster and quicker response, while some prefer the deeper and thicker (without being much boomier) bass of the 15"ers. 15" feel louder too.

I'm sure there must be a more technical explanation to this (or a technical way of explaining this) but I really don't know all that stuff :)

And most of us can't justify spending almost double the amount for 2 x 10" drivers, so we might settle for one 15".

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 434783)
Well, the size of the cone itself makes them a bit slower than the 12"ers and much slower than the 10"ers. I'm sure the manufacturers must be doing something to the stuff that goes into the motor and into the cone (lighter material) to compensate for this somewhat.

But I think they will still be less faster than subs with smaller cones and lesser surface area. They (15"ers) do go quite deep and uh...thicker to compensate.

It is a personal preference about the sub size. Some prefer the faster and quicker response, while some prefer the deeper and thicker (without being much boomier) bass of the 15"ers. 15" feel louder too.

I'm sure there must be a more technical explanation to this (or a technical way of explaining this) but I really don't know all that stuff :)

And most of us can't justify spending almost double the amount for 2 x 10" drivers, so we might settle for one 15".

the 15 inch driver would be slower than the 10 inch one If we firstly compare the drivers.........if we compare a 10 inch pioneer sub with a 15 illusion sub...then the illusion sub will still be faster......as the subs is designed to be like that......now this is only the driver point of view....a sub response in a sealed enclosure will be different when compared to a ported one.....there will be some delays due to port interference......

so the faster and slower is there....I agree there....but the choosing of a driver depend majorly on budget, space, power, loudness than the speed of the sub......but there are always few exception everywhere...

For all those who are compairing a 15" sub to a 10" please remember that a 15" sub has a Sd of about 2 10" subs so needs to move only half to move the same quantitiy of air. A properly 15 or 18 sub can be plenlty fast indeed.

hi navin,

even i was thinking the same but i thought maybe im stupid. lol.

cheers

clip

Quote:

Originally Posted by clipto333 (Post 435080)
hi even i was thinking the same but i thought maybe im stupid. lol.

1. never undersestimate your own knoledge.
2. never underestimate other either

BTW the pros and cos of vairous speaker diameters (all things remaining constant) etc.. would be a topic for another forum. Othwise they would have to rename team-bhp to team-rms or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 435138)
1. never undersestimate your own knoledge.
2. never underestimate other either

BTW the pros and cos of vairous speaker diameters (all things remaining constant) etc.. would be a topic for another forum. Othwise they would have to rename team-bhp to team-rms or something.

hi,

i agree with you on both points.

cheers
clip

edit - all of the above

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 434769)
Driven is a member here and he does spend some time when he finds himself free from his job routine.

Sirji i know he is a member here and through this website only i know him and i went to him later..:uncontrol :p

update... exterior pics:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...e-install.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 446038)

I think you have the link wrong. Its taking me back to the first post in this thread itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 446038)

You meant this one ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-modified.html

oops! thanks E_L
--------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 446091)

even this one is not opening..

Thats one brilliant setup with a killer amp.

Is this one of the new series of Audison amps? Do they all have the provision for high level inputs? I'm looking for something to drive two front component speakers and a single sub (a single 4 channel amp or 2 separate amps, a 2 channel and a monoblock). This is in a Civic. Dont care much for the rear fill.

What are the options within the Audison range and what would be the (approximate) damages?

Sorry for the barrage of questions but this thread has really made me want to get the music in this car properly sorted.