Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 10:10   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
LOL Seeing Navin trying to comprehend Hindi is always fun!!!!
Guma = Lose
Ghuma = Twist/Confuse/Take for a ride
Ok now I get it. I think Clip got my confused reply too. Cops in Mumbai (atleast one cop) refuse to understand why a person who looks Indian, has an Indian name, was born in Mumbai, can barely speak Hindi or any other Indian language.
Old 22nd May 2007, 19:19   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Ok now I get it. I think Clip got my confused reply too. Cops in Mumbai (atleast one cop) refuse to understand why a person who looks Indian, has an Indian name, was born in Mumbai, can barely speak Hindi or any other Indian language.
so you are bad at hindi. although i can speak hindi, i cant write this language.
no hindi or hinglish for navinji from now on :-)

cheers
clip
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:27   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
so you are bad at hindi. although i can speak hindi, i cant write this language.
no hindi or hinglish for navinji from now on :-)
clip
Hmm... I'll make sure I don't use chaste Hindi/Urdu with Navin-ji the kind soul.

Quote:
Navin-ji, what's the secret of not knowing an Indian language (and getting away with it)? [BTW, check again. Those ignorant cops perhaps don't know that the languages you probably speak are official Indian languages!!! ]
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:15   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Navin-ji, what's the secret of not knowing an Indian language (and getting away with it)? [BTW, check again. Those ignorant cops perhaps don't know that the languages you probably speak are official Indian languages!!! ]
I am monolingual if you dont include my sparse Hindi, Geman (spent time there), and Spannish (spent time in NYC and LA).

How I "got away" with it is anyone's guess.

Let me given you one example.

One day I find a watchman in my building sleeping on the job. So I wake him up and tell him "agle baar main uppar wala ko ja ke bolunga". I meant I would talk to the man above him (menaing his boss). The watchman looks at me with a bewildered look.

Meanwhile my wife is laughing so hard she cant stand. So I turn to her and she says "what you said was that next time you would talk to God".

Last edited by navin : 23rd May 2007 at 12:19.
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:05   #80
BHPian

Quote:
I am monolingual if you dont include my sparse Hindi, Geman (spent time there), and Spannish (spent time in NYC and LA).

How I "got away" with it is anyone's guess.

Let me given you one example.

One day I find a watchman in my building sleeping on the job. So I wake him up and tell him "agle baar main uppar wala ko ja ke bolunga". I meant I would talk to the man above him (menaing his boss). The watchman looks at me with a bewildered look.

Meanwhile my wife is laughing so hard she cant stand. So I turn to her and she says "what you said was that next time you would talk to God".
thats great. lol. im very good at understanding hindi related to science and technology all thanks to dicovery channel. yes we get it in hindi here through our cable operator lol. its damn funny man.

ok lets not go OT too much. something on topic like lbm says....

yesterday i installed the ice in my friends civic. well you can hardly call it ICE. lol

we installed 2 subs i.e. pioneer ts-w304f )again free air but it can take 300w nominal) in a timepass ported enclosure. ill post the t/s parameters in a while and you let me know the enclosure specs.

we used a fake alpine cause the helix hxa400 he had went into protection after some time. what could be the problem navinji and is ti something serious? i checked all the wires including ground, interconnects ,+ve etc, everything was fine.

The head unit is stock. the speakers are also stock. maybe he will install a pio 6x9. i tried to convince him for the comps but us punjabis dont know what front soundstage is. we only crave for good rear speakers with ts-20 in front.lol. but atleast he's not going with ts-20s as the civic already comes with tweets in front. Edit - I used a speaker level to line level converter

one question navinji. the stock front speakers distort alot when played just above half the volume. can i make a xover for the front tweets and speaker(ill call it midbass ok?) so that the midbass plays over 80 or 100 hz dont need bass from these midbasses as the subs are doing duty.

any suggestion for the xo?

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 23rd May 2007 at 13:10.
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:24   #81
Senior - BHPian

they must be on the amp....try them from there.....

Helix is tripping then there would be a wiring fault or the amp is damaged or a repaired one.
Old 23rd May 2007, 14:46   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
they must be on the amp....try them from there.....

Helix is tripping then there would be a wiring fault or the amp is damaged or a repaired one.
hi lbm,

you mean i should power the front midbass and tweets from the amp, right? :-) regarding the tripping, as i said everything was ok. the ground, +ve interconnects etc. i used the rear speaker channels with a 2 ch speaker level to low level converter. the output was quite less and the gains were up all 90%. ithink my friend removed and reconnected the rca cable on the amp. thats when it went into protection and never came back. is this a serious problem paaji?

are they decent speakers? what brand? are all the speakers same?(front,rear)

i saw the backside of the rear speaker, the basket looks like its plastic and it has a very small magnet, probably neo.

if i use an amp with proper xo ithink they will play fine. also lbm paaji, where can i find inductors? are they available or one has to diy?

will it make a difference if i use some other port instead of audison? im not talking about washroom pvc pipes lol. im talking about ports that are installed in desi dj speakers.

cheers
Old 24th May 2007, 03:18   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi lbm,

you mean i should power the front midbass and tweets from the amp, right? :-) regarding the tripping, as i said everything was ok. the ground, +ve interconnects etc. i used the rear speaker channels with a 2 ch speaker level to low level converter. the output was quite less and the gains were up all 90%. ithink my friend removed and reconnected the rca cable on the amp. thats when it went into protection and never came back. is this a serious problem paaji?

are they decent speakers? what brand? are all the speakers same?(front,rear)

i saw the backside of the rear speaker, the basket looks like its plastic and it has a very small magnet, probably neo.

if i use an amp with proper xo ithink they will play fine. also lbm paaji, where can i find inductors? are they available or one has to diy?

will it make a difference if i use some other port instead of audison? im not talking about washroom pvc pipes lol. im talking about ports that are installed in desi dj speakers.

cheers

Hmmm....check the wires again it might be the case like our MF (moralfibre) had with his amp..the ground was not properly done...even if it does not return normal get it check before further damage is done...

no they are **** speakers...they the Honda OEM speakers and there is no neo magnet there....

it is hard to find inductors one will have to DIY them....

there will be no major difference but there will be some whistle sound which is known as port noise will occur when the low end of the music is played but no need to worry as you plan to play it in a civic boot you will not be able here the whistles.....
Old 24th May 2007, 11:30   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
we used a fake alpine cause the helix hxa400 he had went into protection after some time. what could be the problem navinji and is ti something serious? i checked all the wires including ground, interconnects ,+ve etc, everything was fine.

The head unit is stock. the speakers are also stock. maybe he will install a pio 6x9. Edit - I used a speaker level to line level converter

one question navinji. the stock front speakers distort alot when played just above half the volume. can i make a xover for the front tweets and speaker(ill call it midbass ok?) so that the midbass plays over 80 or 100 hz dont need bass from these midbasses as the subs are doing duty.
the fake alpine does not have protection for current overload, heat or short circuits so it wont go into protection mode. You for 2 304F (4 ohms nominal each ) being driving by a Helix 400? The Helix 400 is rated as a 2 x 250W (bridged mode) so it should not go into protection. I assume you are bridging the amp from 4ch. to 2 ch. and connecting one sub per channel.

to make a bass blocker you'll need 2 470uf electrolyitc caps end to end (series). if you want you can add a 2.2uf poly cap in parallel with the series combinationa above.
Old 24th May 2007, 12:09   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the fake alpine does not have protection for current overload, heat or short circuits so it wont go into protection mode.
Navin Ji they have some protection circuit in them...I have seen a lot of them here in Faridabad installed....people here drive 2 sub wired at 2 ohm on each bridged channel and make the amp hot as a heater and after a misuse of 15-20 min the amp starts to trip....
Old 24th May 2007, 12:13   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin Ji they have some protection circuit in them.......
Ok then maybe there is something wrong with the Helix amp. After all it suppsoed to delvier 250Wx2 and that should be enough to drive 2 x 304F in free air.
Old 24th May 2007, 13:13   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm....check the wires again it might be the case like our MF (moralfibre) had with his amp..the ground was not properly done...even if it does not return normal get it check before further damage is done...

no they are **** speakers...they the Honda OEM speakers and there is no neo magnet there....

there will be no major difference but there will be some whistle sound which is known as port noise will occur when the low end of the music is played but no need to worry as you plan to play it in a civic boot you will not be able here the whistles.....
hi,

already given the amp for repairs. te ground was mounted on the chassis after scraping the paint off.

what magnate they use then? it was really small.

im not gonna use the desi port on my enclosure. its for my friend who thinks its a waste of money to spend 900 on a port.lol

cheers
clip

Navinji,

theres something wrong with the helix amp. yes i was bridging from 4 to 2 ch. given it for repair so lets see what comes out.

thanks

Last edited by clipto333 : 24th May 2007 at 13:20.
Old 24th May 2007, 13:43   #88
Senior - BHPian

here are the pics of honda oe speakers (jkdas posted them)

and Navin Ji this is the inside of a fake alpine amp....there is a thermistor which trips the amp when it is over heated...

Old 24th May 2007, 14:03   #89
BHPian

hi,

lbm, where is the magnet? what type of magnet is used in these oe speakers?

thanks for the pics
Old 24th May 2007, 14:24   #90
Senior - BHPian

which magnet are you talking about...it is in the center of the speaker...it is the normal ferrite one...nothing special about it...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks