Team-BHP - Baleno ICE Help
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Baleno ICE Help (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/23867-baleno-ice-help.html)

Want to know is there any way by which one can get throug a USB connection using the default Kenwood system which comes with baleno... all i want to do is.. make mp3 cd's play with the default system... any other ways which can make this possible....

Is not the default system MP3 capable?

Nopes Navin ... its a cassette player....

The only way to make it work is to buy the dummy cassette adaptor, for aux in. (Yuck) or use an FM modulator (a little better).
There is no way you can have a USB connection.

----------------------------------------

Do you want to play MP3 songs from a Ipod like MP3 player or from a portable CD player ? Either way, sam's suggestion fits you. Get a cassette adaptor & plug your player to that. works fine.

Do you want to play MP3 songs from an Ipod like MP3 player or from a portable CD player ? Either way, sam's suggestion fits you. Get a cassette adaptor & plug your player to that. works fine.

Thanks Sam... i have heard there is a way to workwith the adapter which can play the discman along with the cassette players.. is this thing possible.. if yes then need help to know what kind of adapter and what all will be required.... my idea was to get a HDD work with the player somehow...but i guess it wont work.... what all can be possible to play cd's

This is what it looks like & costs around 250 rupees for the cassette adaptor alone. this whole package costs 1500.

www.ndtvshopping.com

ok great.. and does it plays mp3 also...

Quote:

Originally Posted by invincible7 (Post 433263)
Nopes Navin ... its a cassette player....

you can use a cassette adapter and any portable player (MP3 or CD) . try it and see if it sounds ok for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by invincible7 (Post 433424)
ok great.. and does it plays mp3 also...

It is a VCD/MP3/CD player. Cant gurantee the life though it is VFM.:)

the vdc/cd/mp3 player works fine....if it gets damage or does not work throw it as it is unrepairable.......and you can get it for 1.2k in delhi at some places....with remote and head phones and ac adapter included

Quote:

Originally Posted by invincible7 (Post 433385)
my idea was to get a HDD work with the player somehow...but i guess it wont work.... what all can be possible to play cd's

I've seen someone who used this adaptor. He plugged it into the audio/line out of his laptop which he placed on the passenger seat. Played his Winamp songlist thus. If you have a portable MP3 player, you could probably also connect the headphone out via the adaptor.
There you go - your HDD gets connected to the player :).
@Navin, the earlier VXi's used to come with a cassette player. The last lot, end 2005 onwards came with a MP3 player - Kenwood 4029.

hi invincible,

u cant get USB data to flow into ur old audio system. but u can get a line level input into it by tapping into the circuit.

i had the same issue with the Alpine cass/radio player that came along with my OHC. so what i did was some DIY as usual...

opened up the circuitry to know where the system can take in a line level signal on the PCB. This board was a digital build and left very less options to prick in.

i did manage to get a point, and now i use my 2 GB mp3 portable player to play my favorite MP3s...

however it does have its own -ve points. first i get a static if the MP3 portable player is not kept in a particular place. the speakers hiccups whenever a mobile signal comes in... even the CB signal hiccups on the speakers.

anyway i'm already on the verge of throwing this out and changing my ICE.

try it out,... it is a good option if u already have an MP3 player, and are short on budget for an ICE now.