Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2007, 20:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

car audio components required in bangalore

ok i need some help people....i'm from dehradun....so everything's available at a hefty pricetag....

hey i'm hunting for a sound quality audio system....

can you guys let me know some good shop names and addresses in bangalore.....i have a friend who'll be coming back from bangalore in about a couple of weeks so i'll ask him to get me the stuff...

so here's what i'm looking for.....ultimately the price is the ultimate factor....it'll depend on how much i'm able to stretch my budget....

SPEAKERS-

Infinity REF 6012i
Infinity REF 6010 CS

JBL component 607

Head Unit-

Alpine iDA-X001 + Alpine bluetooth adapter KCE-300BT
blaupunkt head unit Hamburg MP57
Sony MEX-BT5000

Subwoofer-

blaupunkt THB 200A powered subwoofer
Infinity basslink
Infinity basslink II

soomoku enclosure based powered subs...not bass tubes....only boxes...

Amplifier-

JBL GTO 75.4

approx prices of the above would be appreciated....

anything else you guys might like to chip in....th budget should be nearly 50-60K

the car's Swift....

other things i'll need is monster cables or audison ones....whichever's cheaper....

regarding to what kind of sound i need ....well clear sound quality with very tight punchy base...not loose....and i don't like too much of treble either....

i've had enough with too much SPL....sound pressure level.....i have 3 enclosure subs and 2 4-channel amps with 2 capacitors running in my santro....and i really can't take it any more.....the pressure is just too much....maybe i've gotton old at 24

i'm going for a enclosure based sub because firstly they have THE tightness and punch...and secondly...no one here can make good boxes....and when i say MDF....thay say whaaatt???.....so thats why a premade one is the one i'm looking for....also space is needed in the boot....so the general soomoku ones i have seen are pretty good

help me out guys....
Old 9th May 2007, 10:04   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
SPEAKERS-
Infinity REF 6012i
Infinity REF 6010 CS
JBL component 607

Head Unit-
Alpine iDA-X001 + Alpine bluetooth adapter KCE-300BT
blaupunkt head unit Hamburg MP57
Sony MEX-BT5000

Subwoofer-
blaupunkt THB 200A powered subwoofer
Infinity basslink / Infinity basslink II
soomoku enclosure based powered subs...not bass tubes....only boxes...

Amplifier-
JBL GTO 75.4

anything else you guys might like to chip in....th budget should be nearly 50-60K the car's Swift....other things i'll need is monster cables or audison ones....whichever's cheaper.........i have 3 enclosure subs and 2 4-channel amps with 2 capacitors running in my santro....i'm going for a enclosure based sub because firstly they have THE tightness and punch...and secondly...no one here can make good boxes....and when i say MDF........so the general soomoku ones i have seen are pretty good....
What speakers/amplifiers/HUs have you heard? What did you like (of those you heard)? This will give us a fair idea of what you are looking for. For now based on the brands you have mentioned. Assuming a budget of 60K.

Damping, Wires and Labour = 10-11K (7K for damping, 2K for wires, and 1-2K for labour)
HU - 16-17K Hamburg 57 (Neither the Sony nor Alpine wont fit this budget and even the Blau will have to be grey market to fit under 20K)
Amps - 13.5K the JBL 75.4 you mentioned.
Speakers - 12K 6010CS in the front and 6012i in the rear
Sub - 8K 12" JBL Boxed sub (Basslink wont fit budget and Blau and Sumokoo are not the best in their price class).
Old 9th May 2007, 10:34   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Firstly, why dont you go in for the new reference series. Ref6020 and so on.

I can suggest going to the Kumar Brothers - Auto Shop at koramangala-9845254766. Nice ethical people, nice to deal with.
CLose by is the massive Sprocket -41501963

To see As much Infinity as you like, you can go to Car Trendz at Mission Road-9845002514

Another rockstar is Hitec cars at Lalbaugh Road -41240250

I'm assuming you're installing at Dehradun, otherwise bangalore has some excellent installers like anwar and thouqeer.

