Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2007, 12:29   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Nuwud MDF 12mm thickness comes in 4 qualities. Prices per sq ft are Rs 28, Rs 33, Rs 40 & Rs 50. Thinking of replacing my Santro door-pads with one of these if possible.
What is the difference between them.....
Old 19th May 2007, 14:37   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
What is the difference between them.....
Rs50/ sq ft Phenol-bonded, IS12406 stamp present, Nuwud logo present
Rs40/ sq ft Urea-bonded, IS12406 stamp present, Nuwud logo present
Rs33/ sq ft Urea-bonded, IS12406 stamp absent, Nuwud logo present
Rs28/ sq ft Urea-bonded, IS12406 stamp absent, Nuwud logo absent
I have no clue what all this means to the consumer. Was under the impression that phenol-bonded stuff was water-proof but sales person said it was not.

Last edited by navin : 19th May 2007 at 19:51.
Old 21st May 2007, 11:15   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Navin Ji....the internet is not just a simple time pass it has got many good thing on it....If one has any problem or doubt just type it and you can get a answer......

Ya I got my first expereince of internet in 1994 and it used to be a dial-up connection with very bad speeds...and it was very hard to search for stuff that time...but now it is very easy and the net has evolved vastly.....I have some of my father books on transistor and vacum tube dated in the 70`s.....I tried to make some projects but could not find the old stuff....lol...but now no need for books ever thing is on the net and the T-BHP.......
Can't agree more, LBM!
I remember people used to call you "chief googler" or something, in somewhat derogatory sense. But you should actually be proud of that title, keep it up
Old 21st May 2007, 11:44   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I remember people used to call you "chief googler" or something, in somewhat derogatory sense. But you should actually be proud of that title, keep it up
Hey I used to call hm that and it was NOT deregatory in anyway. I am extremely sorry if it came across that way.

I am just amazed how good some people are with google. Google is just a big encylopedia. if you dont ask it the right questions it wont throw up the right answers. LBM was very good at asking the right questions. I dont think I could do anything close to what LBM can do. It requires patience, perseverance, and practice.
Old 21st May 2007, 12:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Hey I used to call hm that and it was NOT deregatory in anyway. I am extremely sorry if it came across that way.

I am just amazed how good some people are with google. Google is just a big encylopedia. if you dont ask it the right questions it wont throw up the right answers. LBM was very good at asking the right questions. I dont think I could do anything close to what LBM can do. It requires patience, perseverance, and practice.
Thank you Navin Ji...I am obliged....but I am not so good at it but I try to get the best results that I can......
Old 21st May 2007, 12:16   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you Navin Ji...I am obliged....but I am not so good at it but I try to get the best results that I can......
I am relieved. For a while there I thoguht you had taken the "chief googler" tag I had given you the wrong way. I never meant it to be deregatory in anyway. Thank you for understanding.
Old 21st May 2007, 12:24   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Navinji, take it easy sir! I don't even remember who it was, and anyway I was criticizing the comment, not persons who made it

Quote:
Exactly, internet is full of all kinds of information (many time misleading, too)... it is not so easy to get exactly relevant stuff. Little off-topic, but to give an example of myself, when I was trying to know how human ears-brain perceive 3D location of a sound source, all I got was loads of stuff just mentioning that its related to HRTFs which is something "complex". It took a long time before I came across a professor's page where he gave an easy to understand and convincing introduction to the matter. Not only that, he also explained how un-important a playback system is in reproducing the original sound image and how important (on the other hand) recording process is.
Old 21st May 2007, 12:35   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Navinji, take it easy sir! I don't even remember who it was, and anyway I was criticizing the comment, not persons who made it

Exactly, internet is full of all kinds of information (many time misleading, too)... it is not so easy to get exactly relevant stuff. Little off-topic, but to give an example of myself, when I was trying to know how human ears-brain perceive 3D location of a sound source, all I got was loads of stuff just mentioning that its related to HRTFs which is something "complex". It took a long time before I came across a professor's page where he gave an easy to understand and convincing introduction to the matter. Not only that, he also explained how un-important a playback system is in reproducing the original sound image and how important (on the other hand) recording process is.
Yes Navin Ji....don't take it that way I am not that kind of person.....

Ya...Santosh same goes for the photography also...it is the recording process which is more important like in a 3-D photo it requires two camera to take the photo and then again two projectors to display it......and all this science stuff is very interesting when we go more deeper into it......I think we are very much OFF topic here.....

So here is some thing on-topic.....Clip is the enclosure made or still it is in the process........

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 21st May 2007 at 12:37.
Old 21st May 2007, 15:23   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Navin Ji....don't take it that way I am not that kind of person.....

Ya...Santosh same goes for the photography also...it is the recording process which is more important like in a 3-D photo it requires two camera to take the photo and then again two projectors to display it......and all this science stuff is very interesting when we go more deeper into it......I think we are very much OFF topic here.....

So here is some thing on-topic.....Clip is the enclosure made or still it is in the process........

hi,

paaji still stuck cause i dont want my enclosure to get ready before my friend's...he'll feel bad. im really confused what to do. my friend has asked me to build an enclosure fro his pio302f. yes free air. as i told you earlier, i have a reputation to live upto here cause my friends think im good at ice. and i dont want his subs to sound bad.

Any suggestions for pio ts-w302f enclosure? also its only 150w nominal. will it able to handle around 250w? ok 250w at 14.4v, it will be around 200w at 13v if im not wrong. Whats the voltage helix gives for the output?

santosh? whys the comment derogatory? i think its great that someone helps us understand things better. and imo lbm is the man..its not easy to have this kind of skill.

Cheers
clip

for my reputation i give all credit to you guys (navinjii, lbm, gunbir, jb, b&t) and tbhp. i have learned alot from you guys. but let me tell you, im just an average guy who loves music.
Old 21st May 2007, 16:24   #70
Team-BHP Support

why does the 302f have to be in a sealed box? why not free air like it was degined for? I forget.
Old 21st May 2007, 20:06   #71
BHPian

Quote:
why does the 302f have to be in a sealed box? why not free air like it was degined for? I forget.
OYE HOYE NAVINJI,

lol. main to aapko ghuma doonga. :-) no sealed navinji. ported. ok the focus is on this 302f install. now no confusion. and i will make sure i type clearly if i ask anything else.

i want to build a ported enclosure for 2 subs i.e. pioneer ts-w302f. please suggest the volume and port dia and length. i want basssss. dont care about sq.

ot - can anyone help me buy a fuse holder and a fuse for my pio 944. we dont get spare holders here. any timepaas JUGAAD? lol

cheers
clip

p.s. - i have noticed that two guys here really help me alot. i would like to thank you for this navinji and lbm paaji. i have been rude to you quite a few times but now i understand you much better. thanks alot for helping me.
Old 21st May 2007, 21:16   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
lol. main to aapko ghuma doonga. :-)
i want to build a ported enclosure for 2 subs i.e. pioneer ts-w302f. please suggest the volume and port dia and length. i want basssss. dont care about sq.
1. why do you want to loose me?

2. If you want bass and damn the SQ then why not free air? If you insist on a prted box we'd need the T/S specs like Fs, Qts, Vas, etc...
Old 21st May 2007, 23:50   #73
BHPian

Quote:

2. If you want bass and damn the SQ then why not free air? If you insist on a prted box we'd need the T/S specs like Fs, Qts, Vas, etc...

Hi,

Navinji, didnt get what you saying(loose me as in?)

ok here are the t/s parameters taken from bass box pro's database. i hope they are accurate.

Fs - 33.4 Hz
Qms - 17.75
Vas - 105.6 Liters
Cms - 0.286 mm/N
Mms - 79.49 g
Xmax - 6 mm
Sd - 511 sq.cm
Qes - 0.494
Re - 3 ohms
Le - 0.618 mH
Z - 4 ohms
BL - 10.23 Tm
Pe - 150 watts
Qts - 0.481

cheers

clip
Old 22nd May 2007, 00:42   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
lol. main to aapko ghuma doonga. :-)
Quote:
LOL Seeing Navin trying to comprehend Hindi is always fun!!!!

Navin let me clarify here:

Guma = Lose

Ghuma = Twist/Confuse/Take for a ride

Hope that clears up that statement
Old 22nd May 2007, 01:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Navinji, didnt get what you saying(loose me as in?)

ok here are the t/s parameters taken from bass box pro's database. i hope they are accurate.

Fs - 33.4 Hz
Qms - 17.75
Vas - 105.6 Liters
Cms - 0.286 mm/N
Mms - 79.49 g
Xmax - 6 mm
Sd - 511 sq.cm
Qes - 0.494
Re - 3 ohms
Le - 0.618 mH
Z - 4 ohms
BL - 10.23 Tm
Pe - 150 watts
Qts - 0.481

Clip the 302F is quite old sub approx 8-10 years old.....I think it will not handle 250 watts....I think I will not take 150 even.....but if the owner is on tight budget...he can put then in a ported of volume 1.5 to 2 cuft....and tune the port with 3 inch pipe....with different lenghts of 8-14 inch.....put that one which sound you best......

(the above sizes and dimension are just average values.....based on my experience....I dont confirm what will be the results......but one thing is sure it will produce good SPL....)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks