Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2021, 12:03   #1
BANNED

Apple Maps update adds 3D navigation & augmented reality

Apple Maps to provide 3D navigation

Apple Maps update adds 3D navigation & augmented reality-20210608054804_apple_maps_new.jpg

Quote:
Apple is committed to building the world’s best map, and iOS 15 takes Maps even further with brand new ways to navigate and explore. Users will experience significantly enhanced details in cities for neighborhoods, commercial districts, elevation, and buildings, new road colors and labels, custom-designed landmarks, and a new night-time mode with a moonlit glow. This is a whole new way of looking at the world through Maps.

When navigating using iPhone or CarPlay, Maps features a three-dimensional city-driving experience with new road details that help users better see and understand important details like turn lanes, medians, bike lanes, and pedestrian crosswalks.4 Transit riders can find nearby stations more easily and pin favorite lines. Maps automatically follows along with a selected transit route, notifying users when it’s nearly time to disembark, and riders can even keep track on Apple Watch. With iOS 15, users can simply hold up iPhone, and Maps generates a highly accurate position to deliver detailed walking directions in augmented reality.
Apple Maps update adds 3D navigation & augmented reality-large_2x.jpg
With iOS 15, users can simply hold up iPhone,
and Maps generates a highly accurate position to deliver detailed walking directions in augmented reality.

wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 10:54   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Apple Maps update adds 3D navigation & augmented reality

Apple Maps update adds 3D navigation & augmented reality - Post moved to a new thread.
Old 14th June 2021, 11:05   #3
BHPian

Is it the same feature that Here Maps had almost a decade ago (It may not be this much rich at that point of time ). They called it as street view. (If I recall it correctly)
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 12:20   #4

Any idea when or if these features would be applicable to India? Even if it comes to India, the sheer volume of uses with Google maps would make it far better in showing traffic levels and estimating routes and travel time.
Old 15th June 2021, 11:18   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Is it the same feature that Here Maps had almost a decade ago (It may not be this much rich at that point of time ). They called it as street view. (If I recall it correctly)
The thing about Apple is that they mostly do not "invent" any new features (of course exceptions exist in a spectacular way when it comes to Accessibility features catering to disabilitues and health issues of various kinds that no other OS - be they computer or phone) has ever done even to this day they merely take all the time they need and make those features so damned integrated and implemented in a very beautiful and convenient way that no other app or OS does.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 13:12   #6
BHPian

I've been using Apple Maps in Chennai for quite some time, must say I am quite surprised with the level of accuracy. While of course, Google Maps still has much more data, Apple Maps is more than sufficient for me to use on a day to day basis. So far, I've not had a problem in finding directions to places using Apple Maps.

It does seem to consume a lot less power than Google Maps, & love the fact that I can see directions w/o having to unlock my iPhone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks