Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2007, 14:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
as I had said earlier a 60 liter box as recommended by hertz will do a fine job....
sir that to ill do definitely. but why the he** is it giving 400 l?? maybe because the tuning freq is too low? yes its low i guess its 18 hz lol.
BTW, what shoul be the tuning frequency of this sub?has tuning freq anything to do with fs? fs is 24.2.

Gunbir paaji where are you? you are the best person to comment on this topic. Jb you also if you can. im awaiting a reply from both of you two.
cheers
clip
Old 12th May 2007, 17:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
sir that to ill do definitely. but why the he** is it giving 400 l?? maybe because the tuning freq is too low? yes its low i guess its 18 hz lol.
BTW, what shoul be the tuning frequency of this sub?has tuning freq anything to do with fs? fs is 24.2.

Gunbir paaji where are you? you are the best person to comment on this topic. Jb you also if you can. im awaiting a reply from both of you two.
cheers
clip
Ya the lower you go for the tunning freq the volume will increase.....it is one to decide which tunning freq to choose from.....also if you increase the box volume the power handling will also reduce...so it a very trick thing to choose from.....the hertz people have used about 30hz which will be good one as very less of the music is below that.....so I will again suggest to go the hertz way...as it will be a perfect balance between all the specs....
Old 12th May 2007, 17:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
clipto,i suppose gunbir is having a slightly used audison amp which is in mint condition.just pm him and see if anything can work out.hope this helps bro.
hi,

thanks brother. ill check with him.

cheers
clip
Old 12th May 2007, 18:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Ya the lower you go for the tunning freq the volume will increase.....it is one to decide which tunning freq to choose from.....also if you increase the box volume the power handling will also reduce...so it a very trick thing to choose from.....the hertz people have used about 30hz which will be good one as very less of the music is below that.....so I will again suggest to go the hertz way...as it will be a perfect balance between all the specs....
ok sir. now specs decided. ill go the LBM way. LBM do you know you are not less than a guru in car audio? pata hai na tuhanu paaji??
seriously man im not joking. how come do you know so much? whats your audio age?

also i heard the good news about your office. sir good news as in there was not a major problem and all is well. thank god no one got hurt and there was no serious damage.

on the lighter note..must say..pakha jal gaya, kursi jal gayi, jbl nahi jala. this proves the quality of jbl. even the tissue box was of great quality. lol.

BTW whose the brand ambassador of jbl in team bhp?? Sam himself?

cheers

clip
Old 12th May 2007, 18:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ok sir. now specs decided. ill go the LBM way. LBM do you know you are not less than a guru in car audio? pata hai na tuhanu paaji??
seriously man im not joking. how come do you know so much? whats your audio age?

also i heard the good news about your office. sir good news as in there was not a major problem and all is well. thank god no one got hurt and there was no serious damage.

on the lighter note..must say..pakha jal gaya, kursi jal gayi, jbl nahi jala. this proves the quality of jbl. even the tissue box was of great quality. lol.

BTW whose the brand ambassador of jbl in team bhp?? Sam himself?
Clip sahib I am no guru here...I am just a hobbiest trying its best in audio....my audio age....hmmm....I started it quite back even I dont remember it now....ya about the office everything is safe and sound even the JBL tissue box....

And Very our Sam Bhai is the Brand ambassador of Team-Bhp......
Old 13th May 2007, 00:07   #21
BHPian

hi lbm,
yaar im still not sure about the sq part. wish i could audition your ICE.
now where is Gunbir. maybe he can clear my doubts as he is the HERTZ GUY.
lol

lbm paaji tusi toap ho.
sorry mods for yhe punjabi.

cheers

clip
Old 13th May 2007, 00:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
lbm paaji tusi toap ho.
sorry mods for yhe punjabi.
Clip Sir I am no toap as I cannot fire rounds......lol

so I request stop praising me...as there are more knowledgeable person here on this forum which are meant to be praised.....
Old 13th May 2007, 08:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Clip Sir I am no toap as I cannot fire rounds......lol

so I request stop praising me...as there are more knowledgeable person here on this forum which are meant to be praised.....
hi,

sir i know there are knowledgeable experts in team bhp and you are one of them IMO, IMHO yes this is my opinion :-) and im sure quite a lot of people think that way

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 13th May 2007 at 08:22.
Old 14th May 2007, 00:07   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Qts - 0.52
Vas - 183 L
Fs - 24.20 Hz
clip something is wrong here.

THe VB you suggested was 2 x Vas. That will drop your Qtc below 0.5 which is really not required in a car. i dont have any software on the PC I am using now but even a cursory look at the numbers you have given would suggest sealed a box in the area of 60-100 liters. Your Fs is plently low so even if the F3 is 35Hz in a sealed box it will be fine. cabin gain will help below that.

Also for bass reflex boxes I dont like a Fb < Fs. Strange things happen below Fb if we do that. Try it and listen to it and you'll know. All I have learnt is from trying and doing. Never read Weems, Dickanson, etc.. but have always wished I had.

Last edited by navin : 14th May 2007 at 00:11.
Old 14th May 2007, 00:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
clip something is wrong here.

THe VB you suggested was 2 x Vas. That will drop your Qtc below 0.5 which is really not required in a car. i dont have any software on the PC I am using now but even a cursory look at the numbers you have given would suggest sealed a box in the area of 60-100 liters. Your Fs is plently low so even if the F3 is 35Hz in a sealed box it will be fine. cabin gain will help below that.

Also for bass reflex boxes I dont like a Fb < Fs. Strange things happen below Fb if we do that. Try it and listen to it and you'll know. All I have learnt is from trying and doing. Never read Weems, Dickanson, etc.. but have always wished I had.
VB -> box volume

Vas -> Equivalent air compliance. The volume of air that has the same compliance ("springiness") as the driver's suspension. Because less air is more "springy" than more air, a large Vas represents a "loose" suspension

Fs ->resonance frequency of the driver

Fb -> Tuning freq of the ported box

F3 -> the frequency at which the acoustic power output from a system has fallen to one-half its reference value. Known as the systems 3dB down point.
Old 14th May 2007, 10:57   #26
Team-BHP Support

LBM, that was funny. THere used to be a time when Sam used to do the needful. I forget that I use "loudspeaker-ese" like most use hinglish.

Thanks for doing the needful. Less work for Sam. Next time we'll discuss IB, OB, TL, MLTL, AP, etc... ;-).

BTW do these terms consitiute "SMS slang"? Got to check with the other mods.
Old 14th May 2007, 11:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
LBM, that was funny. THere used to be a time when Sam used to do the needful. I forget that I use "loudspeaker-ese" like most use hinglish.

Thanks for doing the needful. Less work for Sam. Next time we'll discuss IB, OB, TL, MLTL, AP, etc... ;-).

BTW do these terms consitiute "SMS slang"? Got to check with the other mods.
Hahahaha....I thought that clip will definatly ask what does the above shortforms meaning....so I put it before he asked....lol

I dont think so as these words were made well before the word SMS came....I think these are some techinacl words like these Kw, HP, BHP, Kva

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 14th May 2007 at 11:26.
Old 14th May 2007, 14:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Clip, here are the ports specs you want...

and prices...

AR 65V = Rs 640.00, AR 80V = Rs 700.00, AR 100V = Rs 830.00

Last edited by gunbir : 14th May 2007 at 14:32.
Old 14th May 2007, 15:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Hahahaha....I thought that clip will definatly ask what does the above shortforms meaning....so I put it before he asked....lol

I dont think so as these words were made well before the word SMS came....I think these are some techinacl words like these Kw, HP, BHP, Kva
hi lbm,

so now you have started making fun of me? lol.. i know the shortforms. its been quite a while i know them and once navinji also explained it to me on my earlier thread.

lbm paaji i have to build an enclosure for my friend for his civic. actually im responsible for his whole install(comps, amp, wiring etc.) if you could suggest the ported enclosure volume for pio 12" subs? he has around 6 subs. 2 302, 2 304, 2, 306. imo pio subs have similar t/s specs. so please suggest the volume. ok lets make it pio 306. please suggest an enclosure for spl.

And navinji, these are not SMS/Chat lingo IMHO. you can use these here in tbhp. sounding like a mod?? (dont take this seriously im just kidding)

cheers
clip
Old 14th May 2007, 16:00   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
you could suggest the ported enclosure volume for pio 12" subs? he has around 6 subs. 2 302, 2 304, 2, 306. imo pio subs have similar t/s specs. so please suggest the volume. ok lets make it pio 306.
Just use the 306. Is it a 306C or 306F?

Most Viewed