Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2007, 02:06   #1
BHPian

Music system advice for AVEO 1.4 LS

Dear All

I need your advice on better music system for Aveo LS 1.4

It comes with factory fit two rear , two front, two tweetors and one kenwood basic HU.

Pl advice best music system setup in range of 15k Max above mentioned can be exchanged if required. if above mentioned remains in car and any add on make them best please od suggest it.

Aveo LS owners pl share your views on company fit system performenace.

Thank you all for ur help in advance
Old 11th May 2007, 10:41   #2
Team-BHP Support

If you have 15K I'd advise keeping the old HU esp if it has atleast 1 pre out.

Spend 7K on an amp like the Pio 6200.
If the HU has one pre out bridge the amp and add a sub (Pio 306C DVC in sealed box for 4K)
Then spend the rest (4K) on better front speakers and let the HU drive these speakers as well as the existing rear speakers.

If the HU has 2 pre outs get the 306C SVC instead and use the amp to drive the front speakers and the amp.

If your HU has only one pre out and you cant get the DVC sub then get the JBL 60.2 amp instead of the Pio 6200.
Old 11th May 2007, 11:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

I will post again what I posted before

My friend also has an Aveo But he got his car without stereo(He didnt want the company stereo) He gota Pioneer HU & JBL componanats at front & is using stock Aveo speakers at back & is pretty happy with the out put

He now using the HU's feature which allows the rear speakers to be used a sub & this in turn is giving him decent bass without any sub & amp. Although this in no way better than a system with a sub & amp But I belive not everyone needs them. Overall a very nice system at not so high volumes.
Old 11th May 2007, 17:46   #4
BHPian

Further information..

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
If you have 15K I'd advise keeping the old HU esp if it has atleast 1 pre out.

Spend 7K on an amp like the Pio 6200.
If the HU has one pre out bridge the amp and add a sub (Pio 306C DVC in sealed box for 4K)
Then spend the rest (4K) on better front speakers and let the HU drive these speakers as well as the existing rear speakers.

If the HU has 2 pre outs get the 306C SVC instead and use the amp to drive the front speakers and the amp.

If your HU has only one pre out and you cant get the DVC sub then get the JBL 60.2 amp instead of the Pio 6200.
Thanks folks..

Further info i got from dealer is about model number of HU which i m getting in AVeo it is Kenwood 4029 am not sure about specifications.

I am planning to keep set up as it is. I will get first one good amp. which i will buy and give to car dealer to fit in. i guess it will enhance the setup to an extent. budget is 15 to 17 k now apart from good amp i can put tube also with in this budget but dont wanna compromise on lower end product atleast music should be effective and well graced.

Pl suggest products tried and tested latest ones with price one more question in Aveo where i can install bass tube dont wanna disturb any sort of interiors.

Pl do keep future upgrade of speakers and components in mind while u suggest me the products.

I have long list of questions sorry about it ... but thanx for ur support too....
Old 12th May 2007, 10:21   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
Kenwood 4029 am not sure about specifications.
I am planning to keep set up as it is. I will get first one good amp.
budget is 15 to 17 k now apart from good ampl..
The 4029 has only 1 pre out. So make sure the amp has speaker level inputs.

I would start with a good 4ch. amp and see how that goes. You can get a good amp from 7K but I would recomend a better amp say like the JBL 75.4 for 13K becasue such an amp will rellay drive your sub nicely if you want to add one later.

The bass from a tube is a bit boomy. I would suggest a box (preferable a custom box) sub. You can start with a Pio 306C (3K for sub) or a JBL GT4-12 (about 6K for sub) in a good box. The box can cost from Rs. 800 but I would recomend a wel built custom box that will fit in a niche in the aveo. Such a box should cost 1.5-2K. With the JBL sub this will cost you a total of 8K.

If you get the JBl 75.4 your total will be 21K
If you get a smaller amp to beign with like the Pio 6200 for 7K you will need a bigger amp to drive the sub. Cheapest options are the Pio D510 or JBL 300.1 for 10K. So you total will be 7K+10K+8K = 25K.

In addition to the electronics you can add
damping for the front doors (3-4K), better RCA wires (1K per pair)
and beter power wires (3-4K for a 4GA ISI wire from battery to both amps).
Old 14th May 2007, 20:08   #6
BHPian

any more suggestion coming up ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The 4029 has only 1 pre out. So make sure the amp has speaker level inputs.