Anyways this should sort you out. Good luck with the purchase and let us know.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 9th May 2007 at 10:37.
Old 9th May 2007, 12:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Navpreet - Where are you going to install all this in Dehradun? AFAIK there aren't any installers worth mentioning around. My suggestion is why not drive down to Delhi? You can get all the equipment there & you can have a nice install done from a professional installer.
Old 9th May 2007, 12:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Firstly what are you trying to achieve here....which equipment you are planning to add....are you adding your old santro stuff also .....or a complete new setup.......
Old 9th May 2007, 13:53   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Navpreet - Where are you going to install all this in Dehradun? AFAIK there aren't any installers worth mentioning around. My suggestion is why not drive down to Delhi? You can get all the equipment there & you can have a nice install done from a professional installer.
I will agree with Rags. Most of the equipment you mentioned is pretty much the same price in New Delhi, as Bangalore.
Old 9th May 2007, 14:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

navin: i like equal everything with tight punchy bass...not that bass which is loose and goes on for some time distorting the music....and i don't like treble....it gives me a head ache....it should be there but to enhance the sound not like chan chan...lol....another thing....the jbl is not internally powered right...so another sub will have to be added....i wanted to keep the wiring and boot use as low as possible...

sam: thanks for the shop names mate...

iraghav: well i'm currently gathering the info on the stuff and will then decide where to get the install done....

low bass maker: this is a completely new setup and nothing is being carried over....and the system is more of based on sound quality....SQ in tbhp terms.....

so the thing is that i'll be going in for this stuff based on inputs from you guys.....i have not heard these systems like infinity...because there are no such systems here .....and i have no time to go to delhi or elsewhere to have look either....so help me out guys.....
Old 9th May 2007, 14:13   #8
BANNED

Mr. RAGS can speak sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

Most of the times, Mr. iRaghava is sober. But when he do get drunk, he speaks sane stuff like above.

Navpreet, Delhi is the best place to go. You will be able to buy these stuff yourself.
Another plus point is you would be able to audition some good audio equipment and actually understand what you are going to buy.
Old 9th May 2007, 17:18   #9
BHPian

navpreet its better if you come down to delhi and HEAR and then DECIDE what you want.pumping 60k without listening to the equipments is insane bro!!
Old 10th May 2007, 10:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

zucchero: yup...even i'm thinking about that now...considering the different characteristics of same sized speakers from different companies and nearly same price tags.....well i have to listen to them....so what all places are there in delhi....and contact info....
Old 10th May 2007, 12:02   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
zucchero: yup...even i'm thinking about that now...considering the different characteristics of same sized speakers from different companies and nearly same price tags.....well i have to listen to them....so what all places are there in delhi....and contact info....
BTW this thread is about ICE in bangalore! I think Delhi is some ways away from bangalore.
Old 10th May 2007, 13:02   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
BTW this thread is about ICE in bangalore! I think Delhi is some ways away from bangalore.
Actually Navin, the thread-starter is from Dehradun which is also some ways away from bangalore. We're advising him to buy his ICE from delhi instead.
Old 10th May 2007, 13:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Actually Navin, the thread-starter is from Dehradun which is also some ways away from bangalore. We're advising him to buy his ICE from delhi instead.
the guys lives in dehradun but his friend lives in Bangalore.....so he is asking his friend to get the stuff from bangalore...
Old 10th May 2007, 13:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

And i thought that dehradun was a far far away place guarded by a fire breathing dragon. If it is that close to the capital, why talk about bangalore.

The install is a vital component in your ICE, hence it is best you buy & install in delhi.
Old 10th May 2007, 16:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Navin - Dehradun is in North India & is about 250-odd kms. from Delhi. Whereas, Bangalore is far, far away from Delhi leave alone Dehradun. Hence, my suggestion to him for buying the stuff from Delhi & getting the install done there only.

Most Viewed