Team-BHP - Alpine 9855+Focal 165KPS.. Need some help on the Amps
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Alpine 9855+Focal 165KPS.. Need some help on the Amps (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/23886-alpine-9855-focal-165kps-need-some-help-amps.html)

Hey ! Gurus

I'm looking to ICE up my Octavia and I've been doing some shopping.

For starters, I've got an Alpine 9855, Focals 165KPS (Upgraded Version) and looking for a 4 Channel Amp to drive the Focals and a Sub.

I was keen on Helix A4 Competition but the Steg K4.01 or PHD Audiophile 4075 are looking good as well. Also I'm yet to finalize on the Sub..

Please thrown in some advice..

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyliner (Post 433206)
For starters, I've got an Alpine 9855, Focals 165KPS (Upgraded Version) and looking for a 4 Channel Amp to drive the Focals and a Sub.

I was keen on Helix A4 Competition but the Steg K4.01 or PHD Audiophile 4075 are looking good as well. Also I'm yet to finalize on the Sub..

If you are looking at Steg why not talk to Bass & Trouble about a sub as well. I did not know the PHD is available in India. Another alternate might be an Audison.

@skyliner,

If you want more details about STEG ask Bass & trouble.

Or you can ask our very own LBM.;) He has two Steg Amps.

Yes, Audison and Focal are known to sound great together. Frankly, any of the amps you mentioned will work well if you like the Focal sound.

STEG....are we talking STEG here.....sir it a wonderful amp I have two of them and planning to get the third one as I wanna make the setup full 4-way active.....setup inculding the sub......

B&T Bhai has done some ammazing setups with the legendary MasterStroke series...in a superb....hope to see the install when i get to bombay.....

Mine is the K-series...and one there is Qmos series....Here is the link of the same....

News

Gt-trading - Attivitą

Gt-trading - Attivitą

Thanks for the replies..
Low_Bass_Maker, how would you compare the Steg K Series with QMos Series ?

Gunbir, I've heard the Audison paired with Focal 165KF, they weren't impressive enough..

Navinji, You are right PHDs are not available in India but I can get one down.. If they are best suited for the job.

Also, has anyone has an experince with Helix Competition Series ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyliner (Post 435095)
Navinji, You are right PHDs are not available in India but I can get one down.. If they are best suited for the job.

Also, has anyone has an experince with Helix Competition Series ?

Heard PHD and Helix one time in Germany I prefed the PHDs but the model numbers and vintage of what i heard are not the same as what you are getting today. Besides you should try before you buy.

Quote:

Gunbir, I've heard the Audison paired with Focal 165KF, they weren't impressive enough..

Can you please describe the ideal sound you would like to have in your car...

Don't know about others but for me it is very difficult to point out huge differences from amps of the same league - comparable models from Steg, Audison, Helix, PHD. I would have to do a Ph.D. to tell them apart unless I heard them for extensive periods in the same setup. :p I'm sure all of them would do really well, and the choice of speaker (in this case, not such a bad one) would dictate to a very large extent, the sound reproduced, while the differences in the amps would be quite minimal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 435172)
Don't know about others but for me it is very difficult to point out huge differences from amps of the same league - comparable models from Steg, Audison, Helix, PHD. I would have to do a Ph.D. to tell them apart unless I heard them for extensive periods in the same setup..

I agree. When I heard (extended session of about 4 hrs with each setup) the Helix and PHD in Essen the setup was not the same. Even the cars were different (one VW one Audi) but the speakers used were in both cases vifa/scanspeak prototypes by ALR (now I can see the cobwebs in B&T's brain clearing and a "eureka" look on his face). Hence my discalimer "Try before you buy".

Quote:

Thanks for the replies..
Low_Bass_Maker, how would you compare the Steg K Series with QMos Series ?

Sir I have the K-series right now....I have not listed to the qmos....but if we compare them techinicaly the k-seires is much more superior than the qmos.....but qmos is also good....as it is a VFM seires......you would be quite happy with them also...if you tried them.....for a good demo it can be arrangedby B&T Bhai........

There are tons you can choose from:
Audison.. Brax.. Genesis.. Focal( dual monitor--will mate wellwith your speakers..)..Tru Tech..Sinfoni.....whateves your poison...frankly.. its hard telling them apart in a A/B... Ive had teh chance to A/B them all in last few weeks with soem superbly installed cars and equipment.......Rest its your money.so spend it wisely..not on pure hearsay...

sir you left out Steg, zappco, JL audio, DLS...and many more.....but as said by all there will quite less difference with the comparable series....

hmm well yeh.....teh list end is endless.....and the money u can spend also has no limit really... Its all on how much one is willng to spend on pleasuring ones ears... :)

skyliner,did you buy the alpine HU from india?how much?sorry,i know this is off-topic!!