I would start with a good 4ch. amp and see how that goes. You can get a good amp from 7K but I would recomend a better amp say like the JBL 75.4 for 13K becasue such an amp will rellay drive your sub nicely if you want to add one later.
Thanks Navin you are awesome !!

In between Any other suggestion are welcome too !! Folks where r u !!
Old 15th May 2007, 00:02   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In between Any other suggestion are welcome too !! Folks where r u !!
I guess I scared them. :-)
Old 15th May 2007, 01:31   #8
BHPian

I'm far too thick-skinned to be scared away.

One thing you must keep in mind when you purchase your system is future upgrades and timelines for those upgrades. It's very easy to think you will upgrade something later but then don't get around to doing it. If for financial reasons you can't do it -- you feel bad about the equipment you have. Also, if you're built the other way, you might get fed up by a compromise you made 3 months ago and decide to sell it off (definitely at some loss in value) in favour of something better. So be sure of your budget, why you want what you're getting, and when you will touch it again.

Regarding what you should get, I second Navin in his suggestion that you go for a 4-channel amp and JBL GTO75.4 is a good buy. That's the best investment you can make at this stage and this will set you up for future. For now, if that is all you want to spend, just get the amp and run your speakers from the amp -- the rears will sound better when you turn up the volume. If you can spend a little more, go for the sub in a sealed box suggested by Navin. Another option is to go for the economy class JBL CS60.4 amp that will reduce your spending by a few thousand (I have it and love it though I would have got myself GTO75.4 if not for a few other reasons). Like Navin said, don't go for the bass tube -- that's mainly for those who know what they're getting and why and how they'll be using it, and should never be considered under budgetary concerns.

Though I'm a noob like you, I hope you'll get something worthwhile from my mumblings.
Old 15th May 2007, 02:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

ya get a 75.4 if budget permits as it is more powerful when compared to the 60.4.....also in bridge mode 75.4 (284 watts rms)give a good output for the a pair of components and subwoofer use but the 60.4 will give (160 watts rms)...
Old 15th May 2007, 09:38   #10
BHPian

nice to see finally taking up my wake call !! Thanks for your suggestion coming in.

So i am planning to go for 75.4 and if possible a HU ..... any suggestion for HU please !! budget for hu is 6 to 9 k with bill. i dont need usb and all but yeah a good sound hU i prefer...

One more question will this amp 75.4 works well with company fitted speakers.i hope it doesnt harm them.
Old 15th May 2007, 09:43   #11
BHPian

thanks folks for waking up on my call Navin you arent scary unless you use high tech lango hahaha

i am now planning to get 75.4 amp and a good HU. please suggest a good HU in bugdet of 7 to 9 k the HU which am getting fitted in car is kenwood 4029.

If i use this amp 75.4 will it harm my company fitted speakers?

second thing can i purchase jbl amp from outside and give it to dealer for fitting it ?i hope he does his job fairly.
Pl suggest confused on this
Old 15th May 2007, 11:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks folks for waking up on my call Navin you arent scary unless you use high tech lango hahaha

i am now planning to get 75.4 amp and a good HU. please suggest a good HU in bugdet of 7 to 9 k the HU which am getting fitted in car is kenwood 4029.

If i use this amp 75.4 will it harm my company fitted speakers?

second thing can i purchase jbl amp from outside and give it to dealer for fitting it ?i hope he does his job fairly.
Pl suggest confused on this
there is a fair chance that if you play at high volumes the company speakers can get damage......so reduce the gain to the min so that the amp gives least output hence there is a chance of there survival....also enable the HPF on the amp or the HU so that little lower freq goes to the driver.....
Old 15th May 2007, 12:58   #13
BHPian

HU with B&w PIO 5990 IB 9990/- you can bargain for discount

I guess within 8 and 10 K you can get good Pioneer ones with B&W
75.4 12990/-
as mentioned if you get it from JBL dealers you can always get max discount possible and also you can try the name dropping thing and ofcourse TEAM_BHP site as well, you are in the city of amazing installers and dealers.

cheers

do let us know your install
Old 17th May 2007, 11:16   #14
BHPian

Frens

I managed to get cash for company fitted HU its for 7k now for HU i can spend around 10-11k

Suggest me nice HU also tell me from where to buy it in bangalore nice and genuine dealer.....

Appreciate your help
Old 17th May 2007, 13:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I managed to get cash for company fitted HU its for 7k now for HU i can spend around 10-11k
At a 11K budget for the HU I'd suggest the Alpine 9843. Really good HU. Or, you can keep an 8-9K budget for the HU (eg. Pio 6850) and apply the rest towards better speakers.

Most Viewed